Uniform for preschool

DCS

Reaction score
DS starts his 15 free hours in september. The uniform is optional but they do recomend 8t, to get them used to it. He will be going either mornings or afternoons so 5 days a week.
How many of each do you think i would need. Its a polo shirt, red sweater and trousers.
Also what kind of shoes? I was thinking some canvas ones i can chuck in the washer.

I know it seems very early to be thinking about all this but im due with number 2 in 3 weeks and im sure the first few weeks will be chaos. And thats when the school will be visiting us at home and im sure ill forget. Plus i like to be organised and have a list ready.

I would get three polos, two jumpers and two to three pairs of trousers. Shoes I would get some plain black trainers x

If agree, 3 ish of each.. Could make do with two but it'd be better to have more in case you're swamped and unable to do a wash.

I'm a big fan of Clark's shoes for school type shoes, they're very lasting x

ide go with 3 of each & some canvas type shoes to sling in the wash.. x

My daughter started just after Easter, she has a spare set always in her bag, and 3 each of the others, .. cone September, Im getting 5 of each and doing a wash Friday night lol of uniform, needs a clean outfit each day, what with paint/mud/sand/playdoh etc on clothes

Honestly buy 5 of each. I can never salvage anything of an evening and at least I'm not stressed by Wednesday as there's no clothes. I also leave Ollie in them all day to avoid washing a second set so its worth the money to buy 5 as he only wears out of school clothes 2 days a week (usually).

At the start of September I was all for my son wearing the optional uniform ( t shirt and jumper) and got 2 jumpers and 3 t shirts. Though recently, we haven't been so bothered about him wearing it and he's growing out of it. A lot of the kids don't wear it, it looks lovely but for us we only needed it for the year. If you want him to wear it all the time, then I'd get more sets. X

We have 5 polo, 1 sports shorts (used twice a week), & 3 normal shorts (too hot here for long trousers) + 2 jumpers for winter & 2 hats. 1 white trainers (Lacoste) & 2 black shoes (1 normal + 1 trainers) both from M&S , in class they use crocs only.

He wears a clean set every morning.

They keep spare at school, but it's a normal outfit not a uniform.

Sophie only does 2 mornings and she has needed 2 sweatshirts, 2 polos and 3 pairs of trousers (2 for wearing/washing and one for her bag). Most times I have managed to get them washed and ready again but not always so it's been handy to have spares just in case. Asda and Tesco do packs of 2 polos so I'd get two of them.

I have found that I have to wash everything every time :haha: She always comes home with paint/some kind of snack spilt on her, even on the collar of her polo shirt.

Think im going to have to go for 6. One for each day and a spare set in his bag. Im awfull with laundry at the best of times, cant imagine how bad i will be when baby is here.

:flower: my lo has had the nursery uniform since he started at 9 months ( they extended the pre school one formal of nursery if u want it) he is nearly 2 so needs new sizing now. I'd maybe considered you want the jumpers? I got him two, ne never wears thm he gets warm and often busy so just has a t shirt per day and trousers (joggers for him ATM navy blue!) plus a spare.

Bit sad but I like him having his little uniform makes nurser days much easier and don't worry about it getting ruine x

Very good point, he doesnt seem to feel the cold at all so i might just get 1.

Anyone have any suggestions on shoes? Im stuck between canvas or trainers. Canvas i can get a few spares, incase i need to chuck them in the washer. But maybe trainers would provide more support when running around. But he seems to prefer canvas ones.

Paige has 2 polos and 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of gym shoes and she just wears black/grey/navy leggings (which she has loads of!) we seen to manage just fine as I'm crap at washing. I just make sure I put her uniform in the wash each evening.

Forgot to say, she goes 5 mornings :)

for shoes my LO has doodles from clarks. so theyvare correctly sized as shes wearing them 8hrs a day & they can be slung in the wash & dry quickly xx

We had doodles for summer last year but the white bits on the front got marked and didn't come off when washed. Does anyone have any tips? (Sorry to but in OP)

Earl has only been in independent pre-schools so the 'uniform' has always been minimal and optional. I have only ever bought the minimum - 2 jumpers or logo'd polos. He only attends 2 days a week so that's plenty. I have a couple of pairs of school trousers/shorts which have been handed down to me by a friend which I tend to use instead of sending him in good jeans etc, but otherwise I've always just used cheap tracksuit bottoms or dark jeans. Shoes we always buy clarks doodles as they're washable.

A friend of mine sends her little girl to the local infant school's nursery and she bought 5 of everything as it saved a lot of aggravation. As I have 2 others anyway I'm constantly washing anyway so will probably just buy 3 of everything. I have ordered 2 logo'd jumpers and 1 logo'd polo from the school.... the rest will be high street plain ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->