using do it yourself hair dye

bexie1985

Reaction score
ive had it done at the hair dressers as they said it was ok too, but do u reckon i'd be ok just doing it myself as i dont really want to splash out on having it done again. My hair is growing so fast im going to need it done every month at this rate!! i was just going to buy a box and do it tomorrow, im blonde but wont use proxide i'll just get a blonde one???:shrug:

Id wait untill after baby is born because the hair dye dosent take to well to the hair while pregnant.xxx

as long as it's hair colour and not bleach, you'll be fine - make sure to do a test on a bit of hair to make sure the colour is what you want (it can come out differently when you're pregnant and you don't want to end up with a colour you aren't happy with)

and just make sure you're in a well ventilated area - I found that my sense of smell has been heightened while pregnant so the smell can become offensive pretty quick lol

I'm getting my SIL to do mine next weekend because grey hairs are starting to pop through and a good colour always makes me feel better!

i have always done my hair as normal during pregnancies, i just do it myself at home and have not had any probs x

Can always try it, shouldn't be a problem if you just get a normal blonde one :) I'm having the same problem, i had mine done a couple of weeks ago at the hairdressers and the colour is starting to fade already so i'm tempted to go and buy the dye and do it myself! God only knows what i'll end up looking like :rofl:

Can always try it, shouldn't be a problem if you just get a normal blonde one :) I'm having the same problem, i had mine done a couple of weeks ago at the hairdressers and the colour is starting to fade already so i'm tempted to go and buy the dye and do it myself! God only knows what i'll end up looking like :rofl:

lol i know i had visions of doing it and it turning green or somthing. xx

I heard that most home dyes are safe to use as long as they don't have ammonia in. I was surprised to see that Nice'n'Easy has ammonia in though, so might be worth just checking the ingredients of the one you buy xx

ETA: NHS info on it https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/949.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=131 Doesn't mention anything about the ammonia though so perhaps what I heard is a myth xx

I heard that most home dyes are safe to use as long as they don't have ammonia in. I was surprised to see that Nice'n'Easy has ammonia in though, so might be worth just checking the ingredients of the one you buy xx

ETA: NHS info on it https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/949.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=131 Doesn't mention anything about the ammonia though so perhaps what I heard is a myth xx

thanks hun, great help :thumbup: xx

lol i know i had visions of doing it and it turning green or somthing. xx

Oh i'm not worried about that, because i do mine black i'm worried i'll end up leaving some so some will be uber dark and other parts will be uber light :rofl:

Oh jeez, i can just imagine the state of it now :haha:

i use perfect 10 to do mine and have done it once in 1st tri, once in second and am goin to do it again next week ready for xmas :)

i'm doing mine tom 2 done it twice myself since i fell pregnant and not had a problem.

it is safe to do at home as long as you stay in a well ventilated area! Make sure you arent doing it to often. Every 4 weeks can be very damaging to your hair. Try for every 5-6 weeks! And avoid Bleach!!! My hairdresser just came back from maternity leave in time to cut my hair for me so I can go on maternity leave :) I have been doing my own color at home now most of this pregnancy!

The herbashine ones dont have amonia! or whatever they are called, used to be herbal essences :)

I use henna every month and still comes out the same colour and pre pregnancy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->