uk ladies nursing bras

familygirl30

Reaction score
Wheres the best place to get them from?i have heard you should get measured around 37 weeks,when did u ladies?and do they allow room incase my boobs really grow aft birth lol?Also how many have u got?

I got mine last time from Mothercare, they had a pretty good choice and had a fitting service.
I only got 2 to keep me going in hospital with a view to buying more afterwards but bf didnt work out for us so didnt need them anyway.
I went in around 37/8 weeks and they said that was fine but the closer to due date you could go the better
Xx

My advice is to invest! I had some cheap ones and they were like hammocks! Eventually I treated myself to two Hot Milk bras and they are lovely. Comfortable, very well supported and give your bust a nice shape. Also discreet to feed from. Xxx

https://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/nursing-bras/sophie-nursing-bra/candypink/pnl7cp/

Well worth the money. I had mine fitted at 36 weeks and they are spot on now my milk is in. Theylook nice too. I brought black and a white one.

I went to m&s and got a couple of pretty ones in a pack of two. I ended up with a size bigger than I was at 38 weeks, which is when I went to get measured. I would just get two to start off with as you don't want more if breastfeeding doesn't work out for any reason.

HotMilk are brilliant if you're quite boob-y and John Lewis own brand are quite good too, in that they're suportive but don't come up to your chin. I would suggest trying on a few styles if possible, as they don't all come up the same (same as normal bras, really). I found with DD that the ones I had in the last trimester fitted perfectly, and I could just put them on the tighter hooks as the weight (gradually) came off. The only time they might be tight is when your milk comes in and your boobs triple in size and temperature, however I found the best thing was to wear the looser more well worn ones if I had to go out, and just sit there with a cold towel over my chest to stay in.

I looked in Mothercare last week, the shop assistant told me that they don't recommend (and wouldn't sell to me?!) before 38 weeks, at which point they would measure and I should buy one chest size and two cup sizes larger to allow for my milk to come in.

Since I haven't changed bra size in the whole of my pregnancy this seemed a little excessive. I was planning on buying one or two in my current size, getting some use out of them now and then buying bigger later if I needed too. Now I have no idea what to do?? :shrug:

I looked in Mothercare last week, the shop assistant told me that they don't recommend (and wouldn't sell to me?!) before 38 weeks, at which point they would measure and I should buy one chest size and two cup sizes larger to allow for my milk to come in.

Since I haven't changed bra size in the whole of my pregnancy this seemed a little excessive. I was planning on buying one or two in my current size, getting some use out of them now and then buying bigger later if I needed too. Now I have no idea what to do?? :shrug:

I have never heard this, it sounds like crap. Mothercare was where I got my first 2 nursing bras and they were terrible! I use them now for light support when I go to bed and nothing else! I was advised to buy my usual size as the manufacturers account for growth, which makes sense and worked for me! Hot Milk all the way. But do get the non underwired ones. I bought an underwired one and it just rode up, you'll need the strong elastic if you have big boobs like me (I'm a 32E) xxx

I bought a couple from m and s and a couple from debenhams towards the end of my last preg. Cheap ish and comfy. Still wear now as still bfing

I second Bravissimo! I'm in Canada and I love ordering from them. Nothing near as good here.

I could have written this word for word. I went into Mothercare for nursing bras last week and was told the same, that they wouldn't sell them before I was at least 36wks. But like you, I haven't changed in size in the slightest!

To OP, I bought 2 shaped ones (like normal bras but without the wire pretty much) from Marks and Spencers and 2 softer ones (I was thinking more for sleeping etc) from John Lewis. I'm already wearing them to sleep in and they are very comfy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->