UK: Online Learning - Pitmans?

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has some experience of any online training courses?

I am taking redundnacy from work along side my Maternity, and part of the package includes a retraining grant. I currently work in the banking sector which i am sure any one who watches the news will know not the best place to be, so am looking at going into bookeeping/finance/accounting = preferablly for a school so it can fit in with my mummy life.

so i have found some online diplomas with Pitmans training and on the face of it - it looks brilliant but dont know if it actually will be useful/worth it - would a employer actually recognise it?

Note i did attend the Open University and have 90% of degree - but it in religion so not very helpful in the field i am now working in.

The most recognised qualification is the AAT you can then follow to do CIMA, ACCA, ACA.

I've do online learning for ACCA. I swapped to online for the final year of my AAT Too. I used Kaplan. BPP also offer similar study options.

I was looking at Kaplan. the pitmams course come with the level 2 bookeeping for the AAT.

i was just worried the AAT would be too intense to do with two kids at home. how are you finding it - how many hrs do you put in a week? Do u have deadline or is it all in ur own time?

I would recommend AAT I did the first year with bop whilst working full time, as long as you can do an hour or two an evening you should be fine. You will need to sit exams ad you go to your nearest centre so might be worth seeing which provider has a centre nearest to you.

I was looking at Kaplan. the pitmams course come with the level 2 bookeeping for the AAT.

i was just worried the AAT would be too intense to do with two kids at home. how are you finding it - how many hrs do you put in a week? Do u have deadline or is it all in ur own time?

I get time during work to study which makes it easier. With the AAT in addition to the lessons I only really had to do a few hours a week homework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->