Uti or something else?

eve21

Reaction score
Hi ladies, on saturday morning i woke to go the wee & was very painful, was stingy and was still sore afterwards, then settled a bit untill the next time i had to wee. Well that went on for a few days on & off, at times it wasnt sore to wee at all, but in the mornings was very sore!

Went to my doctor, my urine sample was clear but because it was tested in the afternoon and drank water before the doc said it could be diluted to send another sample over the following day. She gave me antibiotics just incase anyway because it sounded like an infection.

Has this happened to any of u? Could it just be from holding me wee in while i sleep and causes pain? I woke up today feeling better, but im putting it down to the antibiotics working.

Thanks for reading, sorry its so long! x

That definitely sounds like a UTI. Your doctor was right, sometimes your urine sample can come up clear if you've been drinking a lot of water. If you're feeling better after antibiotics then that's most probably what it is. Did your doctor send your urine for culture? Unfortunately after you've started the antibiotics it's useless to test since the drugs will affect the results, but if you're feeling better already I wouldn't worry.

Nadja86 Thanks for your reply! Im glad, u said it can dilute as i was afraid it was something else but must be a uti. No, i was supposed to drop it back over today but the currier wont be in to collect it till in the morning so i have to go back over with a fresh sample in the morning. I think its pointless as would mean ive already been on the antiboitics 2 & half days by then so prob be clear. But least if it was i wasnt waiting and suffering that long!

x

Yep, you did the right thing by starting the antibiotics right away! My SIL was kind of in the opposite situation as you when she was pregnant -- they told her she didn't have an infection and then two weeks later it turned into a kidney infection. So I think it's best to be better safe than sorry if you have symptoms!

Your poor SIL having to suffer for 2weeks before they found out what it was. Hope shes ok now. Thanks, i sent over another sample this morning so maybe they will find something if not im still getting treated and feeling lot better! :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->