Vaccine Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, now aged 25, was not vaccinated for these same reasons. He caught rubella as a child and then developed post-viral fatigue syndrome and ME. He was in a wheelchair for 5 years throughout his secondary school years. Therefore I will be vaccinating.

On the flipside, I developed ME from having a Hep B vaccination at age 17. I got sick after the jab and never recovered. I'm not in a wheelchair but I can't work and some days are a true struggle. I won't be vaccinating my child for this.

My best friend growing up was never vaccinated for anything and is still wonderfully healthy.

I'm still making up my mind for a lot of immunisations, but hep B is definitely one to avoid.

eh clicked edit and it ended up being a reply to my original post, doh!

My friend, now aged 25, was not vaccinated for these same reasons. He caught rubella as a child and then developed post-viral fatigue syndrome and ME. He was in a wheelchair for 5 years throughout his secondary school years. Therefore I will be vaccinating.

I have ME/CFS and recieved all my vaccines except the whooping cough one; and I never had whooping cough, I developed it in my teens thankfully I was never in a wheelchair but I was not able to finish my GCSEs and just about managed to pass the GNVQ I was doing at college. We're not sure what caused it in my case but I did have a one-off measles booster shortly before. Also there are cases of people developing ME/CFS very soon after a reaction to a vaccine, so nothing is guaranteed. I've had rubella twice btw and had my MMR. My second eldest sister had the whooping cough vaccine and still got whooping cough in her teens and it is worse the older you are. I'm not saying vaccines are not valuable but there is such a thing as vaccine failure and for certain people, some vaccines are simply not safe. xx

I have an question for all ladies...
In my state we are required to have several vaccinations by law before entering day care or pre-school.

Are they required by law where you live? If you choose not to vaccinate and they are required by law, how do you get around day care/ school? I am curious how things work for others...

Vaccines are not required by law here, my boys are home schooled but attend a part time afternoon/evening school as well, they have all had most of their vaccines; except none of them have had the BCQ and my youngest hasn't had the vaccines normally given at 2, 3 and 4 months because my two boys closest in age to him reacted badly to that vaccine, I am still weighing up whether he should have them or not xx

To me pros outweigh cons. I think we are actually very lucky to live in a country where all of these vaccines are done as a part of free health care, I reckon that some third world countries haven't got that privilage and infant mortality is much higher!

To me pros outweigh cons. I think we are actually very lucky to live in a country where all of these vaccines are done as a part of free health care, I reckon that some third world countries haven't got that privilage and infant mortality is much higher!

Totally agree!

I have an question for all ladies...
In my state we are required to have several vaccinations by law before entering day care or pre-school.

Are they required by law where you live? If you choose not to vaccinate and they are required by law, how do you get around day care/ school? I am curious how things work for others...

When I took Sophia to the dr for her first round of shots I asked if they were even necessary, he said I was required to get them for her. :( I think I have a little more options of getting them or not getting them with some of the other vaccinations. Our schools require certain vaccinations before they can enter.

I'm sorry but this is a bit simplistic; infant mortality rates in developing ciuntries are down to so many factors, some of the primary ones being due to unclean/unsafe water supplies, poor maternal nutrition during pregnancy, famine, unsafe feeding practices (incorrectly prepared formula, giving fluids other than milk in early infancy, and so on), poor hygeine and unsafe birthing practices and the list goes on.

I don't have children ((yet)), but I can say that my decision will be based on empirical evidence from as unbiased research as I can find.

I think both sides of the argument have valid considerations, but often defer to their extreme cases as evidence to support their arguments, which does not typically define the majority.

I think there's a lot of be understood in terms of some people being predisposed to developing negative vaccination reactions.

IMO, the most important consideration when deciding to vaccinate or not vaccinate is to educate yourself, support your decision with facts and research and reach YOUR OWN conclusion, and not be swayed by other people's opinions.

For example, I can say that I think Amanda Knox is guilty, but if I can't support that with evidence or facts, then my opinion is baseless. I can't just say, "Well, I just have a feeling, or everyone else thinks so, or she's guilty because she just is."

((I'm not suggesting that anyone here has done that.))

I'm sorry but this is a bit simplistic; infant mortality rates in developing ciuntries are down to so many factors, some of the primary ones being due to unclean/unsafe water supplies, poor maternal nutrition during pregnancy, famine, unsafe feeding practices (incorrectly prepared formula, giving fluids other than milk in early infancy, and so on), poor hygeine and unsafe birthing practices and the list goes on.

Yes, you are right that it may be a simplistic view, i am not saying that infant mortality is only due to not having vaccines available, but i was trying to say that I consider mysekf lucky to live in a country where vaccines are available as a part of free healthcare.

Interesting link for discussion
https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/6/08-030608/en/index.html :thumbup:

We choose not to vaccinate our boys. My oldest 2 have had some before we looked more into it and decided not to anymore, but my youngest 2 have had none.

I think someone could look at the exact same information I did and still choose to vaccinate. We all look at things differently, put weight in different things. IMO the risks of the vaccines outweigh the pros...someone else thinks exactly the opposite, doesn't make one of us more right. Truth is we don't know for sure what is best for our kids, every kid is different and while yours may end up with the full benefit of the vaccine and no negative side effects the next kid could have serious side effects from the vaccine. I believe there isn't a one size fits all, I do think vaccines have their place...just not in my kids bodies. As parents we have to look at all of the information we can find and try and make the best decision for our own kids.

