Update on blood tests

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Saw my GP today, the progesterone tests have definatley gone missing, he doesnt have them either. Grrrr.

He did give me a copy of all blood tests ive had to date that were done through them.
From the results he had hes still saying suggestable PCOS, but my doctor at the hospital said i dont have it.

I know it is hard to diagnose PCOS by blood test, only if your severe i think it really shows up, so i think im borderline. I have/had all the signs of it, i think with all the weight loss its eased up a bit.

Back at hospital tomorrow for progesterone test to be done again, then the hospital doctor will call me when results are in and discuss the results and the next step.

AG, what is PCOS???. Is it treatable??, If you do have it what would the next step be?.

Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't heard of PCOS.

:hugs: Bek

Theres some info about it here
https://www.diagnosemefirst.com/PCOS.htm

It is treatable but there isnt a direct treatment, you have to treat the symptoms you have. IE for acne you would have an acne medication, does that make sense?

The usual medication for those with PCOS who have weight problems is metformin, an insulin medication. It helps you loose weight and by loosing weigh can help ease up the symptoms of pcos.

If you are TTC with pcos then you can also get clomid to make you ovulate.

Sometimes you can have a combination of both medications to work together.

mine was diagonised by a scan, have they not scaned you?

x

Thanks for that info Mate.

I hope they find out exactly what it is you do have. It must be so frustrating having your Gp say it is PCOS and the hospital saying they don't think it is.

Wish you all the best and hope you get your answer soon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ask about a scan at the hospital AG esspecially as they managed to fuck you around a month longer than you should have been .... ?

Good luck chick :hugs:

I have pcos too. My doctor told me that I proabably would not be able to have kids....AND 6 months after trying, I am pregnant with one that i am hoping sticks

You should ask for a scan. Thats how I was diagnosed with getting monthly cysts. They are no fun =( Dr put me on birth control to prevent them. Eventually I became pregnant on birth control (yaz) oddly enough!

Good luck Arcanegirl on getting your BFP! :hugs:

AG, have you got your results back yet? and what is going to happen, are you going to get a scan?.

Thinking of you and I pray you get your BFP soon Hun :hugs:

Well I hope the test points you in the right direction. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you become pregnant very soon!:hugs:

I don't tend to reply much in here but I just wanted to let you know I've been following things and fingers crossed you'll get some answers soon and be able to move things to the next step.
Good Luck AG :hugs:

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"