V day, is it wrong i feel upset?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
I have been with my husband for 8.5years. and been married 6months, so yesterday was our first valentines day as husband and wife.

I had mentioned before how it was our first v day together being married ect, and how id like a wife card. (on a couple of occasions this would be my first wife card)

yesterday morning I gave him a valentines day husband card.

now I wasn't expect any gifts as I knew he was skint, but being our first valentines day as his wife a card would have been lovley, and you can get them for £1 so they are not expensive.

so he came home from work and gave me some chocs which was nice. but no card. now I don't want to sound ungrateful but It would have ment a lot to get a card and im quite sentimental so being able to keep it.

he would have spoiled me a bit more if he could but it wasn't an option this year. when he came home from work he had dinner then went to bed. so we didn't get any time together either and I wasn't feeling well.

I know it may sound silly but feel a bit sad about it. I thought maybe he didn't relise how important to me and would have got one if he did but I did mention it a couple times and we didn't even spend any time together either.

I didn't mention it to him as didn't want him to feel bad but now I feel stupid getting him one.

sorry maybe being a tad hormonal?

Its not silly. I get married in July and am really looking forward to getting wife cards.

He got you chocolates, so he tried! Probably didn't realise it was a wife card you specifically wanted. Men don't take in even not so subtle hints.

He got you chocolates, so he tried! Probably didn't realise it was a wife card you specifically wanted. Men don't take in even not so subtle hints.

What do you mean I said to him about being our first and a wife card would be nice lol.

I just feel bit dishearted I guess lol. x

What do you mean I said to him about being our first and a wife card would be nice lol.

I just feel bit dishearted I guess lol. x

Which if he's anything like my OH will have just washed over him!

I know my DH would take me saying I'd like a special card as me really saying "don't wprry about spending money on a gift, just a card will do"- he'd think I was making things easier for him, especially if money was tight, and think that getting me chocolates was better as it is a gift and more expensive.
I think its on of those things that unless you're the same way (sentimental about cards and particularly cards which are specifically for a husband/wife) you won't realise its important to someone, rather than him being insensitive. And as emyandpotato says, some guys don't take hints- even great big "I would really like a wife card" hints :haha:.
I'd ask him really outright to get you a wife card for your birthday or whichever occasion is next- maybe say "I would really really like a wife card, it would mean a great deal to me. I have bought a lovely frame to put it in and have cleared a space to display it on the mantlepiece". Then if you don't get one get annoyed :haha:

Yeah see I thought you couldn't get more obvious than that lol.
my birthday isn't till 3 weeks before our 1st wedding anniversary.

I feel like taking his card off the mantelpiece as he doesn't see it as special or a big deal and I feel stupid now.

Our first v day as a married couple DH didn't come home from a business trip despite me begging him to be back on time. In fact, he extended his stay by 2 weeks.

Our first v day as a married couple DH didn't come home from a business trip despite me begging him to be back on time. In fact, he extended his stay by 2 weeks.

Oh that's not good why?
I hate v day now lol.
we didn't spend time together on that day either.

Does he normally buy a card for valentines day?

It was our first as a married couple, and to be honest I didn't treat it any differently. I just chose the nicest card I could find and didn't think about one saying husband. Wish I had now!

Your right to be upset though-no cards a bit rubbish.

I'd probably mention your disappointment in a jokey way and tell him you expect a massive wife card for your birthday!

Does he normally buy a card for valentines day?

It was our first as a married couple, and to be honest I didn't treat it any differently. I just chose the nicest card I could find and didn't think about one saying husband. Wish I had now!

Your right to be upset though-no cards a bit rubbish.

I'd probably mention your disappointment in a jokey way and tell him you expect a massive wife card for your birthday!

ah my birthday isn't for another 5months away. (3 weeks before our anniversary)

yeah he does most of the time get me a card but said he couldn't afford one (what)

I told him but hes just annoying me this weekend wish he was at work lol

I'd feel a little upset too, but at least you got chocolate!

I guess it just was important and not affording it even though you knew it was coming isn't a excuse lol make one??

I was really excited to buy my DH a Valentine's Day card this year that said "husband" too since we got married in May. I also cooked a special dinner that I knew he'd like. We had a big snowstorm the night before but I still went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for dinner. He had nothing for me and blamed the storm. I teased him about it a little but didn't let it ruin our night. Yesterday a card and flowers appeared. Men!

I was really excited to buy my DH a Valentine's Day card this year that said "husband" too since we got married in May. I also cooked a special dinner that I knew he'd like. We had a big snowstorm the night before but I still went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for dinner. He had nothing for me and blamed the storm. I teased him about it a little but didn't let it ruin our night. Yesterday a card and flowers appeared. Men!

That's nice, he got round to it :)
our first v night was rubbish lol

Oh that's not good why?
I hate v day now lol.
we didn't spend time together on that day either.

Who knows, he does that. He said he had to sit and watch the guys pack the container, with his business partner, who was also watching them pack the container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->