Update on Feeding And Why It's Sore..

Kina how the hell do you cope feeding Alex with Ella running about? Everytime Im feeding Lucy, Rebecca is climbing on the couch etc...Ahh its a nightmare!
It's hard, but has got a lot easier now she realises that I'm feeding. She likes having her Barney DVDs or CBeebies on and if I need a bit of peace whilst I'm feeding I pop that on. It was difficult in the early days but when you're feeling better you'll realise how much easier it is as you still have an arm free, so if I'm feeding him at a toddler group and she's doing something I can keep him attached with one arm and grab her with the other, the same at home. Whereas with bottle feeding you're holding them with one arm and the bottle with the other. If she sits the side opposite where Alex is feeding then I can use that hand to flick through a book with her etc. Rebecca is probably just acting up at the moment because she's jealous that you're holding Lucy and she's after your attention. Ella will do things sometimes even if she knows she'll get negative attention, like spitting on the floor if she's in her highchair and I'm feeding Alex. You kind of get used to feeling stressed out and pissed off, especially when you're sat there trying to feed and they're surfing on the sofa cushions, or sliding off them.

I'm sorry to hear how awful things have been with the breastfeeding and that you had to go into hospital. I had infected mastitis 3 times with Ella and it was so painful and I felt so poorly and that doesn't even come close to what you've had so I can't imagine how ill you've been feeling. It must be horrible feeling like that with two little uns to look after :( Do you have much support at home?

Hi Ladies,

Things went well today at the breast clinic, the abcesses haven't got any bigger and 2 infact have shrunk. The antibiotics are killing of the infection which I am pleased about as it means no syringe to drain them. Phew!

It's been a hellish week but I would like to thank you all for the support you have given, it means so much.:hugs:

Kina hun as for support at home-well Dale is walking about like he has just gone threw labour, always tired too! He does his best but he is getting frustrated with Rebecca's outbursts too, which makes me annoyed at him as its ok for me to be pissed off with her, but no one else!lol!

We bought madam the box set of Barney funny enough (Bid Up TV!), but right now she has the attention span of a goldfish!

Time will tell! Thanks for the advice I am grateful!:hugs:

If she does like Barney then I have about a dozen DVDs that just for you I'll copy off some and send - let me know as they've been a life saver some days!! The way she's acting is totally normal but doesn't stop it being any less irritating, especially when you're tired and in pain. How is Lucy sleeping at night? Are you getting much chance to rest in the day? Is Dale off for much longer?

Good news about the abcesses though, phew! I bet you were worried your boobies were going to explode!!

Big hugs hun glad things seem to be getting a bit better lol

here if you need me hun :hugs:

Blimey - you are doing sooo well!
Doctors should have give you antibiotics as soon as they knew it was mastitis.
I only had it mild and the shoved me on them straight away!

Kina that would be great. I have 10 that if u dont have I will copy for Ella and send to you:

1. Songs from the park
  2. Moving and Grooving
  3. Lets Pretend
  4. The Land of make believe
  5. Read with me Dance with me
  6. Lets go to the farm
  7. Marvellous Manners
  8. Barneys Colourful world live
  9. Sing that Song
  10. Beach party
Lucy goes down at 11.30pm and is up for first feed at 4 so I do consider myself lucky, although after 4 she is up every hour atleast for a top up.

Thanks for all your support hun.

xxxxx

Have sorted out 5 that I've got that aren't on your list, have told Matt I want to get them copied off so he's going to sort it out. There's a Christmas one, so that will drive you potty ;)

I've been away for a few days so missed your posts when you were really bad so I'm glad to read things are improving.

I can't believe you've had so much to overcome, you're doing such a great job.

Hugs
x

Well on the road to recovery now breast wise-not sore etc now, BUT>>

MW was out and noticed Lucy had a white coating on her tongue, and guess frickin what? She has thrush in her mouth caused by my anti b's, so she has to get drops 4 times a day in her mouth (she goes ballisitic, anised flavour)and I have to apply a cream called Daktarin as my nipples could get it!

You learn something new everyday as I never knew nipples could get thrush!:blush:

If anyone ever says BF'ing is an easier option I will bash them!:muaha:

All in all tho, getting back to normal- whatever that is!xxxx:rofl:

chloe and callum both got thrush wen lil, they got tht daktarin stuff 4 thir mouth, was like bonjella lol! hope lucy is well soon, glad your on road to recovery xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->