Uk mummies - tea?

MummyKP

Reaction score
What decaf tea do you drink? I've heard a mixture of good and bad things on most decaf lol and I can't cope with no tea! I only have 3-4 cups a day but definitely don't want to drop them!

I had decaff pg tips and it was rotten. To be honest it was so bad it put me off tea altogether :haha: I couldn't face another cup till after ds was born

I'm just sticking to normal tea. I absolutely love the stuff and figure that a few cups a day is fine (guidelines say in moderation). I just can't face decaf!

I saw my midwife yesterday, and said that I had a problem with the caffeine, she said as long as I'm not drinking strong proper coffee, from the coffee shop I'd be ok.

I love my cups of tea a bit too much and didnt think i could move over to decaff, i bought a small box of yorkshire decaff to give it a try, it tastes no different to normal tea, i even tried it out on a few family members and no one noticed lol. I only changed to decaff because i have a lot of tea throughout the day, enough to exceed the recommended caffine limit.

I switched to PG tips decaf, as tea is usually all I drink all day long. I did get headaches due to caffeine withdrawal at first. Unfortunately since the sickness kicked in I'm off tea completely! xx

Barry's decaf is the best one I have come across, but it's difficult to get, morrisons are only ones who stock or I usually get it posted over from Ireland. If I can't get that my fallback is Yorkshire decaf, it's fairly decent. I drink a lot of tea & I tried all the brands, these were the only two which tasted of tea.

Thank you ladies, I will pop over to the shop and see what they have, a small box would be great just to try before buying loads! I don't exceed 4 cups a day, sometimes 5, so not a huge amount but way over the limit lol and I'd rather enjoy a cup than feel guilty as I know I will.

I drink around 3 cups of normal. Tea at work and then switch to decaf or juice at home. I feel so much better for it, gives me a little boost through the day! X

can we not drink tea ? my midwife said its fine i have always had it in my last 6 pregs :dohh:

It's more to do with the amount of caffeine you consume in a day. You're allowed a certain amount and I worked out you can have two or three normal cups a day without exceeding it. I imagine I'll have one cup of normal tea a day & the rest decaf.

They say you shouldn't exceed 200mg of caffeine, and the average cup of tea with milk has about 40mg in.

I drank plenty of normal tea throughout my first pregnancy (albeit weak and milky) but then I have a fairly relaxed approach to what I consume in pregnancy.

Sorry, I'm not a UK mummie, so I may not be qualified to post here! ;) But I didn't think tea was a problem! I also drink about 2 or 3 cups a day without giving it a second thought. Tetley's makes a pretty good decaf Earl Grey, but it's just not the same. My midwife has told me not to worry and that my tea habit is perfectly ok during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->