Use Italian Name for Second Boy??

spacegirl

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have a son Luca with an Italian surname but I'm a bit stuck with name for number 2. My son Luca is very fair but I think Luca suits him still as it's not strongly Italian sounding.

For the second boy we are expecting I was thinking Marco Elias... or Thomas Marco...

Is Marco too Italian if I have another fair boy? Does Thomas go with Luca? I think Tommy sounds kind of Italian-American...:dohh:

Thanks!

Cxxx

I don't think it does sound too italian for a fair child. if it is bugging you though what about Marcus?

just a suggestion, my friends family where strongly Italian and he was named after his grandfather Luigi but he is just called Louie - its still very Italian based but most people dont make any connection until told

I like Marco! Or Marcos. I know a boy named Marcos, he has sort of light mousey brown hair and it suits him very nicely :) I don't think anyone would make any sort of Italian connection with Thomas 2bh, it's quite a widely used name.

Personally I would go with Marco Elias, it's a beautiful name. I don't think Thomas Marco flows as well.

Personally I think Luca is very Italian sounding... but I am Italian so maybe I am biased since I know it is an Italian name.

Hmmm... I think Marco and Thomas are good first names... but I don't hear Elias as an Italian name...

So many great Italian names out there! You can use my family as inspiration:

Antonio
Enrico
Angelo
Mario
Rocco (Rocky)
Dante
Dario
Gino
Vincenzo
Lorenzo (Enzo or Renzo)
Paulo
Dominic
Joseph
Leo
Salvatore (Sal)

Luca is a beautiful now and I absolutely love Matteo.. I like Antonio and Vincenzo and also Marco
My Grandmother was born and raised in Sicily she had blue eyes blond hair and fair skin// My husband was born also in Sicily and he is dark, my family is light skinned and 100% sicilian. So really you can't go by that.. XOXOO All The Best

Luca is a beautiful now and I absolutely love Matteo.. I like Antonio and Vincenzo and also Marco
My Grandmother was born and raised in Sicily she had blue eyes blond hair and fair skin// My husband was born also in Sicily and he is dark, my family is light skinned and 100% sicilian. So really you can't go by that.. XOXOO All The Best

Agreed! My grandpa was from Calabria in Southern Italy and he had beautiful green eyes and brown hair.

Thanks so much for your help girls! I can't use Matteo because my first son is Luca Matteo :)

I think I'll go for Marco as the Italian/Sicilian posters don't think it's odd to have fair skin and an Italian name :) :)

Cxxx

Alessio, Alex for short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"