• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vacation... what will she be eating?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Well I dont have too much experience with weaning yet, so I have a couple of questions. We are planning a 14 night cruise January 4, and I'm not sure what Erica is going to be eating. She will be 9 months. So far she eats baby rice & oatmeal, and some fresh fruits and veggies pureed. I dont really want to bring my food processor so I could give her some jars, but I was wondering at 9 months do babies eat more food that we eat? And do they normally eat more foods without having to be completely pureed? She still doesn't have any teeth, I'm not sure if that makes any difference, but I did let her just kinda suck on a little piece of whole wheat bread once and she loved it. I'm just not sure what I should plan since I'm sure she wont be able to eat all of the food that we will on the cruise, but I'm not sure what Royal will let us carry on. Any advice would be great thanks!!!! :boat:

I would check with them, but I bet they have fruits and veggies that they could be smushed.

*just looked it up* in my Super Baby Food book it says at 9 months you can feed with almost everything an adult eats and by now her pincer grasp is developing and can handle finger foods very well. She can now chew well and may be able to bite off a piece of food from larger food.

Food: egg yolk, cheese, small pasta pieces, soft fruits and veggies. I would think you wouldn't need to take anything with you at that point.

Thats good to know! Thank you! I didn't realize she would be able to do all of that by 9 months. They do change so quickly though.

Yeah, she should be able to eat pretty much everything.. with the exceptions of things that you must hold off until 1 year.
Colton's already moving on to stage 2 foods.. (which are 6mo+ here), and I think Wobbles said her doctor told her she could start giving bits of their dinner to Caitlin at 7mo.. so by 9 months she would be eating most of what you are eating.
I would still probably check with the place though, because you probably dont want her eating things with alot of spices and such.. so you might want to check what their menus contain.

Thanks! We're gonna be cruising with Royal Caribbean, and we have before (in-laws have tons of times), so we are pretty familiar with what they serve. They have a more formal dining room, but also a buffet with lots of fresh fruit and veggies and stuff that she will be able to eat. And they said we can bring baby food on board, so I may bring some jars in case.

When we went on our cruise they are SO accommodating with the food, I bet they would give you bland spices. How fun for you! Where are you going?

Yeah, thats good. I dont know if you have a Walmart or similar around where you live.. but around the baby sections (with food) here they have little like "Toddler Cuisines". They have whole dinners (with meat, sides, etc) and they have little singles. I've never looked at the ingredients list to see how healthy they are.. but might be something to check out just for while you are out.

It's good they have buffet and you can choose things for her. I've never been on a cruise.. ? Anyways, hope you have fun!

Thanks girls. I think I've seen the like Gerber Graduates at the store before. That would probably be a good idea to bring just in case. I didn't think about that! They have always been very accommodating, so I think we will do OK. Erica's ped say just be conscious of things (dont drink the water, eat fresh fruit washed in bad water, etc.) and referred me to the CDC website.

MarchBaby, you should try a cruise when planning a vacation! They are so much fun, and really affordable in comparison to regular vacations! We are going to plan a cruise on the Disney cruiseline once Erica is a little older.

We're leaving from LA, going to Cabo (Mexico), Acapulco(Mexico), Huatulco (Mexico), Puntarenas (Costa Rica), cruising through the Panama Canal, Cristobal Pier (Panama), Puerto Limon (Costa Rica), Montego Bay (Jamaica), Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), and flying home from there.

I'm so jealous! I really want to do the Panama Canal cruise. Is it just the two of you?

You should! It seems like its gonna be great. And no, its not just gonna be us... =( LOL. MIL, FIL, GIL (grandma-in law), BIL, probably a cousin, and BIL's friend. DH, Erica, and I. And probably my mom. Its a big family thing, the in laws usually do a cruise after the holidays together... I've never done a 14night one tho! Thats gonna be a while out to sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->