Urine sample!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Misskitty10, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Misskitty10

Misskitty10 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or do u ladies find this really difficult now due to bump lol it's so hard to aim in those silly little tubes when u can't see haha!!

2. xxsteffyxx

xxsteffyxx Single Momma

i always take a paper cup with me and then put it into the tube... I've always struggled with this, being pregnant or not!!! lol...

Why can't they make them bigger dammit?

3. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

I could have written this!!
    Yes, I struggle too. Then I can never seem to go for a pee when I am about to leave for the appointment, and what I do do never ends up in that silly tube!
    xx

4. Minnyb

Minnyb Well-Known Member

How bizarre! I posted this as my facebook status about an hour ago!! It's so frustrating! I can never do it whether I have a bump or not and normally end up peeing all over the outside of the tube and getting nothing inside!!!:wacko:

5. Diana5241

Diana5241 Well-Known Member

I also "go" in a bigger (clean) container and then poor into the specimen cup. I've always struggled with this and have a long way to go with a bigger bump! Men have it so EASY when it comes to urine samples!

6. booboo42

booboo42 mummy to twin girls

i just start weeing and have to wiggle the tube about til i catch something. it is not easy working blind! i have to do one every two days so i guess i am used to it though. being monitored for pre-eclampsia.

7. GilmoreGirl

GilmoreGirl Loving my 3 sweet girls!

Luckily my nurse always puts a container in the toilet and tests from that, so I don't have to use the specimen cup... but one day I had a different nurse that made me use the cup and I felt like such a loser! I couldn't see anything... and of course it was the one time I only had to pee a little bit.... I only got a few drops in the cup and my self esteem suffered BIG TIME! :blush:

8. Misskitty10

Misskitty10 Well-Known Member

I'm confused so u go to the toilet and don't flush & then she goes in after u and puts her hand it the toilet to get the container?!?

9. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

You get these disposable things that insert into the loo, and you then take it to the midwife-I think thats whats been talked about here, as i used to do it like this in my first pregnancy
    xx

10. xxsteffyxx

xxsteffyxx Single Momma

At my hospital all the loos are the same. Inside the loo there is like a little shelf where the cardboard container goes and then it catches the urine so you don't have to use a cup... why they created these loos and THEN give pregnant women the 'tube' I will never know xx

11. maryziz

maryziz Member

Gosh, I had this problem too at my MW appt on Wed!!! I totally missed and managed about 3mm of pee!! She said that was enough to check, but next time might have to use the cup method :)

12. lynzxx

lynzxx Well-Known Member

I've never tried to do it directly into the tube, I always do it into a larger container then pour it into the tube. OMG I'd be in a right mess with just a tube lol

I've been given a cardboard kind of container with a lip on it to hold while you wee into it at the hospital hut I've always held that 'in the flow' & hoped for the best lol. Oh the joys, eh!! X