• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

Oh god... they're chocolate and orange! :sick:

Yum yum Megg! Seriously! It's just right and I'm allergic to citrus and don't like dark chocolate!

They are a very naughty treat :blush:

I've tried raspberry ones in the past... not so good.

Allergic to raspberry! :( Hate orange with chocolate though. Blech!

Oh I promise if you ever get to try one they're gorgeous :D

I am so not happy it's just gone 4:30am and I have no food in the house. All this food talk has made me hungry!

Why are you up at 4:30am? That baby needs sleep, missy! :D

Apparently I don't need sleep :growlmad: though I feel full of flu and 'bleh'. I'll be leaving at 7am (if I don't drop off) to meet Sean from work so will have a nap when we get back.

i have heard most of our eggs are bleached thats y there white. just like white bread white rice and almost all the white products are. who knows what it really is ive never heard of that with the differnt chickens/hens lol

I don't think they bleach egg shells. Why would they? I wonder what the purpose would be...

i dont know thats just what i heard lol. but now that u mention it i actually looked it up and im getting the same info u did ...thats so weird about the color of the earlobe

i dont know thats just what i heard lol. but now that u mention it i actually looked it up and im getting the same info u did ...thats so weird about the color of the earlobe

I honestly didn't know chickens had earlobes... I was a bit :huh: and :shock: and :wacko: at it!!!

i just had crumpets for breakfast :)

i miss jaffa cakes

its soo werd bout eggs - england & cyprus must only keep brown chikens lol

Mmmmmm jaffa cakes!

You are right - whomever said it (sorry forgot) the raspberry ones just didnt cut it - and I love anything with raspberries in it.

I often prefer the store own ones though - the jaffa bit is often sharper which I like.

How odd about the eggs! The lion stamp also shows the hen has been vaccinated against salmonella - which is why Im naughty and if its lion stamped I have it as dippy egg and soldiers! mmmmmmmm

Mizze xx

It's true, most chickens reared for eggs in the UK are a hybrid breed known as the Rhode Island Red, they were developed to lay an egg every day and their eggs are brown. Watch the Happy Egg Company tv advert to see what they look like - i think the ad is on their website!

When we had our big chickens, we hatched two pure-breeds of a particular variety. One has green earlobes, one had blue. Guess how we know who laid which egg? :D

OMG!! why won't they keep blue and green chickens LOL :haha:

OMG! I want blue and green earlobed chickens! :happydance:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs215.snc3/22233_240739967202_711812202_3802196_692270_n.jpg

I know this isn't food related but another US/UK thing. How does the whole college/university thing work? In Ireland they are pretty much the same thing. You don't go to one and then the other you just choose one. It seems like in the UK people can go to college and then Uni after? And in the US you have to do two degrees for somethings? Like I'm studying to be a doctor and I studied medicine straight after graduating secondary school (highschool) but in America you do another degree and then med school?

Yes... College is usually "community college" which is a 2 year thing. University is a 4 year thing. We have to get several degrees before doing med school. I've not done it, so I'm not 100% sure on the whole process but it takes ages here!

In the UK college is generally a 6th form or tertiary (ie 3rd tier) college - so something you would do after GSCEs at 16 - then 2 years of A levels (AS levels etc) college if your school doesnt have a 6th form till 18 THEN University where you would get a degree. 18-21yrs (or 22)

I think gets complicated because many universities have colleges within them - ie Kings College Cambridge for example. Its also complicated because you can do GCSE's at colleges retakes or different sujects than you would do at school.

Its also complicated because the system in the UK isnt the same everywhere! :)

Mizze x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->