undiagnosed secondary infertility

lintu

TTC a playmate for DD
Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

I'm currently on CD35 in a randomly long cycle and starting to get irritated and emotional about this lack of :bfp:.

we've been ttc #2 since June 2013 and im 35 this year, Iv had every test under the sun and they can not find any reason why im not getting my :bfp: the only reason they think is my womb lining is crap!! iv taken estrogen, drank pom juice & raspberry leaf tea and had a womb scuff nothing seems to have improved things and im still not pregnant!!

now my body has thrown a curve ball with a random long cycle currently of CD35 and no signs of :witch: of :bfp: I cant get IVF on the NHS cos I have DD so my next option is clomid but i appear to be ovulating on my own :shrug: and that can reduce womb lining so i really don't know what to do

Hi!

I have the same problem as you :) I'm 24, but been TTC number 2 since April 2013. no hormone imbalances, all my tests come back fine...no reason can be found. and im told to keep trying.
my cycles are anywhere from 19-69 days...usually about 40.

can we get clomid on the NHS with a child already? my GP said they cant help at all as i already have DD, i assumed clomid fell under 'fertility treatment'?

also, have you looked into egg sharing? it's what I'm contemplating at the moment, but you have to be 35 or under. you'd get free or subsidised IVF for donating half of your eggs to someone else.

might be worth looking into :)

Yeah that's my next line, were going on holiday in June and have agreed if I'm not pregnant when were home then will look in to that!

Yeah my fertility nurse said I can have everything but ivf had the scuffing and loads of bloods/appointments under NHS just waiting for this cycle to run its course

might have to go back to my GP then! get her to refer me to someone else. i had no idea i would be allowed to get it!!! quite mad now lol that i've gotten to 2 years thinking i cant get any more help. especially as my cycles are so irregular.

thanks for the info!

:hugs: to you both ladies. I have pcos and took just over 2 years to conceive baby #2.

Destiny - I was also given tests & clomid whilst ttc my second. It is a postcode lottery sadly. Google the NICE guidelines for fertility treatment - these give you the recommendations for all NHS trusts. Then google your local NHS & see if you can find a link to their local policy - if you can get the info and it shows your trust will help with second children your gp should refer you quickly. And if that fails, try talking about wacky periods, heavy, light... Whatever! Get a gynaecology referral - they might be more helpful than your Gp.

Lintu - I talked to my Gynae about clomid side effects and he prescribed me femera on the NHS. Totally off label and not endorsed for fertility in the uk - but it might be worth asking about? If you get the right consultant they might agree to let you try. And it doesn't decrease lining like clomid does.

:dust: to you both. Hope you get your bfp's soon :hugs:

Ooohh Thanx hun will deffo ask about that :hugs: just need :witch: this cycle now god knows what's going on :cry:

thanks again!
will definitely speak to my GP about it when i see her next week.

I'm also fairly sure i have PCOS. all the symptoms are there really except being overweight and acne.
so i'll speak to her about that too.

so my AMH results came back today, 42.3?? apparently thats good, I have no idea can anyone shead any light?

hello ladies I'm new here and I don't really understand the lingo yet heeheee.. But I also have unexplained secondary infertility. My husband and I are 31 years old and both have one child that are 11 years old from previous marriage. we have been trying for 5 years. have had every test done and nothing...... so we are finally tryout clomid

Good luck Hun xxx I'm starting clomid next cycle

I'm new with the lingo too lol. We have been trying to conceive baby #2 for 8 months. Baby #1 was conceived only after 1 month of trying. I know 8 months isn't a long time, as some of you have been trying for years. My doctor wants to try me on clomid, so i will be starting that next cycle, although I am slightly reluctant to take it. We aren't for sure that I am not ovulating. All of my lab work came back normal also. Good luck ladies

Where I am we can get up to iui on the NHS although they think it will be the next thing to go in the next round of cuts. Get a referral and then you can discuss options what is / isn't available and you might be able to go private with in the NHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->