Undecided on when it start ttc

Girly922

Reaction score
For months now we'd agreed we would start ttc #2 in September/October of this year. This cycle we had a whoopsie that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. OH had really come around to the idea of having a new baby slightly sooner than planned. He has now asked if we should move ttc forward to June. So now I'm completely confused as to when we will be trying, and even, when I want to start trying.

We are in a simliar situation as we to will be trying no.2. We originally said September also but as time has gone on we have both said we just don't want another winter baby. Ds born end of Jan and is 15mo.

We have now moved our date to July as we have lots of things coming to an end so good time for new start :winkwink: we fell first time with ds but I don't feel that will happen again this time.

You just need to sit down and talk through all your worries before deciding to move it forward. My biggest thing was I couldn't start now as I need that bit more time just dh, ds and me and giving ds as much as possible (time wise) so July works well for us. I work in a preschool so will get the 6weeks off starting in July for that special time with ds :thumbup:

If your not comfortable starting sooner why not? Whatever happens just think its whats best for you and your family :thumbup:

It does sound like we are in a similar place. DD is 18m, born in the October. I like the idea of a summer baby which is why I like the sound of trying in September. Lol.

We had a miscarriage before DD was conceived. But we conceived her on our first cycle actively trying. We were ntnp prior to that, and conceived first time too. This CP was a contraception fail on the day of ovulation too.

My biggest fear is having another loss. I know it's completely irrational to put off ttc because of that fear alone, but I cant seem to shift it.

Whenever I try having an in depth conversation with OH about planning these things, he just says he's happy to wait until I want to start trying. He had originally expressed a desire to start trying at the beginning of this year but I wasn't ready.

I'm right there with you both. My son is 21 months, and we were just starting to talk about when we might try for a second when I became pregnant last October (he was 15 months). I ended up have a MMC. Following that, my husband went straight to being ready to start and I wanted to push it back. I am also worried about the possibility of dealing with another loss. We decided to definitely wait until about now, as we are getting ready to travel abroad and I didn't want to deal with morning sickness or a possible miscarriage while traveling. But now that we got to May... I'm undecided. Part of me wants to wait until fall because (1) I loved having a summer baby and (2) my crazy kid is a lot to handle and him being closer to 3 when baby 2 arrives sounds slightly easier. But a friend just had her second on Monday, and visiting them totally gave me baby fever and now I'm back to thinking we should just NTNP now and see how it goes...

I'm sorry about your loss SpringCrane :hugs:
I know that feeling of wanting DD to be closer to 3 when the new baby arrives too.

It's nice knowing that you ladies are in a very similar situation to us

I am waiting for my proposal first :haha: I want B to be somewhere between 2.5-3.5 when we have another.

My situation is similar to you ladies, My ds is also 18 months and we were thinking of trying in September/October with the thought he would be closer to 3 when #2 is born.

We had a whoopsie too (lol love that term!) when ds turned 1 but ended in an ectopic with a tube removed. We weren't ready for #2 but we quickly came round to the idea then when it was taken away from us we were devastated but the thought of trying again was just awful and I went through a phase of not wanting to try again ever again whereas DH is happy to try now. Ultimately I don't want ds to be an only child and our family does not feel complete so we have compromised on September/October to try.

I just wanted to say that I understand your feelings. I am feeling more ready to try now but I want to give it just those few months to get healthy. Sept is only 5 months away! Have a heart to heart with DH :flower:

I'm really sorry about about your ectopic GI_Jane. I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel more ready to try again.

September isn't far away at all, and if OH is really ready to try before then, we may ntnp for a few months first.

So it looks like we will be pushing TTC back a year.. OH proposed!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations! Beautiful ring!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members