Uk ppl not being a scav but how do i get it free?

tulip2002

Reaction score
How do i get free prescriptions and dentist when pregnant i cant remember from last time Just that as i already pay for dentists and prescriptions would be a great help not to and save it towards baby?

Have you had your booking in appointment yet with the midwife ? You normally get a pack of leaflets and info and there's a form in there that you fill in and post off and then you get a little card that exempts you x

Have you had your booking in appointment yet with the midwife ? You normally get a pack of leaflets and info and there's a form in there that you fill in and post off and then you get a little card that exempts you x

No not yet was told they wont see you till after 8 weeks so thanks for letting me know guess will have to wait till then

If youve already been to GP then u should just be able to get one from your surgery. Give them a call. X

They will send you a maternity exemption card xxx Your booking appointment will ask you, or i think there is an online form xxxxx

Do you have to pay for prescriptions in England?! They're free in Scotland and I just assumed it was the same across the UK.

Do you have to pay for prescriptions in England?! They're free in Scotland and I just assumed it was the same across the UK.

Yes u have to pay if not on certain benefits and its costs £8.40 per item so thats why want to get it sorted asap as be nice not to pay for awhile!

As the other ladies have said you'll get given the form at your booking in appointment and I would recommend filling it out on the spot and handing it in to reception (it's what I was advised to do).

I've got my mat exemption card and during this pregnancy have been prescribed extra iron, antibiotics and thrush treatment and at no time has the chemist asked to see it.

When I picked up the iron tablets my doctor called up the chemists before faxing over the prescription and told them that I was under maternity exemption but waiting for my card so they knew not to charge me , it might be worth speaking to your doctor to do something similar if you're needing a prescription soon.

Not sure if its different in other areas, but I couldn't apply for my card until I received my MatB1.. and that was at 25 weeks!!

I got mine at my booking in appointment (8 weeks), but it says on the form that the exemption can be back dated by 4 weeks (I think it was), you do not need to produce the exemption card to get it for free. Just tell them you are pregnant but do not have your card yet.

I got mine at my booking in at 8 weeks its still sat in my bag, does any one have experience of having a maternity exemption car whilst already having a medical exemption card? My midwife wasnt sure and no one else seems to know either :shrug:

I got mine at my booking in at 8 weeks its still sat in my bag, does any one have experience of having a maternity exemption car whilst already having a medical exemption card? My midwife wasnt sure and no one else seems to know either :shrug:

Yes, DD1 was 7 months old when I fell pregnant with DD2, I just applied for my second maternity exemption as normal and it came through as normal.

Thanks I wasn't sure but mine is because I'm diabetic so doesn't cover the dental side of things which I would like to have while I can

Oh yeah, just apply as normal and use your maternity one for your dental treatment. Use whichever one you fancy for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->