• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultrasound - Missed Twin Stories?

Looking good mama!!! Can't wait for your 20 week appt!!

it HAS to be twins!! that bump is just tooo big for only 1!!!

Thanks ladies!! I can't wait for my 20 week appointment either!!!

i also can't believe it's a single bean bump, that one. ok, 4th pregnancy BUT. this is just so so so amazingly round! i hope your doppler gives you some ideas on how many babies are in there at least!

It is my 6th pregnancy... But still. My third, fourth and fifth pregnancies were all pretty much the same in size and I was never this big this soon. Plus I never get morning sickness besides the odd few times... The last couple of weeks and particularly the last week have been BRUTAL! The nausea sucks so bad and it's there pretty much all day, and gets worse at big ht. Plus I've bedn getting headaches. I've thrown up once in all my pregnancies and that was about a week and a half ago!

I have my normal midwife app't coming up on Oct 15th and another one mid-November and then my scan the last week of November.

I'm stalking this thread even through I'm in 2nd tri. Wow! Bump certainly would make you think twins. Hoping you find something out before 20 weeks.

Stalking :hi: That's a big bump for 11 weeks lol x

I tried on my doppler last night again (can't help myself) to see if I could make out a second one. Every time I do it it sounds more and more like there's one behind this one, lol. Like an overlap but it's sooooo hard to tell! Especially if their heart rates are basically the same, it would be super hard to distinguish. Is it possible for twins to lay one on top of the other or are they always side by side? Might sound like a silly question but I mean can one baby be more towards my tummy and one be more towards my back? That would make it super hard to pick up the one behind! If they share a sac which is what I'm thinking is the case, is that even possible for them to be laying like that? I have no idea!

Hiya love. U r having twins! I'd bet a pound on it ha ;0)

As far as I know they can sit anyway they want! One was sitting down below and the other was on top, top and tail as well. Well they wer like that on scan days ha. ... I don't know how u r coping xxx

I'm pretty sure twins can get situated however they want to fit lol. If you Google it there's some pretty funny ones.

A couple other things I've noticed that are totally different about this pregnancy: aside from everything else I've already mentioned, this is the first pg that I've experienced such terrible nausea with. I've never thrown up (or been any more than a bit queasy here and there) in any of my pg's - until this one. I threw up only once so far but the gagging on pretty much everything I eat, I can't take my prenatals for about 2 weeks now, gagging even thinking about things.

And headaches! I rarely get headaches at any time. I've had a whole bunch this pg and the other day I felt like my head would explode. I have a BP monitor and I've always had nice low bp in my pregnancies, and that hasn't changed. So I'm not concerned at all but it's new for me!

I swear there was something else but I'm having a pregnancy brain moment! Lol

Oooh just read the thread! Mega interested in the outcome!

Idk if that points to twins mamabean. That's how I've been with this pregnancy but not at all with my DD.

nov 20th if i remember well, brace yourself for a looooong wait! (all the ladies on this tread are super-impatient, i dare not imagine how it is for Mamabean1!! ...by the way girl, i admire your mental strength oh so much! i'd be gone insane 20 times by now!)

I know you're pretty well set on the idea that you're having twins, but have you considered that your belly being that distended may be related to a medical condition instead?

I'd be very nervous about waiting to investigate further. Women pregnant with more than twins don't even show that much within the first trimester (or at least I've not seen any).

Your doc has to be concerned with how thin you are otherwise, it just doesn't make any sense......if they're not willing to look into other causes I'd be seeking private care - and asap if I were you. I realize you may not have a lot of options where you're at but when you look at the other reasons for distension that pronounced it's nothing that should be waited on :(

Oh I thought you had an appointment today! I must have remembered wrong. How you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->