UPDATE! Pg. 25 post #244! My Gender Swaying -PINK- Journal [TWINs too!]

Im hoping they will let me record it on my iPhone, but ive heard some places dont allow. I will def try though :thumbup: Ill ask for a nub shot too...what should i ask, exactly? If i say nub shot they would probably look at me like im a nut job :haha:

A genetic counselor is someone that has an educational background in genetics. They go over the risk that your child will have this problem or that problem. And any other potential issues. They are familiar with many many types of genetic abnormalities and so on and so forth. If your child has a genetic health issue, you would also see them afterwards so that you can get more information.

I will be seeing the councelor BEFORE my scan and bloodwork, so i am guessing she will basically evaluate the risks to my child based on my family medical history and DHs family medical history (as well as our health history and our other kids). Im guessing from that she can formulate some number to say your child has X chance to have this genetic abnormality, etc. I think what they do is have some formula based on the info you provide, then they get a few numbers from the u/s and a few numbers from the bloodwork and at the end they put it all together to measure the true risk and likelyhood.

Symptoms: Hypermesis is still active and evil. I threw up 6x within a few hours this morning and it has been brutal. Ive lost 3lbs in one week. Im having trouble eating and drinking and can't even keep water down. Its truly horrible.

Acid reflux is making the HG a million times worse. I tried apple cider vinegar for that. It worked a little but it burned like hell going down. I dont know if i can stomach that again. its pretty awful tasting :lol:

I also have this weird feeling like my food is stuck in my chest. This would be different than the reflux i am describing. I chew my food as i should but its almost like its just sitting in my chest and taking a verrryyy long time to get to my stomach. Highly uncomfortable.

I can honestly say that this is by far my worst pregnancy. Trust me when i say that i never ever want to be pregnant again.

Some of them get quite grumpy when you ask! Its a good idea to warch a few youtube vids of scans so that when your in there you know what to keep your eye out for! Just ask at the end for a picture with babies nub on it, just say you have a friend who likes to guess, if you ask at the begining and shes a grump then she may try and avoid flashing it! Basically a looong flat bright white line is a girl and a shorter stumpy line maybd angled or with a bobble on top shows a boy!

Sorry the HG is still been a pain :(

OOohhh I really hope they let you video it!!! I've never thought to ask that :)

So is seeing a genetic counselor mandatory where you are? xx

Sorry the HG is still been a pain :(

OOohhh I really hope they let you video it!!! I've never thought to ask that :)

So is seeing a genetic counselor mandatory where you are? xx

Well, nothing is "mandatory" in the US, when it comes to medical care (since each person has to figure out how to pay for it!). However, my insurance covers it, so i might as well get the best care I can. If i didn't have insurance i would probably skip that part...i wouldn't even get the NT scan/bloodwork if it wasn't covered-it's $$$$$) though im not certain you can get results without a qualified person to interpret them and i would assume a genetic counselor would be that qualified professional though im not certain :shrug:
(kind of a similar idea to how an ultrasound tech isn't legally allowed to tell you diagnoses, only the doctor can). But im just speculating that. At any rate, that could just be protocol for where i am going. But i think most ppl in the US that get the NT done speak with a genetic counselor.

Today i am going for my NT scan :dance: Hoping to get a good nub shot for you all. I will be watching the screen closely though! (just in case i dont get a good shot). It's not until 2pm. It's only 9:15am here. They told me it will take about an hour and a half to do everything, so there will probably be a bit of delay in posting. It's also at least a 1 hour drive back home, but i'll try to update w my iPhone if at all possible, before driving back. Im so excited!

Good luck with your scan!!

We saw a genetic counsellor with my second son because we had a nephew born just before with Spinal muscular atrophy, which is carried through a faulty gene. She basically explained how the genes worked and gave us odds on us being carriers etc. We then had blood tests taken and sent off. Few weeks wait for the results. X

So I'm waiting for my u/s now. I just met w the genetic counselor. Basically we went over my family tree and te health issues there. Then we went over DHs family tree and those health issues. Then she explained to me what each test looks for. Once she gets my u/s and my bloodwork. She can give me a risk for each defect. I'll know in 5 days

So here you ladies are :)
Details are in the link. What do yall think?

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...75-give-me-your-nub-skull-guesses-12-4-a.html

Guppy did you guess ehich one was my guess on GD?? I was trying to have little giggle with you, I'm suprised no one has told me off lol!!

:rofl: i thought that was you but i wasn't sure if i should say anything, just in case it wasn't :haha:

You're a Mod on GD?! ...if you say girl, that makes me feel really good LOL

Nice LOL

thats alot of fun that you are on there too!

did you sway with the majority of your children?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->