US/UK Food: You call it whaaaaaaaat?

oh ok :D tiss funny that we have different words for alot of things tho, would love to visit america, not to go new york or anything like that, i would love to go nd stay at a ranch, somewhere out in the middle of no where, peace nd quiet, bit of horse riding etc :D

ohhh, we have the egg salad thing here ive only ever seen it on a sandwich tho, we just call them egg mayo sandwiches lol and just looking at that picture of the runny egg and are all your eggs over there white, the shell i mean, over here we have brown shells :rofl:

We have brown eggs too...and green ones...Usually only "farm" eggs though...stores around here only like to sell white ones...haha.

oh ok :rofl: so is one just a different brand then

Not a diff brand... Just a different spelling!

"Ketchup and catsup are different terms for the same thing which is tomato sauce made from tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. Tomato sauce is a similar product made without vinegar. It often contains celery and onions. There is no difference in the product."

Although I've noticed it's usually the generic brands that use "catsup".

We have brown eggs in the grocery stores here!

I have a question... Why is an operating room at the hospital called "theatre"? I find that so confusing!

they used to have a theatre setup of seats for other doctors/surgeons to observe... they still do in some operating rooms...
Thats what I thought anyway.

well its a way that many doctors can observe and learn and get trained in a procedure... lol

well its a way that many doctors can observe and learn and get trained in a procedure... lol

They let my cousin watch my Gramma's eye surgery - and she isn't even a doctor - just was taking her to the appointment. Lol

Well, I get that... Just the picture in my head is a bit bizarre... Like a movie theatre of seats with a big picture window, curtains to either side, opera glasses, and snack! :rofl: I'm sure its nothing like that!

lol you see them on TV shows a bunch.. I seem to recall Kramer dropped a junior mint into an open patient from the theatre seat on an episode of Seinfeld! :haha:

And they let anyone watch the laser eye surgies at my doctor's office... I will never forget what it looks like when they slice the cornea/ top layer/whatever it is... Its like the deli slicers slicing meat, lmao... and I still went ahead and had the laser eye surgery afterwards (which was one of the best things I ever did by the way!)

well we dont have the theatre seats over here i always thought that was an american thing, but i have noo idea why we call it theatre :rofl:

What bugs me watching american tv is the way they say Craig. rant over lol

Whats the thing with chocolate, the whole bittersweet/semi sweet thing.

Over here we have white, milk, dark and cooking chocolate

What bugs me watching american tv is the way they say Craig. rant over lol

Whats the thing with chocolate, the whole bittersweet/semi sweet thing.

Over here we have white, milk, dark and cooking chocolate

I dunno about the chocolate...that's just on the packages! In my book there is only white, milk, dark, and baking chocolate. But I think bittersweet is the baking chocolate (*think* being the key word) and I think semi-sweet is dark...but I'm honestly not sure...I just know I get the not sweet coco powder for baking and all the other types to eat! :haha:

So I googled the bitter vs. semi-sweet chocolate thing:
Bittersweet chocolate contains sugar, but generally not as much as semisweet chocolate, although, by government standards, they could contain practically identical amounts of chocolate liquor and sugar and still retain their bittersweet and semisweet labels. What this means is that one brand's bittersweet chocolate could be close in sweetness to another brand's semisweet chocolate, and vice versa.

Because of this, bittersweet and semisweet chocolate could be used interchangeably in most recipes; unsweetened, obviously, could not because it contains no sugar. But if your recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate and you have semisweet on hand, taste it first to determine if you could substitute.

I think baking chocolate is often unsweetened.... which allows you to control the amount of sweetening to add.

Semi-sweet is a type of baking chocolate!

How is Craig supposed to be said?

Semi-sweet is a type of baking chocolate!

How is Craig supposed to be said?

Aren't chocolate chips usually semi-sweet? 'Cause if so, there have been times I've just sat down and ate some! :winkwink:

I said Craig as "Creg".

I love my milk chocolate.. chocolate chips :)
I only use semi-sweet when I'm making cookies or monkey tails!

And I would say Craig (Cray-G) .. but I'm from Iowa.. so thats probably why :shrug:
:)

Banana's cut in half.. put on a "popsicle stick", dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips & then frozen..

:) they're delish, one of my favorite snacks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->