• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

Mmmmm... I'd call that a frozen banana! OL

:lol: I suppose I probably would to if I hadn't grown up hearing it called monkey tails..
hehe

Probably! LOL I now want a frozen banana! Dammit! LOL

Ok I have one - in the US the say period for full stop.
Also a question for those of you in the US - what are Tater Tots (sp??)

lol.. they are little potato bites... I don't know if you guys do hash browns there... but if you make little nuggets out of the hash browns thats sort of like what tater tots are.
They're yummmmy :haha:

Mhmm, I eat my tots with chili & cheese on them! Yum :)

But yeah, Lisa is right.. basically shredded potatoes that are shaped into nuggets and baked. Now I want tater tots!

lol

This might be easier... They're these:

https://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tater-tots.jpg

We do hash browns but never seen tater tots they look yummy - damn now I want some & several thousand miles lie between me & the nearest tot!!

They're delicious! You're truly missing out! I wish I could send them to you! :haha:

the point is to get together as a family for a big feast, lol
Though the roots of the celebration are tied to the Pilgrims who first came here to settle and were starving and the native Americans threw them a feast and showed them how to farm here. Or at least thats the gradeschool version
So we give thanks for the bounty of the harvest and for the people in our lives that we share the feast with.
Something like that.

Yeah :) Everyone brings a yummy dish and the family has a feast. Then we go around and everyone says what they are thankful for that year.. It's nice :cloud9: ... and I know I'll be gaining most of my pregnancy weight on Thanksgiving this year :lol:

I love my milk chocolate.. chocolate chips :)
I only use semi-sweet when I'm making cookies or monkey tails!

And I would say Craig (Cray-G) .. but I'm from Iowa.. so thats probably why :shrug:
:)

Thats how you say Craig, not Creg.

Loving the thread
As for the soft boiled eggs - you have no idea what you are missing -they are real kids comfort food over here - the sort of thing you have when you are poorly

Oh thats one I dont know if you have over there = Poorly= mildly sick especially if you are a child.

Trouers/Pants - always cracks me up because in the Uk pants=panties
Tights/pantyhose - thats possibly a real olde English thing that came over with the pilgrims.

As for the Period thing, I know its childish but it makes me giggle everytime

Mizze

Period makes me giggle too - especially when its a really earnest male character saying it on tv!

Loving the thread
As for the soft boiled eggs - you have no idea what you are missing -they are real kids comfort food over here - the sort of thing you have when you are poorly

Oh thats one I dont know if you have over there = Poorly= mildly sick especially if you are a child.

Trouers/Pants - always cracks me up because in the Uk pants=panties
Tights/pantyhose - thats possibly a real olde English thing that came over with the pilgrims.

As for the Period thing, I know its childish but it makes me giggle everytime

Mizze

We give our kids chicken soup when they are sick! Lol...and ourselves. :haha:

whoppy - lol... that sounds so much fancier!!! Can't imagine calling them that while slopping them on a plate at a school cafeteria :haha:

theres another thread like this somewhere on here that says alot of these. some ladies were even laughing about the fanny pack thing...i forgot here it was but i guess fanny means something waaaay different from the US.

also with drinks i know we call soda either coke,soda,pop, or by the name but ive heard of them all called fizzy drinks...or is that like sparliking water?

pot pies we have i think they call them something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"