**UPDATED WITH PICS Page 7** - CLOMID question

L

LoveChild

I read through the Clomid club but after many many pages I couldn't find an specific answer so I am hoping you guys can help me.

This is my first cycle of Clomid, I ovulated a few months before, but some I didn't. I took the pills from CD5-9, today I am CD10, I got POSITIVE Ovulation tests and while I heard that CLOMID can give false positive, I checked my CM and I just got a blob (sorry tmi) of creamy CM mixed with a chunk of EWCM, both very dense, not liquidy.

When I did ovulate before it happened around CD 15 - 17.

What's going on? Should I be ovulating this early?

Should I just BD every day or every other form now on?

HELP!!!!

Thanks!

Here are the pics from CD9 (AM) and today's CD10 (AM and PM)

https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/givolkart/IMG_8031.jpg

This is from today PM
https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/givolkart/IMG_8030.jpg

Hi Lovechild....

I was just looking through your post and didn't want to read and run.

To me, those tests do not look absolutely positive. The second picture looks to have a test line that looks as though only half a little bit of the line is positive. I have read when I used those sticks that at minimum half of the line must be darker than the other line.

I found those sticks were very cheap, but not as effective as the First Response ovulation kit. It was much easier to read and that's where I finally got a "positive" ovulation test. with the sticks I kept second-guessing my tests, and then after using First Response, I found I had been misreading altogether.

Anyway....I hope this helps, just having another eye to look at your sticks. but I wouldn't worry, I don't think you've O'd yet...just "over-reading" the results.

Good Luck...and keep us posted!
Wendy

Love Child - this happened to me, I got what could be a +opk on CD10, and actually had an IUI on CD11. BUT then I got a real + on CD14, and confirmed with a digital opk. I think on clomid its super important to double chec with digis. I talked with my dr about this and you apparently can't ov until 5-10 days after your last pill (although there is no definite on anything really).

Clomid will give you a false positive on opks if your test too soon. You shouldn't test til 3 days after your last clomid pill. And your cm sounds like your gearing up to O. You want to have clear stretchy lubricant cm to be considered fertile. I would really watch your cm and it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start bd. Do you take your temps?

Hi, i always get false positives when i take CLOMID so i didn't bother with them in the end as they can't tell you for defanate if you ovulated anyway! the best ways to know if you defanatly ovulate is to chart you BBT and check your cervical mucas.

OPK's are expensive and in my experience useless so if your not already start charting then you will defanatly know xxxxx

Thanks girls.

No, I don't chart. Plus I have been sick and feverish this past wk with a cold. blah!

We've done the duty the past 3 days, so tomorrow we'll take a break and continue next day, every other day, perhaps 3 days in a row around CD 13-14-15???

I am only CD11 but last month that I ovulated I did around CD15, that is my main concern, cover bases in case I ovulate early or late.

Now the bottom on is from just now, what do you guys think?
Could it be that it is picking up from now, and starting to give real test answers? tomorrow is CD12 :shrug:

https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/givolkart/IMG_8045.jpg

You think? Even though is 2 days after clomid?

Arghhh soooo confusing. We'll keep dtd to be super safe!

clomid is very unpredictable hun, I read about women ovulating straight after there last pill, so i wouldn't miss the chance, we always bed from the last pill every other day till af arrives, hard work i know but it will be worth it in the end. but that test looks like a positive to me but then again you are naughty for testing this early as clomid can effect opk's xxxxx

You're right. I was naughty and impatient. But this last one does look more convincing. Oh well, we'll keep DTD. tks

The OPK looks positive to me, but I really wouldn't trust the result to be accuarte at this point. Clomid is designed to fool your body into thinking it's hormone levels are low, so it produces more FSH & LH, and therefore if you test too soon after finishing your prescription, you are likely to get a false positive result.

https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/509.html

I personally wouldn't miss the slight chance it's real, but I wouldn't trust it and I would very much keep on testing and trying.

Since I don't temp, is it safe to go by CP and CM? am normally pretty accurate on that area :p

CM is good but your cp can move around all the time. I really do suggest starting your temps. That is the only way to know for sure that you have O other than blood test. Are they doing a cd21 bw?

I have never temped and this month wasn't a good one to start because of the horrible cold I had.
I won't be doing any blood work, my Dr. says since this is my first cycle I 'should' let it roll naturally and if nothing happens next month we'll keep a closer eye....not sure, I feel I am kinda not given enough answers from her

Thats how my dr was. I finally changed drs. Clomid really does need to be monitored as all our bodies are different on it. For me if didn't work at all for others can cause hyperovulation and too much stimulation. I didn't like the fact the dr acted like it was no big deal and it took my own research to discover that I needed to be monitored on it and that too many cycles on it can have adverse affects. Good luck huni. I really dont count opks as much help on clomid mine were always dark like I was gonna O even before I got AF. Alot of ladies have great success on it though and I hope your one of them I just wish you dr was of more help to you.

I think, in the end, the best is to BD every other day, with a few straight days here and there and see what happens......
easy to say lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"