• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

Dairylea is made by kraft here guys. It's a gorgeous cheese spread :D
Weetabix are what they sound like... wheat biscuits. You put milk (and sugar if you prefer) and they go lovely and soft. Mmmm I love to mash it up with the milk.

spent my afternoon reading this :lol: In the UK (here anyway) we don't have like sophmores (sp?) seniors & stuff & the grading of school years, it confuses me :lol:

What? Really? What do you use on grades? Just #'s?

yeah

nursery 3-4yr

PRIMARY SCHOOL
reception 4-5
yr1 5-6
yr2 6-7
yr3 7-8
yr4 8-9
yr5 9-10
yr6 10-11

SECONDARY SCHOOL
yr7 11-12
yr8 12-13
yr9 13-14
yr10 14-15
yr11 15-16

and now 12-13 year olds have to stay on at school til 18, we can leave at 16 atm :lol: xx

My kids going to be in compulsory school until 18?? :rofl:

they won't have to be in an actual school until 18, just in some kind of education be that sixth form, college or work based training.

Huh? We're in school until we're 18, and then move on to college/university!

We can leave at 16! :lol: Well you could! Sorry i thought it was school :blush:

hehe xx

Well, we CAN, but we have to drop out to leave at 16... and its not generally looked very highly upon. Of course, then you can get a GED (general education degree) in lieu of a diploma and it really never effects anyone ever again! LOL

:lol: if we leave at 16 that's classed as finishing compulsory school (i think i worded that right :wacko:) xx

Gotcha... I wouldn't know if you worded it right or not! LOL

:lol: we do our exams in year 11 ( age 15 & 16) once we have our GCSE's we can leave :kiss: anyway! i love american language it intrigues me!! x

I'm very confused by how your schools work... I never thought about other places doing schooling so differently. What sort of subjects are "normal" for you in school?

I'm very confused by how your schools work... I never thought about other places doing schooling so differently. What sort of subjects are "normal" for you in school?

IThis is how my school did it, i'm sure it's similar in the rest of UK
in school when your start secondary (high school) in year 7 (11-12) year 8 (12-13) & year 9 (13-14) you have core subjects i had english, maths, science, r.e, p.e art technology, ict, georgraphy, history & french. Once you get to year 10 (14-15) we had the choice to choose 3 "options" so i picked history, food technology & health & social care. This means you have those subjects mixed in with english, maths, science, r.e & p.e :thumbup: i think i've remembered everything, somebody tell me if i haven't :lol: we also wear uniform!

& Emma_21 i live near you, wednesbury :winkwink:

egg salad?? i would have thought egg salad was a salad with boiled egg on top, is it not??

Egg salad is something people put on bread as a sandwich... Its chopped up hard-boiled egg mixed with... uhm... I think its like pickle, mustard, and mayo? I don't know... It fecking disgusting! :sick:

This:

https://www.eastsidedeli.com/image/PRODUCTS/market/egg%20salad%20market%20express

Yeah in the uk we call that egg mayo and we eat it on buttered bread as a sandwich... i dont like it though

theres another thread like this somewhere on here that says alot of these. some ladies were even laughing about the fanny pack thing...i forgot here it was but i guess fanny means something waaaay different from the US.

also with drinks i know we call soda either coke,soda,pop, or by the name but ive heard of them all called fizzy drinks...or is that like sparliking water?

pot pies we have i think they call them something else

In the uk fanny is a nickname for your vagina (your private parts) lol i remeber my mom telling me when she was little her godfather came over from texas and she was really shocked when he told her to sit on her fanny... meaning her bum, she just giggled.

Soda is fizzy pop, sparkling water is exactly that

& Emma_21 i live near you, wednesbury :winkwink:[/QUOTE]

ah maybe we could be bump buddies or summat? il send you a friend request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->