Valentines Babies, 2013!

Have fun at the zoo! Why do men take so much longer to get ready that women? It seriously takes my DH more time to do his hair than it takes me to do mine...

So excited to be back in the Pacific Northwest. My mom said it is 71 there today. I cannot wait to do some of the awesome outside things with Teagen. Crater Lake is only 2 hours away and with the Ergo baby carrier I am going to convince DH to do some hiking with me this summer... maybe even some tent camping since co-sleeping with Teagen isn't a problem.

Wah! Hands up who has got MIL woes! *hands up*

I love her dearly, but she is SO interfering! All weekend, she was jabbing at me about my parenting skills. She was asking questions, and - after my answer - would say, "How times have changed! We did it like this... etc." and when I'd back my reasons up with evidence or books, she'd say, "Well, we never had books and my boys turned out okay!" Argh!!!

She also seems to think that, at 10 weeks old, Harrison is getting 'crafty' and manipulative. I tried to tell her that, actually, babies at his age don't have the capacity to know how to be crafty, and that he is just expressing his preferences, but no. She doesn't have any of it. Growl!

Ah! :rofl: A crafty 10 week old? Really? Stick to your guns. I swear when Teagen has a child I am going to reread all of these posts so that I ca remind myself to back off and let her be the mom.

The, "well I did it this way and he turned out fine" drives me batty. Just because you smoked around your kids and gave them sips of beer to make them sleep doesn't mean that it is okay.

Haha--these MIL stories are the best---it makes me feel good knowing I'm not the only one who finds their interferring completely annoying!! :rofl:

Premonition? :winkwink: Wouldn't that be something!

Dragon---that's an awesome dream--maybe wamommy is right and it's a premonition! You'd really have your hands full with a THIRD baby on the way!

Oh my gosh, you guys are going to give me a coronary! :haha: NO I would rather not have 3 under two! :wacko:

I told DH about the dream and laughed that it would be impossible to be pregnant now, and he was like "Yep, unless it was an immaculate conception...speaking of, are we ever going to have sex again?" :rofl:

Probably someday.

We're home!

Ohh, babies can be VERY crafty!! In fact, just a few minutes ago Max pooped JUST TO MAKE ME CHANGE HIM... :rofl:

Dragonfly, I'm with you. If I were pregnant now I would completely freak out! We have only dtd once since Max was born. I'm just not that into it right now. Maybe if DH helped out more I would be? As it is I am pretty resentful all of the time and dtd is the last thing on my mind! :dohh:

My Mom does some of the "we did such-and-such when you were young, and you turned out fine!" stuff. She used to wipe whiskey on our gums to help with teething :wacko: She was an amazing Mom, but times really have changes, and for the better I think!

The zoo was fun. It's SO nice here today (finally) that anything outside would have been great. We only made it halfway through the zoo before my 3-year-old got tired out and wanted to go home. We're at home for a snack and to feed and change Max before we head back out to the park. It's such a luxury having a sunny day that I don't want to waste it!

My MIL is the same. Just yesterday I was giving her a loft to her Wednesday night girls get together and she said "shall I drive and you hold Olivia in the car to save putting her in and out of her car seat?"
Hubby and I both said "um, that's illegal!"
She looked like we had attacked her personally and said "how ridiculous, we used to stick you in a basket on the back seat"

It did make me wonder if the older generations get all defensive like that because they feel like their choices are being attacked and we are saying they were crap mothers? :shrug:

I'm not saying she doesn't bug the hell out of me with her comments and that she should learn to keep her mouth shut sometimes :haha: but when you think about it, they were us once. They were told to do the things they did and now we are telling them that everything they did was wrong!

I bet anything we will be exactly the same in 20-30 years when our children have children!

Oh phew so I'm not the only one who hasn't DTD much? Dh has been more reluctant to do it then I have. We've done it once... and even though I'd like to do it more, we are just way too exhausted!

We have only DTD twice since Harry was born. Basically just because we're so tired! :p

I really hope I don't turn into my MIL when Harry has babies! :wacko: I'm just going to agree with my daughter-in-law and give advice when it seems appropriate, instead of commenting on everything she does!

It really did get too much on the weekend, and I ended up crying to DH about it. I didn't want to talk to him about it, because he is a mummy's boy and I thought he'd think I was attacking her. However, it did really upset me, so I talked to him about it and he said he's going to talk to her. Eep!

