Using OPK as a Pregnancy test

M

Miss406

(Before I start, I know that I am confirmed as pregnant so these results are reliable).

I am today, 14dpo (a/f was due today).

https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/Sonia_Minchin/30551632-28f4-4cfe-a1ff-201e7558195c_zps3d23c3ad.jpg

As you can see the OPK is a lot darker than the HPT...

Why spend money on expensive pregnancy tests :happydance:

firstly congratulations hunni and 2nd what an awesome idea. x

Thanks hun...

So if all you have in the cupboards is ovulation sticks - use them... just as accurate :D

This isn't entirely true. Some women get pos opks around af time. Some women with certain conditions always have pos opks. Opks are not reliable until hpt is confirmed. The opk also won't always be pos when the hpt is positive. So one should not use an opk to test for pregnancy but rather for fun after the hpt has shown positive.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

For myself I know I had 3 seperate occasions where it was a pos opk and I was pregnant- But this occured as the truth when I was due for my cycle. Only once did I have a cycle where I got really pos opks for like 9 days but all way before my cyle was due ... So I do agree with your post. I wuold not use it as an HPT until my cycle due date and it has to be a true pos opk. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :D

For myself I know I had 3 seperate occasions where it was a pos opk and I was pregnant- But this occured as the truth when I was due for my cycle. Only once did I have a cycle where I got really pos opks for like 9 days but all way before my cyle was due ... So I do agree with your post. I wuold not use it as an HPT until my cycle due date and it has to be a true pos opk. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :D

Definitely :D

With the twins I did use a OPK around 8 weeks of pregnancy but wanted to see what happened earlier if I did it :happydance:

I still can't believe it... I am not deciding the best way to tell the OH! X

After reading your post I decided to do a little test myself he he - you're right. I had a blazing pos opk. I think I remember reading that if you have a + hpt, you will always have a +opk BUT a +opk does not always mean a +hpt...fun experiment though :haha: thanks!

Attachments

• hpt opk.jpg
    hpt opk.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 17
After reading your post I decided to do a little test myself he he - you're right. I had a blazing pos opk. I think I remember reading that if you have a + hpt, you will always have a +opk BUT a +opk does not always mean a +hpt...fun experiment though :haha: thanks!

He he - I'm glad you followed suit! :D
Brilliant pics! :D

I will admit with one of my pregnancies at 9dpo I took a digital opk and it was positive so I went and got a frer and it was positive.. So it can work for some :)

Definitely :D

With the twins I did use a OPK around 8 weeks of pregnancy but wanted to see what happened earlier if I did it :happydance:

I still can't believe it... I am not deciding the best way to tell the OH! X

Well which ever way you decide to tell him will be perfect!!!!!

i get blazing positives till i get my af as many people do ..lots of people get a second surge of hormones before af is due showing a positive af......yes if it stays positive when after your period is due it maybe a positive pregnancy but for those that get this other surge i would think we would get our hopes up for nothing...that is why you really cannot use them for pregnancy test and for some people it doesnt always happen just every odd af time......

I have kept testing all month I got a positive at cd 13 along with a temp dip and then neg the next two three days then I have had positive OPK's since. I'm cd 21 roughly 6dpo! Unusual for me. Xxx

I tested again (for fun) with another OPK today.
Test line stronger than the control line today

Little update:

15dpo:

Green is ovulation.
Notice the test line is darker than the control line? https://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q590/Sonia_Minchin/c839b8fd-9682-46f8-9ece-853f7746135b_zps719aaf1e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->