Ultrasound - Missed Twin Stories?

I'm sorry you didn't get a good answer. You'd think they'd want to make sure either way, since there are different nutritional requirements for twins.

I am shocked they are leaving you tbh sd they would want to make sure in angry for you hun it's horrible the waiting game, can't believe they making you stew and wait for another month and a half xx

Pity if you had spotting or something that required a good look around... not that I'd ever advocate lying ;-)

She didn't say anything in particular about that, but was surprised to see it was up that much already. Especially since it wasn't out if the pelvic cavity a month ago when she checked.

However... The younger midwife who's been doing my checks is moving away on Friday, and she said she's going to have the other midwife call her to let her know of it is twins because she says she'll be surprised if it's not!!

So who knows. Ugh. Maybe it is just one and I've lost my mind!!

Awww dang, too bad. I guess it's a good thing you aren't high risk but sucks that they wont scan you sooner to get a final answer. Did she say anything about your fundal height or just shrugged it off?

I wish I could but there is nowhere for me to get one :( I live in an isolated town in the Northwest Territories and if have to drive 16 hrs to get a scan :(

Not a whole lot I can do but I think if there are two I'm confident I will be able to pick them up on my doppler.

You should do a private scan!

They have a hand held ultrasound thing you can buy that attaches to iPhones.... it's only about $5000 :winkwink: Too bad it wasn't a better deal, I swear every woman would have one lol

They have a hand held ultrasound thing you can buy that attaches to iPhones.... it's only about $5000 :winkwink: Too bad it wasn't a better deal, I swear every woman would have one lol

I probably would never stop looking at the baby :haha:

I'm a little late to this tea party but omg. You have an adorable bump, I think one is hiding in there somewhere. We will all be waiting anxiously with you :wacko:

Yeah I'd be tempted to look all the time too uf I had easy access to a u/s machine but that can't be good! I have to accept that if it's twins I will find out in time.... It sucks waiting but if there's another one there it will be found sooner or later!! :) I will definitely keep you ladies updated! :)

Ah how annoying for you! Just keep Doppler checking we'll all wait it out here with you :haha: xx

ah shame that you didn't get any concrete answer!! and even the younger midwife believes it's twins so saying that you've lost your mind makes no sense - you got MANY reasonable things to suspect of twins so... ah gonna be a hard hard wait!!

i really hope your own doppler manages to give you some answer soon at least!!

if you manage to find two distinct heartbeats on your home doppler, could you call the midwife and get that scan moved forward????

Ergh how annoying you gotta wait

I must admit I'm In the minority that thinks it's just one. But obviously it's annoying not knowing either way

I've told you that my dr won't even Doppler until 16 weeks bc she said you can't truly distinguish 2 heartbeats until then, you may hear the same one is seperate places, pulsing in the umbilical cord or echoing. So you may indeed have a scan before the dopplers accurate.

Oh my gosh! How frustrating for you! (And us! Haha!)

Oh my days ur wait is worse than me waiting for me!!!

On eBay u can buy a dog ultrasound scanner, u need to buy one so u can tell us how many pups u got in ther ha xx

Lol you ladies are funny :) Yesterday and today have kept me super busy and then super exhausted. It's made the last couple of days go by fast... I'm hoping to keep that aspect up til I can find out more! :)

Ooohhh how exciting, I'm definatly stalking xx good luck x

I can't believe the u/s was pushed even further away!! I'm so excited to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->