Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oh yes, the husbands do! It's amazing what they can sleep through. :p

Harry doesn't like swaddling either, and his hands get cold too. It doesn't seem to bother him though. I do have some grobags, and actually haven't been putting him in anything these past few nights (just bodysuit and sleepsuit), but I think tonight, I'll try the 1 tog grobag, to see if he settles better. :)

Recently, his sleep pattern goes like this: 8:30pm-12am-2:30am-4am-6am ish. And then whingey until 8am, when I can't stand the whingey-bum sound anymore! Hehe!

Wamommy - That is so harsh. I am sorry that Max isn't wanting to sleep and that your DH sleeps too well. I can't even imagine how exhausted you must be. I'll be out to the Pacific Northwest in 15 days... we'll swap kids for a couple of nights so I can experience the joy of an awake newborn and you can bask in the bliss of 12 hours of baby sleep. :)

Mrswaffer - Teagen's hands get really cold at night. The nice thing about the Zipadee is that they are covered and I feel like a better mommy because she isn't cold. I sleep really hot so I feel bad when I turn down the temperature in the house. At least now I know she is cozy.

:rofl: Kellen, I wouldn't put you through that! Tempting though :winkwink:

I'm actually fuming right now. DH is sleeping on the couch while I wash the kitchen and make lunch for the kids. He's "so tired" because he had a dentist appointment today. I haven't slept in 30 hours... wtf?? Listening to him snore away is literally making me want to punch him.

Wamommy, I would seriously fill a bucket with ice and water and dump it on him! That's ridiculous!!

Have you asked Max's doctor about the not sleeping? That seems like an awfully big struggle with night sleeping. Maybe the dr would have some tips? At any rate, I hope you get some sleep soon and your husband gets ice water dumped on him! ;)

Wamommy i hear u on not sleeping I have had days where we stretch the whole night up unti 5am.Luckily that was durin DS's holidays otherwise i woulnt be able to wake up at 8 for the school run....The best thing about being a mother is even if you sleep that late when LO wakes up with a smile you happily return the smile.

I would be luck if i get 3hrs straight in a night, I am exclusively breastfeeding and one of my friend mentioned she is not sleeping because she is hungry? she said formula is more substantial and more 'tummy filling' for babies during the night. I wonder, I may try it and see if i get any improvement in sleep

Does any of your LOs have eczma, Brianna has eczma and part of the not sleeping is probaby because she is scratching.I have eparderm from the GP and I dont feel like its helping. Any suggestions ? or recommendations?

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Sierra, I didn't mention to Max's doctor at his 2-month appointment, but I wish I had! I figured he is just not a great sleeper, but you're right, there may be an underlying cause... hmmm...

As for the ice water, as tempted as I was, I just banged pots around in the kitchen until he got the hint!!

Kim, Max doesn't have any eczema, but we're still struggling with cradle cap. The poor kid has had every kind of oil dumped on his head and still has scales and flakes :(

Wamommy, maybe give the dr a call? I call my dr quite a few times... it's really helpful!

Kim, that's true about formula. Breast milk is less filling, but more easily digested. I'm exclusively breastfeeding too, and Harry won't go more than 3 hours in the day, and four hours at night. :)

Kim, I'm exclusively breast feeding Teagen and she does sleep through the night. She tends to cluster feed from around 8-9:30 when she finallt goes to sleep. I guess that is her way of tanking up for the evening. She eats around every two hours during the day. No eczema here. Good luck with that, it does not sound fun for either one of you.

Since I introduced a bottle before bed we can sometimes get a five hour stretch :) after that I breastfeed and she is up every to hours again.
Kiara has a sleeping bag and seems ok in it. Cold hands too though, but she doesn't mind - its the temperature on their chest which indicates how warm they really are.
Another big sleep day so far, I have never known a baby to sleep so often..I think she is only awake 5 or 6 hours out of 24! Lots of growing I think. I just put her on a 3 month bodysuit and it fits :) considering she was 2.5 kilo at one point and is now about 5 kilos I am happy with her. She seems to be wanting more and more formula though...averaging about 3 bottles a day now instead of the two we originally introduced at 2 months. Ah well, what will be will be.
Wamommy...I would be having serious talks with DH..it's nt like it s only you and 1 baby..
How is the look battle going wamommy? I hovered ths morning and even mopped yesterday (laminate) so double points for me!..:) I dd however confiscate boxes of toys fom my boys this week - I swear they just tip thm out and don't actually play with them or ever put them away...so right now I am winning the floor battle :)

Last weekend my husband amazed me with what he could sleep through. We had and friends over for a BBQ and he had had a few drinks. He was sleeping on the sofa and I put baby at the other end of the sofa while I popped outside to tidy up. I could hear Kiara eating upset from the other end of the garden but when I came inside DH was sleeping soundly while Kiara screamed with all her might and wet red t the other end of the sofa! Amazing...
I was up 6 times last night (growth spurt? Hungry?) and he didnt notice 5 of them..

Haha, Helena, I know exactly what you mean about the toys! Sometimes I think the game IS dumping all of the toys on the floor, and not actually playing with them. I have bins and toy boxes all over the house, but it still looks like Toys'rus blew up in our house.

