Using Clearblue Fertility monitor - anyone else? 7 BFP's...

Hi Ladies how you all doing? :flower:

It looks like my CBFM falling down the loo wasn't a bad thing after all..I had a dinner party and wanted some wine on Saturday, AF was due and I was impatient, so broke into a frer and managed to see two clear lines.

I'm only 18DPOso early days but praying it will be 3rd time lucky for me and DH, it was a year ago this week since my first BFP and am just thankful I can get a BFP but as yet my excitement is yet to manifest itself, which makes me feel a sad too, the fear of MC is so prevalent.

I hope you're all doing well and sending massive hugs to you all. :hugs:

Yay praying for a sticky bean Pat, so happy for you xxxxxx

Pat, this is very good news!! fingers crossed for a sticky bean! I almost feel like throwing my CBFM down the loo for luck :)

hi ladies!
i'm on cd3 (af got me).:witch:

i'm going to start coq10, along with the vitex and nettles/raspberry tea i've been taking.

we shall see:shrug:

i've been so superstitious thinking, oh maybe this month it will happen b/c of such and such, or no, maybe this month b/c of _____________.

now i just don't know.

good luck to all:dust:maybe february we'll all be lucky in love?!?!

Pat fabulous news! :happydance:

I'm curious, did you have any symptoms at all?

VKJ, I am very sorry AF got you, hoping February will be your month!

vkj, sorry about AF! Hopefully February will be your month.

Unfortunately for me, I'm going to be out of commission for the next few months. I have two 5 cm cysts on my left ovary. They are both simple cysts that for the vast majority of women go away on their own. However, one of them has hung around for months without getting any smaller. The other one appeared after my second round of Clomid.

My FS has scheduled me for a laparoscopy. I haven't had a consultation about the surgery yet, but I understand from my google research that this is often done when endometriosis is suspected. I'm actually relieved because I know there must be a reason why I've been having difficulty conceiving and I think I will soon have an answer after my lap. I just hope they find something that can be fixed. I'm also hoping they can unblock my right tube.

I have a consultation March 28 and then I suppose it will take another few weeks to schedule the surgery. I'm actually enjoying the break.

So I will be rooting you ladies on from the sidelines and hoping there are more bfp's! :happydance:

Thank you ladies, your comments made me smile. I so wish you get your BFPs too so we can continue to journey together.

I know it's silly but I am just waiting for the worst to happen, am trying to stay positive but it's like this big cloud hanging over everything. I have a GP appt tomorrow but doubt they will send me for an early scan so it's seems like an age away til 12 weeks in fact it feels like 8 weeks of worry ahead!

Lucky - I was convinced AF was on the way as my boobs hurt but in hindsight they started hurting a little earlier than usual and they are sore now. Also I am hot and sweaty (sorry TMI) overnight/sleeping and I recall that from my first BFP last Jan. apart from that nothing else really.

VKJ - so sorry AF showed :hugs: I've had a bundle of superstitions too since I started TTC...if it gets you through why not hey?

Cali - got my fingers crossed for you, I hope the break gives you a chance to relax and you never know what may happen.

Lady - hope you and bump doing well?

Briss - I don't know if you really want follow suit and throw it in the loo but I can recommend a weekend in Paris....it certainly did the trick :cloud9:

Cali, I am sorry about the cysts, hopefully lap can make a difference but then again, cysts (I have those) should not be preventing you from getting pregnant and you still have a couple of months before the surgery so hoping you will get your BFP and wont need it.

calidreaming. so sorry to hear you'll be out for a while.
i hope everything clears up quickly for you!

congrats pat!

:dust:to all!!!

Cali, I am sorry about the cysts, hopefully lap can make a difference but then again, cysts (I have those) should not be preventing you from getting pregnant and you still have a couple of months before the surgery so hoping you will get your BFP and wont need it.

I hope so, but the bad thing with mine is that they are on the left side, which is the side my good tube is on. It seems to be affecting the functioning of my left ovary. It took two rounds of Clomid to get any eggs on that side, and it looks like none of them were able to be released since I got the cyst.

It would be nice to not have to have surgery though.

Cali, That's really sad, I am sorry. it's like a vicious circle: Clomid helps get eggs but creates cysts that prevent them from being released. did you do cycle monitoring to determine whether the cysts affect ovulation?

Briss, yes I was being monitored throughout the cycles. The first time, only my right side produced two follicles. The second time, my right side produced one big follie and the left produced two, but they were both much smaller than the one on the right. I'm hoping that at the very least once the cysts are gone that the left side can function normally again. I just don't understand why they persist so long since they're clearly simple cysts.

I am at my wits end! I am an impatient person though...

So I have been using the CBFM (first cycle) and so far I have gotten 8 days of highs and never a peak. However FF says today that I am 3DPO... to top it off charts confuse the crap outta me so I dunno if mine is even right but I religiously have my alarm set and and wake up to take my temp and use the monitor.

I was hoping this would have been our month using both testing and the bbt charting since next step is beginning the invetro process in February....

Sorry im purely annoyed with the CBFM right now.

So I have been using the CBFM (first cycle) and so far I have gotten 8 days of highs and never a peak. However FF says today that I am 3DPO... to top it off charts confuse the crap outta me so I dunno if mine is even right but I religiously have my alarm set and and wake up to take my temp and use the monitor.

I was hoping this would have been our month using both testing and the bbt charting since next step is beginning the invetro process in February....

I was using the Clearblue monitor and the Clearblue tests with the smiley face. My CBFM never peaked but I got a smiley face on day 15&16. I called Clearblue to figure out why I didn't peak. The customer service rep said that Clomid can cause the monitor to miss the peak.
I love the monitor but I would use a back up if you are taking Clomid.

I would always recommend backing the CBFM up with OPKs....I think because you use FMU with the CBFM you can miss the surge but pick it up later in the morning or afternoon with the OPK I've used the CBFM for 4 months now and one of those months I got only Highs with no peaks but I got a +ve OPK.

I was using the Clearblue monitor and the Clearblue tests with the smiley face. My CBFM never peaked but I got a smiley face on day 15&16. I called Clearblue to figure out why I didn't peak. The customer service rep said that Clomid can cause the monitor to miss the peak.
I love the monitor but I would use a back up if you are taking Clomid.

Unfortunately I have been off the clomid for 3 months.

Brandy, if this is your first month using CBFM it might be just learning your cycle. looking at your chart it does look like you might have O on CD15. Did you manage to BD at all?

i know this question has been asked hundreds of times, on hundreds of threads, but what seems to be THE BEST method for bd'ing in conjunction with the cbfm?

with our first, we bd on the first high, then 4 days later on the next high,
then bd two days later on the second peak.

i don't think this same exact pattern can happen again (4 highs then 2 peaks), nor do i think we can replicate it.

one doctor recommended "frontloading" (which i think i've mentioned on here before) meaning, get to bd'ing before the ov happens, 'cause those little guys have a long way to travel.

i know it's about more than just a pattern, or doing exactly what i did last time. it truly is a miracle that it does happen.

i just wanted to vent, especially since this time around we've been trying so many different patterns.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->