Upper Stomach Pain

SonnyH

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced really quite painful/uncomfortable upper stomach pain? Kinda just below your boobs and central? Ive started getting these awful gnawing type pains that feel kinda like extreme hunger and are extremely uncomfortable! :(

I thought it might be excess acid as I have long history of GERD and I had a similar gnawing pain last time I had gastritis but I'm taking omperazole and Ranitidine daily so I'm baffled as to how it could be excess acid as surely taking both these drugs must be stopping a vast amount of acid in my stomach? :-/ and usually the PPI drugs work a treat for me (although I do take lanzoprazole instead of omeprazole when not pregnant)!

Oh and because of my stomach history and flare up of GERD in early pregnancy, I eat a fairly bland diet. I avoid spice, acidic foods, fizzy drinks, caffeine etc! :-/

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do to help - would probiotics help do you think? Could taking two acid suppresors make my stomach more irritated maybe, not enough acid to break down the food? I'm confused!

Could be gallbladder? I'm currently in urgent care getting mine checked out after a day of horrible pain

I had pain in that exact spot I was in so much pain, especially after I ate. I decided to go to the emergency room. It turned out to be gastritis which is basically very painful gas build up. I've been on two medications for the last two weeks to resolve it.

I went to the doctor over the weekend, also gastritis :( ugh! But my doc thought that it was actually being made worse by double acid blockers and has reduced me to just one. He thinks my stomach has become incredibly inflamed due to a lack of acid and food therefore not digesting properly! Marvellous. Hopefully it'll pass soon for both of us, it's a horrible little illness. Nothing to worry about but incredibly uncomfortable and painful at a time you already feel very uncomfortable for one reason or another!

Hope the gallbladder is OK Lanet?!

I went to the doctor over the weekend, also gastritis :( ugh! But my doc thought that it was actually being made worse by double acid blockers and has reduced me to just one. He thinks my stomach has become incredibly inflamed due to a lack of acid and food therefore not digesting properly! Marvellous. Hopefully it'll pass soon for both of us, it's a horrible little illness. Nothing to worry about but incredibly uncomfortable and painful at a time you already feel very uncomfortable for one reason or another!

Hope the gallbladder is OK Lanet?!

Oh no, sorry to hear it was gastritis as well but at least not something more serious. It can be pretty painful though! I was really excited to start eating regularly since my nausea is all but gone but I guess there's a bitmmore suffering to be had lol.

I wonder if that's what mine could be? It's happened 4-5 times in the past year. Severe stomach pain for 6+ hours with chills and nausea:(

:( I too am experiencing upper stomach pain but it's my gallbladder :( I had an attack Friday night lasting 4 hours :( so scared it's going to happen again.

Lanet how was your care? Did the doctor suggest anything?

I wonder if that's what mine could be? It's happened 4-5 times in the past year. Severe stomach pain for 6+ hours with chills and nausea:(

That was my experience as well. My pain last for 7 hours and then I finally decided to go to the emergency room. While there, they did give me a blood test to make sure it wasn't my gallbladder or pancreas.

Sharn they did a full exam ultrasound and bloodwork for gallbladder but didn't see anything. They said there are other tests that can check though. They said it's probably early stages but honestly it doesn't present like gallbladder bc it's all over from the ribs down.

But would gastritis come and go or is it a 1 time thing and then gone?

I've had gastritis a few times over my life. This time was just odd as I was already on the PPI drugs which in theory make it better and prevent inflammation..?! It's caused by stomach inflammation for one reason or another so you can get it repeatedly over your life or even over the year! If it's not bacterial, it can and will clear up on its own. The drugs just help the recovery process.

From my experience the pain does come and go over the course of the day but it certainly takes a week or so to clear up, often longer! I had a particularly horrible case that dragged on nearly two months a couple years ago! I'm slightly worried that adding pregnancy to the mix won't help this one shift any time soon :( my stomach feels like it's been punched! Sigh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->