I guess our DHs just aren't trained to wake up to baby's cries? I stir at every whimper, but I think I go to sleep ready and waiting for it. I can't imagine sleeping right through his screams, lol. IT's so amazing that you have 3 kids, including a new baby, and are able to host a barbeque! I bow down! :)

Max is sick :( It breaks my heart! I am a little ticked off, too. I have been SO diligent about where he goes and who he sees to try to prevent it, and figured my Mom would tell me if my niece was sick before bringing her to lunch. I know it's bound to happen and not the end of the world, but still... it's so hard to watch him snort and cough. Poor guy :(

Poor Max. Sending him a cuddle from sniffling Kiara.. She has had a cold pretty much from two weeks :( but she is ok withit. I put a humidifer on in her room some nights, and squirt her up the nose with a little bit of saline a lot. It is building them up - getting their immune system up and running.

Hosting a BBQ was actually easy - our kids run off and play with the other kids and there were a few ladies always happy to watch or cuddle the baby :) everyone is a winner :) I recommend every new mum do it! Lol.

Congrats on the successful BBQ and hugs to all the poor sniffling kids. At least their little immune systems are working to try to fight off the bugs. I'm sorry they don't feel good.

Helena - How is your mom doing these days? I know you and Kiara are planning to go see her soon. I hope that trip goes well. I would hate being so far away during such a time. :(

Less than two weeks before I get to be with my folks. We pick up the moving truck next week. I am going to talk to DH today about getting a motel room when we are at his parent's house due to the smoking factor. I asked our pediatrician and she said to keep Teagen away from anyone who smokes as much as possible. She also said that Teagen still has somewhat "floppy" airways and the smoke could be dangerous to her breathing skills.

Getting a motel room seems sensible. Less stressful too.
Good luck putting the idea forward :)

I am finally getting to introduce Kiara to my parents in two weeks! Yay! Mum is the same, still battling on with chemotherapy, good days and bad. Can't wait for her to meet K and for K to show her her new skill of smiling :) We go the first weekend of may :)

Do your little ones sleep a lot? I am starting to wonder if K sleeps too much.. Though maybe that isn't possible. Maybe her being a few weeks early is a factor, she has growing to catch up on. Plus her colds..

An average day:

Wake 7
Nap 8.30 until 11.30 or 12.
Nap 2-4
Nap 5-7
Bed at 9 or 10..

Though every day is different. No routine.

Teagen is a nighttime/morning sleeper.

9:30pm -Sleep
6am - Wake
7-9 -Sleep
10-12 sleep
2-4 sleep
She then stays awake until 9:30 or 10 when I go take her to our bed and nurse her.

Seems like Teagen may have an hour more awake than Miss K, but not a big noticeable difference.

#1 Reason to get a motel - internet. Just kidding... but seriously, my in-laws have dial-up. It is difficult to surf the net on a Kindle. 5 Days without the internet if we don't get a room. 5 Days of smelling cigarette smoke. I know my MIL will yell at DH, but for Teagen's sake we cannot stay there.

I agree with the motel idea!! She doesn't need to be in a smoky house!

I'm still super jealous of your babies sleep! Still struggling here.. on a new reflux Med but he isn't showing improvement. Also, he hasn't pooped for a week now! Dr said to give it a week so I'm calling her tomorrow if he doesn't poo before then!

Helena, I'm so sorry Kiara is sick too :( But like you said, it's getting their little immune systems working. Max is a bit better today, thank goodness!

Sierra, I would definitely call the Dr, just to be sure all is well. Maybe his new medicine is causing constipation? I've read that it isn't uncommon for babies to have poop-free stretches like this, but a Doctor could tell you for sure. Poor guy :hugs:

Kellen, I think the motel idea is a great one! Not only because of smoke and internet (although they are both great reasons!) but also just for the privacy. I find that when I go visit family I get "peopled-out" and need some time to unwind. This is especially true for me with a baby. Having your own space to return to might make the entire trip more fun :D

Does anyone drink coffee? I'm super paranoid about passing it on to Max through breast milk, so when I have one (maybe once a week?) I pump and dump it out for 5 hours to be sure :wacko: I drink decaff, but it just isn't the same! What do you guys do?

Sorry about the sick babies :( hopefully they will get better soon!

Kellen - defo go for the motel! Just the smoke alone is reason enough!

Olivia doesn't sleep much in the day really. Maybe 3 or 4 short 30 minute naps. But then usually sleeps for 12 hours at night (with a couple of feeds). I'm beginning to wonder at what point she actually goes longer between feeds in the day, but then, she does very often go for a long time in the evening between feeds, so I guess she just prefers to catch up in the day! :shrug:

Wamommy, I haven't had regular coffee since I was ttc, and I miss it sooo much! I usually stick to a decaf but only a small one every couple weeks or so...

Jo, Camden eats all the time during the day but only once at night. I have yet to see his feedings space apart.

Well Dh has a cold and I'm soooo paranoid that Camden and I are going to get it. I obviously dont want the baby to get it but also am super worried about me getting sick because I'm already so stressed with working full time and taking care of Camden- how could I do it all if I was sick?! Have any of you been sick with an lo yet? How'd you manage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->