UK Ladies

sweetpea101

Reaction score
When you had your booking appointment with midwife. Did she book your scan, while you where there? My midwife rang the hospital and got my scan booked for 12th May. My question is did you receive a letter to confirm the scan date? I have not received a letter yet, and I'm now worried that I will turn up for the scan, and they will say there is no appointment booked.

i'll let you know on monday, once i've had my appointment.

For my first I called to make the appointment with all my scans. A letter was dependant on the time frame between booking and the appointment.

I usually find that letters to confirm appointments can take a week or two to arrive

X

I had my booking appointment today at the hospital and the midwife booked my scan there and then. It's in two weeks can't see me getting a letter to confirm though as the appointment is written in my notes xx

They seem to differ so much between areas. I handed in my MW referral form and she rang me to get the basic details and book me in for an appointment and told me she would be contacting the hospital that day too. I just picked my scan appointment letter today when I saw the MW.

My midwife gave me the number to phone and book my own scan which I did and had it last week. No letter ever arrived (I'm north west) my sister who is also pregnant didn't receive a letter either (she's Yorkshire). I wouldn't worry. They'll have you booked in :)

I had my scan and consultant appointment letters the week before my booking appointment with my midwife,she also came to my house for the bbooking. After having a baby in Leeds, one in London and now one in Bedford I really think they are a lot better organised here.

Thanks ladies, seems different everywhere. I had my booking appointment 3 weeks ago. I guess they don't send letters out for your first scan. It is written in my notes though. Fingers crossed I won't get turned away.

Could you call the hospital scanning dept?

My midwife kept my notes and said they get sent to the hospital who then send a letter with your scan date (same as when I had dd although they didn't keep my notes), I had a letter through a week or so later with my 12 week and another with my 20 week date, which I thought was odd as the 12 week obviously checks everything is ok xx

I had my booking app at nine weeks with the midwife at the gp's.
Then I had to wait for a letter, about two weeks for my scan date. Scan was today in a health centre that works alongside the hospital!

I booked my scan at the hospital after I had my first midwife appointment.

Its different here also. We have our booking appointment at around 8 weeks, then scan at 12. The hospital just magically sends us a letter, no one phones the hospital at the booking appointment. Then we make follow on appointments then. The consultant and scan can be different days also. I wouldn't mind, but they changed Southmead into a super hospital and there is never any parking! Which is annoying as I'm due to get scanned every two weeks this time round due to a late miscarriage last pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->