US ladies - pregnant 7 months after c/s questions

Kalabear

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Just found out last week we are expecting again! I had a c/s on the first of the year at 40+2 due to breech presentation (didn't know until 40 weeks). My questions are... Do you think a VBAC is an option?
Would I be able to go to 40 weeks for a scheduled c/s?
Have you ever heard of any complications with having 2 c/s within 15 months or less?

Thank you so much for your input! :flower:

Hi ladies!

Just found out last week we are expecting again! I had a c/s on the first of the year at 40+2 due to breech presentation (didn't know until 40 weeks). My questions are... Do you think a VBAC is an option?
Would I be able to go to 40 weeks for a scheduled c/s?
Have you ever heard of any complications with having 2 c/s within 15 months or less?

Thank you so much for your input! :flower:

Congrats! I definitely think a VBAC is an option. I originally had my C-section scheduled for 40+6 but changed it because I was miserable. I had my elective C-section at 40+2. It all depends on your OBGYN. Mine was fabulous! Good luck! Oh, I see that you're a fellow Hoosier as well...which city do you live in?

Great news!! I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go past 40 weeks or even try for a vbac as drs here are not very pro vbac (at least in my experience). I do love my dr but he said "we have to wait and see" about the vbac.

I'm from Granger, Indiana...a small town near South Bend :) where are you?

Did you gave to push to have a c/s scheduled after your due date or did they do that automatically?

Did you gave to push to have a c/s scheduled after your due date or did they do that automatically?

I'm in Indianapolis. No, my doctor left it up to me when I wanted it. I told her 6 weeks before my EDD which date I wanted. My original plan was to wait to see if the baby would come on her own and if not, then we planned on the 40+6 date for a C-section. But, like I said, I was miserable once I hit 39+5 and she just gladly changed it to 40+2 for me.

We had also talked about a VBAC and left that decision up to me if I wanted one or not. She even told me how long she'd let me labor before they intervened, etc.

Thank you so much for your responses!! I can't wait for my first ob appt!
Do you think having pregnancies so close together will hurt my chances of a vbac?

I just did some quick research and your chances of having a successful VBAC are slimmer because of the time between your births. The "recommended" time for a VBAC is at least 18 months between births. :(

It's so close, so it might possible. Hopefully your doctor will be supportive. Are you able to go to another doctor if this one isn't too keen on a VBAC?

I feel extremely loyal to this dr so I would do whatever he recommends. He is my family dr who also delivers so he said I would need to be cleared by a pro vbac ob. I hope it's an option but I will listen to my dr as I think he has my best interest at heart.

You are so kind for looking it up :hugs:
it's nice to know especially since we are in the same area of the country!! Im so excited for this baby!!! :happydance:
How was your recovery second time around with a toddler?

Glad you have that much confidence in your doctor, that's great! :)
You're welcome. It's rare that I meet someone from Indiana on here.:flower:
Recovery was amazing!! They even let me leave the hospital early because I was doing so well - up walking around a lot and feeling great. I was off my pain meds 3 days after being home and up and cleaning 2 weeks pp.

It wasn't too bad with my toddler either. I had already gotten her used to sitting next to me so I could put her on my lap from there since I knew I wouldn't be able to lift her when I came home. She was great and very understanding especially when the baby was cluster feeding. I tried to give my toddler activities that would keep her busy - finger painting, shaving cream fun, washing her toys, etc. Granted, it meant cleaning up a little bit more, but she loved it. I always made sure that she was kept busy with something while the baby was feeding. I even had her bring me books so she could sit next to me. I think you'll be fine.

Are you going to have some help the first week?

Yes we will have loads of help thankfully. I am pretty nervous how it's going to go with our DS. I think I will do the majority of looking after new baby because of bf and what not and my husband can look after our DS. Especially that first week. I am so excited for April to be here haha so long to go!

Thank goodness for lots of help. I felt like the 2nd pregnancy went by a lot quicker than the first because you're just so busy with your other child. Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions or whatnot. H & H 9 months to you. :flower:

I ended up becoming pregnant 6 months PP, and unfortunately my doctor isn't even thinking about letting me have a VBAC. The risk of complications is a lot higher because it is so soon after.

I'll also be scheduled for my c-section about a week earlier than my due date, because she doesn't want me to potentially go into labor on my own. And if I do go into labor before my scheduled section, they will just do it right then and there.

Good luck to you!

Thanks Spacey! That's what I'm wondering since I fell pregnant 7 months after. I know in the US we are stricter about vbac guidelines. I'm excited for my first on appt so we can discuss it. I'm open to whatever he recommends will be best.
I am hoping to go 40 weeks but won't fight it if they recommend 39 weeks.
Congratulations!!

Thank you lizzybee! I'm excited for what they say at my first appt!

I fell pregnant 4pp. I have decided on an elective c section since it would only be 13/14 months since i had my emcs. i will pick the date around 34-36 weeks. They want it scheduled between 39-40 weeks.

Hey lizzybee!! I'm great! Thank you for thinking of me!! You are so kind! :flower: How are you?

I have talked with my dr multiple times about vbac options and he is supportive!!! We both agree that avoiding surgery is a good thing! So once I get to around 36 weeks we will go into more discussions and I have to meet with my surgeon and get the okay! Most of the drs in this area won't allow vbac unless you've had a successful vaginal birth previously. Since I haven't I'm really lucky my dr is so supportive but since my DS was breech he thinks I can still do it! :happydance: so although I'm still in the "wait and see" category...I feel confident and hopeful my dr is being supportive!

Wow that's great news. Its really good that you have got the support. I'm sure that makes everything less stressful for you.

I'm ok thanks, LO is 7months and everything is working out fine. ;)
I'll check back in with you if you don't mind nearer the time.
Goog luck for your remaining weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->