I agree with summer rain though, you can't compare us (developed countries with these vaccines available) to 3rd world countries...it's just not the same. Us having the vaccines are not the only reason for the decline in these diseases...the improvements in sanitation, nutrition and the ability to treat these diseases when they come about so they don't spread has is a HUGE reason for the decline.

Oh and my kids attend public school, each state in the US has different exemptions. Here in TX you can get medical, religious or philosophical (which means you just don't believe in them). I think it's 2 states that have ONLY medical, then the rest have medical and religious and then some have philosophical. In TX all we have to do is go to a website and the state sends me free forms with the state seal on them that say we choose to decline and which vaccines...I fill it out and have it notarized then I turn that into the school instead of their vaccine record.

i respect people's views that are different and everyone is free to make their own choice. I am also not saying that all vaccines are safe, but I am still pro in general.

As quoted from link posted from who website
https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/6/08-030608/en/index.html
Smallpox has long been hailed as the ultimate vaccination success. It was declared eradicated in 1979, the only disease affecting humans to be eliminated deliberately. Polio has been eradicated in WHO’s American, European and Western Pacific Regions, while the number of countries where polio is deemed a serious public health problem has dropped from 125 in 1988, when the eradication drive was launched, to only four – Afghanistan, India, Nigeria and Pakistan – where the disease remains endemic.

There have been many other successes, such as the 99% reduction in the incidence of bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae in the United States of America (USA) which introduced vaccination against the disease in 1988, according to its Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Republic of Korea, with 99% vaccination coverage for measles, declared the killer disease eradicated in 2006.

Despite these successes, vaccine anxieties continue to periodically impede this highly effective public health measure. In certain industrialized countries, most notably the USA, public concern has shifted its focus from the diseases vaccination can prevent, to the risks of the vaccines themselves. The Internet has become a significant channel for anti-vaccination views. The popular video-sharing web site YouTube offers a plethora of anti-vaccination clips. The Internet has also become a forum for alternative medicine practitioners to present their anti-vaccination ideas and promote alternative products.

I'm fine with people not vaccinating their children as long as they do not go out in public where they can get my baby, who is too young yet to be vaccinated, sick because they have a misguided notion that the risk of illness from a vaccine outweighs the risk of illness from disease.

The first woman who lets their sick child cough on mine or touch mine before he is able to be vaccinated, that refused to vaccinate her own, and gives my BABY mumps, measles or rubella, will be paying dearly for it via court costs, medical bills, and pain and suffering. I'll sue their asses off.

Sorry, but that is the dead honest truth.

Chances of getting sick from MMR vaccine: 1:1,267,834
Chances of getting M, M or R if unvaccinated: 1:134

Chances of M, M or R causing a devastating permanent illness: 1:41.

Take chances with your kid, but don't bring them, or anyone else who might get infected out where they can infect mine.

I'll be vaccinating as soon as possible to avoid your kid's illnesses.

EDIT: Yeah, this topic really makes me mad. People don't realize they aren't just risking their own kid, but every kid theirs comes in contact with who hasn't had the chance to be vaccinated yet.

vaccines only work if the majority of the population take them up

so those who dont vaccinate are being selfish and putting the onus on everyone else to vaccinate.

keep your kids away from mine please

its like taking a step backwards imo. what is the point of progress if we turn our noses up at it

I'm fine with people not vaccinating their children as long as they do not go out in public where they can get my baby, who is too young yet to be vaccinated, sick because they have a misguided notion that the risk of illness from a vaccine outweighs the risk of illness from disease.

The first woman who lets their sick child cough on mine or touch mine before he is able to be vaccinated, that refused to vaccinate her own, and gives my BABY mumps, measles or rubella, will be paying dearly for it via court costs, medical bills, and pain and suffering. I'll sue their asses off.

Take chances with your kid, but don't bring them, or anyone else who might get infected out where they can infect mine.

EDIT: Yeah, this topic really makes me mad. People don't realize they aren't just risking their own kid, but every kid theirs comes in contact with who hasn't had the chance to be vaccinated yet.

WSS

I also think that schools should make it public knowledge the names of the children who are not vaccinated, so I can keep them away from my kid or pull my kid out of their school.

I had rubella, before I could get the MMR. It cost me a good chunk of my eyesight. If that happens to my baby because someone didn't vaccinate their kid, I'd lose it.

wow thats OTT! a vaccinated child can still get these illnesses and pass them on....if u have that kind of attitude then maybe keep ur child in and wrap them in bubble wrap while ur at it.

I also think that schools should make it public knowledge the names of the children who are not vaccinated, so I can keep them away from my kid or pull my kid out of their school.

brilliant idea

You can also add to that kids who have cancer or leukaemia who cannot be vaccinated due to their immune systems, who a simple cold could kill, let alone something like measles.

Most anti-information is very skewed. We researched medically verified, research based, decent information and based our decision on that. No regrets.

I love you! I feel exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back