*Update on pg 2*Acupuncture, herbs, and clomid?? My first acupuncture appointment.

Thank you so much for the support ladies!!! I took a test this morning and of course bfn. But I'm only on cd24 so probably still to early. I'm just so happy I actually ovulated this time!! :) good luck to you ladies!!

May I ask a silly question, is there anything I should do to prepare for acupuncture tomorrow?

Silly question but do you undress? Where are the needles likely to go, do I need my 'going to the doctor' knickers on for example?

I'm already mortified as I'll be going straight from work and have smelly feet after work, so will be taking wet wipes and foot spray with me.

I wear trousers and a top as my acu needs to get to my leg and foot, plus my tummy, but I only open my trousers, so she doesn't see my knickers.
I didn't really do anything to prepare, other than know about my cycle history etc. If you have any test results you can take do that, and your temps if you've been temping...

WIll try to work out how to print my temps - my chart is so long now I have to scroll across the screen. :-(

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35686b

genuinely really looking forward to it now...

Crikey :o.
I write mine down, may be better to see if you can print.
xxx

Ladies, I'm new here. I tried adding some of you to my "contacts", but how on earth do I "message" some of you?

Here's a copy or a response of what I posted on another one of mommyagain's post. No kids YET. Hoping to get some feedback! :)

Hi Ladies,

Glad to know there are forums like this. I finally found someone else who is or has experienced "strange pains" in the ovary area after acupuncture.

After years of irregular menstrual cycles (amenorrhea), a pituitary tumor diagnosis, provera, birth control, and consumption of many other drugs to induce my period, I decided to try acupuncture & Chinese medicine. One of my relatives highly recommended it. After weeks of debating it, I thought, “it’s worth a shot”…

Keep in mind; this is all new to me, but strangely FASCINATING! I’m angry with myself for not discovering this sooner! Moreover, for that, I’ve decided to join the baby bump forum. I plan to start a blog soon, so I’ll post that as soon as I have it running. There aren’t a lot acupuncture success stories or blogs available for us struggling with these types of issues, so I’ll make sure to start one.

I've had three acupuncture sessions so far. The first session was extremely relaxing. So relaxing, I passed out during the session haha. I purchased the raw herbs at my doctor’s recommendation. He said the herbs were necessary. As far as how long I have to take the herbs? It depends. It depends on everyone. In my case, it can take up to 6 months. I've been taking the herbal teas for almost two weeks.

My second session was a bit more painful. I want to think it's because the "area" is responding or is "awakening" from being dormant. Keep in mind; I haven't had a period in over THREE years. Yes, 3. For the first time in more than three years, I felt SOMETHING. CRAMPS! Yes, menstrual cramps!!! I never in my life thought cramps would bring me so much joy.

The cramps continued through the first week of taking the herbal medicine. I also experienced lower back pain (lower right side). I’m guessing it’s my kidney or liver. The doctor said it was also a good sign. There are areas in my body that have been “dormant” or “clogged” for years. Energy and blood flow have not been able to pass through these areas. The acupuncture is stimulating the blood flow causing me to feel these somewhat “painful” symptoms.

I haven’t been getting the cramps as bad. The back pain comes and goes. I’m about to start my third week of herbal tea, and my fourth session with the acupuncturist. I’m crossing my fingers and being as patient as possible in hopes of ovulating and regaining my period naturally. Obviously, my ultimate goal is to conceive.

Ladies, I hope this information is helpful. I’m on the same boat as many of you. Let’s be positive and hope for the best. Please respond and email me any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->