Valentines Babies, 2013!

Wamommy I am like you, it's all about having a clean floor! :)

Kiara still sleeping lots. Was a 4 hour nap this morning. She is having a growth spurt I am sure. She has mastered the smile:
https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/43D2A13D.jpg

Ahhh so cute Helena!!! Precious!

I've found out that Camden has a dimple when he smiles- adorable!

How often do your los poo? Camden usually goes multiple times a day, then all of a sudden now he hasn't pooped in two days! Internet says I shouldn't be concerned but it was so sudden !

Helena, what an adorable picture! Beautiful smile :D

Sierra- Lily poops multiple times a day, and Gunnar poops once every couple of days. Weird, because they eat the same thing! They've both been blowing out their diapers almost every time they poop over the past week, and waking up in the morning soaked in pee...I think we're getting close to needing size 2 diapers.

Gorgeous, Helena! What a truly cheerful grin! :D

Max went through a stage where he literally pooped 10 times a day, but has now evened out to about 6. He went 2 days without pooping once, and I was worried enough to google like crazy. Like Dragonfly said, some babies only poop once every couple of days, and that's normal too. Just be ready for the blow out when it comes! :dohh:

I had a question about size 2 diapers, too. The ones we use (size 1) say 9-14 pounds or something. The #2s say 12-18. Max is 13 pounds, so which should we use? To be fair, most of his weight is in his head and tummy. He legs and butt are quite tiny. Maybe I'll stay in 1s for another week or 2 to see if he really needs to move up?

Thanks ladies! We will see when his blow out comes! Lol he was pooping so much each time he went before that I'm almost scared to see what 2 days worth looks like! :rofl: I hope we're at home when it happens! Ha!

Wamommy, I was wondering the same thing about diapers!

Kiara poops maybe twice a day but around two months she went through a week where it was suddenly just once every two or three days. No idea why. She was fine.
We use size two pampers, have for a few weeks, not sure if Europe and US have the same sizing?

I don't want to curse myself but Camden is on his THIRD nap today! One was only 30 minutes long, but the second one was 3 hrs long, and now he has been sleeping for 30 minutes and is still sleeping! I reallty think the acid reflux medicine is working! Hooray!! So excited- this is a record for us!

We are in size 2 because she was blowing out the sides of her size 1. Like Max she has a skinny bum but a round belly. We use Huggies.

That is a gorgeous smile, Helena!

I just got back from a haircut. I took Teagen with me and she was a gem. I timed it for our afternoon nap. Everyone loved her. I now feel human... and immediately after I typed that Teagen blew out her diaper. Out the front, up the back and through both sides. We had been warned of "potentially loose stools" from the vaccines. Now mommy and baby both need a bath.

Congrats on the naps, Sierra. So glad that your little man is feeling better.

Ooh! I just found this thread. :D :hi:

Harrison was due on 20th February, but came on 14th. :) Our :yellow: bump turned :blue: at 01:05am! He's 9 weeks old today.

Welcome, Mrswaffer! And congrats on your little V-day baby. I think the majority of our bumps came out on the 4th and 5th... they just couldn't wait any longer! Beautiful name that you chose. :)

Hi, mrsswaffer :) Congratulations on your Valentine's baby!

My twins were so impatient, they only waited util 12/19 to make their debut!

Welcome, mrsswaffer! How is everything going with Harrison?

Aside from the feeding side of things, very good. I'd say we score a C+ on the BFing front! Still a shallow latch and I am still in pain, though I'm going to chat with some lactation consultants tomorrow. Fingers crossed this gets sorted before my nips get any worse. :(

:( I'm glad you're getting some help, though! Helena introduced me to some amazing nipple shield things that you wear under your bra when not nursing, and it helped a ton. Helena, do you still have the links? They make a little dome over your nips when dressed so they don't touch anything and can air dry.

Yesterday we went out to eat with Grandma and my kids' 5-year-old cousin. I didn't know until halfway through the meal that she was sick! Now I'm freaking out that my kids (and especially baby) will get it. Fingers crossed!

Eeep! I hope your kids don't get ill. :(

Ah yeah, breast shells? I looked at some today - I should get some actually, because I do think friction definitely does not help! :p

Hi! Yes breast shells, or google Breast Angels - they are the best! Silverette cups.

Hi and welcome :)

So Teagen hates to be swaddled, but she still startles herself when she sleeps. I found this site that sells a thing called a Zipadee-Zip that is supposed to help transition babies from a swaddle to normal jammies. I ordered two (because there was a sale) and we got them Wednesday night. The past two nights she has slept a solid 10-12 hours. She also stopped fighting me at bedtime and calms down in five minutes instead of two hours. She looks like a little starfish when she sleeps now. I also used it at naptime yesterday and she went to sleep without nursing. It was fantastic and allowed me to actually clean my house and pack a few more boxes.

Woohoo, go Teagen! I followed the link you gave the other day and watched the video on their website. It's TOO cute! You're right, it makes a baby look like a little starfish :D Max hates being swaddled, but his little hands get super cold at night, so maybe this would be a good option?

I'm running on fumes today, ladies. I thought by this time sleep would start to improve, but it's getting worse (is that even possible>??) Last night Max didn't sleep. No, I don't mean "barely slept". He didn't sleep... at ... all. I'm completely shattered and near meltdown :( DH, however, slept peacefully until 8:30!! :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->