(UPDATED! Pg 4) I don't see any possible way the cat won't get out of the bag...

J

jerseyshoregirl

I am getting married this weekend. Rehearsal dinner is on Friday night and the wedding ceremony and reception are on Saturday.

While I know we would prefer to wait to have anyone find out about my being pregnant (except our parents, they already know!), I don't possibly see any way my family and close friends *aren't* going to figure it out when I am not drinking at all at my own celebration! We are only doing beer and wine at our reception, so I can't even do a "virgin drink" cover-up.

I guess the good thing is that we have already had two ultrasounds, seen and heard the baby's heartbeat, I still have massive symptoms (knock on wood!) and I'll be 9 weeks on Sunday.

Anyone have *any* ideas of how to make up a good excuse in *this* situation??? I am not a good at not telling the truth when asked a specific question (especially one so straightforward like - are you pregnant!) and would rather not spending our special days telling white lies and coming up with elaborate explanations.

Thanks!
Jeannie

Firstly, congratulations and good luck for your big day, hasn't it come round quickly!

Is there any way you can smuggle a grape juice or non-alcoholic wine in so it looks like you're joining in? Or you can pour yourself a glass and just sip from it slowly and if anyone asks, just say you're pacing yourself and don't want to spoil the day?

if it was me i would say u want to be sober on ur wedding day so u can remember everything

oh and congratulations on baby and wedding :hug:

Congrats Jeannie on your wedding. I'd just take a glass of wine and sip (or pretend to sip) from it and use the excuse that you want to remember everything and don't want to be drunk. I barely drank anything on our wedding day - partly because I didn't want to be drunk and partly because I was too busy running around talking to everyone that I was leaving partly drunk drinks everywhere. (And I wasn't preggers!).

The excuses for the wedding sound viable enough...but for the rehearsal dinner??? It's just our family members and they will be expecting me to drink.

Oh, and did I mention the reception is at a winery!?

The excuses for the wedding sound viable enough...but for the rehearsal dinner??? It's just our family members and they will be expecting me to drink.

Oh, and did I mention the reception is at a winery!?

Aarrgghh!! *scratches head* Erm, say you don't want to be hungover for the wedding day and want to be feeling 100%

OMG thats soon come around hun, wow this weekend......i hope you have a fantastic time hun.
Like you say you've had scans etc already so why not just shout it from the rooftops, or say your on antibiotics ;) xxxxxx

congratulations on the baby and on the wedding! :D i agree with the other girls, its your wedding day, so its completely plausable that you'd not want to drink and that you'd want to remeber the big day!! good luck! xx

Two good excuses;

Get a glass of wine, and then say that you don't really like it and would prefer a soft drink.

Say you're on antibiotics.

lol , congrats on the wedding and the baby , I think Spoos idea would work . :hug:

jeannie, how about buying afew bottles of alcohol free wine and when someone passes you a drink just tip away and add your secret stash!
and the rehersal dinner if its just family maybe just tell them! you will be telling them in 3 wks after wedding anyway, i know it wont be the 12wk make tho. x

I agree with the alcohol free wine, no one will check the labels

Congrats on your wedding!!!!!!!!
You could always buy non alcoholic beer or wine....I have tried both and actually not to bad.....make arrangements with the bar server at both venues to only serve the bride the "special" drinks....
if someone gets you a drink.....just accept it and then exchange it for your own secret stash..........
Nobody will be watching you that closely...haha to notice if you have a real drink or not.......JUST do not drink the real stuff!!!!!
or you can act really drunk and nobody will give you any more alcohol!!!!!
hahaha
Thats a good way to hide any MS as well.......
or
if you feel comfotable telling...that would be exciting for your family as well.

best of luck and will be looking forward to seeing pics of the wedding!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! You could just pretend you are T Total - healthy living and all that? I know quite a few people doing that.

Congrats on your wedding day :) ...

On the day soo many people will be giddy for you i think you can manage to get away with just sipping sparkling lemonade etc .
My cousin was 8 weeks on her wedding day , She told us all 4 weeks later she was pregnant i went onher hen night and wedding day and didnt notice her not drinking lol .
The rehersel sounds a little awkward , Maybe try sneek a alcohol free bottle in before they notice , Or tell them you have had some heartburn or Indegestion and dont fancy an acidy glass of wine or beer :) .
Good luck .xxxxxxxxx.

I think the not wanting to wake up with a hangover reason would be good to excuse yourself from drinking at the rehearsal dinner :) The alcohol free beer and wine ideas are great too! Congrats on your wedding hun! Hope it's beautiful day for you! :)

If you do really want a failsafe excuse, tell people you're on tablets of some kind - works a treat. But really you shouldn't have to, but people are such dreadful gossips.

Thank you for all of the wedding well wishes everyone...and for some great ideas! Well, I talked it over with OH and I am simply just going to drink sparking apple cider - and if they notice, well then so be it. I am not going to announce that we are pregnant, but if they ask - we're not going to lie either. I'm really bad at not telling the truth. And if they gossip, so be it!

First of all, congratulations!!

In both situations I would let a waitress in on your secret and get them to make up fake drinks for you...

Have a wonderful time - we want to see pics!

Hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->