Uk ladies have u got any good book recommendations for first time parents

I'm due on Saturday with our first and had a bit of a panic about a month ago because although we've had babies in our family I've never really been involved to the point of changing a nappy!

So hubby bought me this book from Amazon and I have to say its been a bit of a god send:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0091910552/?tag=googhydr-21&hvadid=6489303169&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=669529&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1144905937198627625&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4fxxem04pw_e

i often refer to the 'what to expect when you are expecting book' heidi murkoff and more often ' Your pregnancy Bible' by Anne Deans xx

Thank u ladies,I am actually a trained nursery nurse but going to b a first time mum so a book will b helpful and for hubby

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears is awesome! It literally has everything in there you'd ever want to know about infant and toddler care, from developmental milestones and play, health issues, baby care, CPR and first aid, sections on sleep, bonding, nutrition and weaning, babyproofing, relationship issues with your partner etc. Of course, it does come from an attachment parenting angle, but unless you are a strict 'cry it out' 'babies shouldn't be held or it will spoil them' kinda person, you'll find it appeals to you. I only just bought it recently (my daughter is 3 mo), but wish I'd gotten it while I was still pregnant. It's like a reference book (it's probably like 800 pages) so you don't have to read the whole thing, just look up and read the parts you need.

The only book I've read is pregnancy for men which I think is brilliant for guys and I actually rather read that then the ones for women

I'd totally recommend:
The Wonder Weeks (great developmental book)
Baby Bliss by Dr Harvey Karp. (Good newborn book)
What Mothers do by Naomi Stadlen (post baby mummy reassurance)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Baby-...163197&sr=8-1&keywords=your+baby+week+by+week

Great book for those who, like me, don't really know the things that those who have more experience with babies take for granted, like how many bottles in 24 hours etc. will be getting it out again this time.

I'll put in another vote for the 'your baby week by week' book
I'v just dug it out again to have another read of.
Its so well set out with sections for feeding, sleeping, crying etc and it tells you what to expect and around when to expect it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->