Mrswaffer, I kind of agree wi MiL and think babies start to learn how to manipulate us very early on. It isn't done maliciously obviously but I do believe they do things just to get what they want. Not necessarily what they need. Kiara doesn't need to be held all day. Bt she would love to be and likes to let me know it :) and I am convinced she know how to stss me so I come running even when I know she is absolutely fine...monkey :)

Both K and I sick today :( big yucky cold. Awful.she has sad red watery eyes :(
We havent dtd at all!...have been too stressed, depressed or just knackered! :)

Helena, I'm sick now too. :( do you know if we can take anything for colds while breastfeeding? Also, what do you do for babies when they are sick? Camden doesn't have it yet but I am so paranoid he will get it!

I'm joining the cold club! I feel rotten today. :( We can take paracetamol.

He shouldn't get the cold because the antibodies to fight it are passed to him in your milk. If he does get it, it won't be as bad as how you have it. :)

Kiara managed to get it. I do still breastfeed her 60 or 70%. She is miserable.
I got a nasal spray the doctor suggested and I use saline locution to squirt up each nostril to loosen things. I then suck it out with a nasl vacuum thingy. She screams but it works. We also use a humidifier in her room at night.
Mostly its just treatment by as much milk as she can handle and so many cuddles I feel like we have been physically attached for days (we co slept last night too, she sleeps so much better that way).

She is due her second dTap vaccine tomorrow .will see if the doc thinks it is a good idea or not.

Lovely and sunny today, K has a dress and bare legs :) sooo cute :)

Get well soon girls xx

Hugs to all the sick mommies and congested babies. I am praying that neither Teagen or I catch a bug on the plane next week. Get well, all.

My MIL is the same. Just yesterday I was giving her a loft to her Wednesday night girls get together and she said "shall I drive and you hold Olivia in the car to save putting her in and out of her car seat?"
Hubby and I both said "um, that's illegal!"
She looked like we had attacked her personally and said "how ridiculous, we used to stick you in a basket on the back seat"

It did make me wonder if the older generations get all defensive like that because they feel like their choices are being attacked and we are saying they were crap mothers? :shrug:

I'm not saying she doesn't bug the hell out of me with her comments and that she should learn to keep her mouth shut sometimes :haha: but when you think about it, they were us once. They were told to do the things they did and now we are telling them that everything they did was wrong!

I bet anything we will be exactly the same in 20-30 years when our children have children!

I think you are right Jo. It's like we are saying WE know best. Ultimately I think there is so much advice out there its a bit much...babies need common sense. After all, we did all turn it ok.
But to hold a baby on your lap in the car!..lol

Hugs to all the sick mommies and congested babies. I am praying that neither Teagen or I catch a bug on the plane next week. Get well, all.

I am praying we are well by next week! When do you fly? We fly next Saturday morning.

We fly Tuesday night and then again on Saturday. We have one layover on Tuesday, but we don't change planes. The Saturday flight will be longer with a 90 minute layover and plane change.

Good Weekend, Everyone! I hope that everyone and their LO's are beginning to feel better. Life has been crazy around here as we frantically pack or throw out our belongings. Poor Teagen developed a nasty case of diaper rash that is quickly clearing up with liberal doses of desitin and frequent changes.

The carpet cleaners came yesterday and now the house smells awesome. Today my big project is to clear out and clean the kitchen. Tomorrow after church we are picking up the truck. Anything that we don't need is getting carted off to Goodwill. I managed to sell our washer and dryer last night. So now all we have left is 1 recliner. Hopefully someone will call and buy it today or tomorrow.

I packed our pots and pans so we will be living off take out for the next two days since I don't want to dirty the stove that I just cleaned. DH is excited that today is his last day at his current store. I am excited because I get my motorcycle back today. DH killed my battery while I was pregnant so the poor gal had to go spend a week at the shop. At least she'll be ready to hit the road once we reach Oregon.

DH is going to make his mom mad. I arrive late Tuesday night. Wednesday we have no plans. Thursday we travel 90 minutes south to visit friends and my nephew. Then on Friday we head north and visit different friends. He hasn't gotten the nerve to tell my MIL that she only gets one full day with Teagen because we fly out early on Saturday. I know my stress level has gone way down because it means we won't have to be around smokers. BIG sigh of relief.

That sounds like t will be hectic but a lot of fun. Ad good news on the reduced time with MiL...hoping she doesn't take the news too badly! I know mine would cry and make me feel bad...
However, when I go to the uk next weekend I am not even going to see my inlaws. They got two weeks of baby time when K was born and my family haven't even seen her yet so even though the inlaws are only 30 minutes away next weekend I shan't be visiting them...they know this and haven't dared say nothing yet...and if they try dn turn up at my parents, with my mum recovering from her cancer treatment, I will blow my top!...I don't think they would dare, but then again...

Both K and I feeling better from our colds today, but she is feeling a little delicate after her vaccine yesterday :( but I am so glad she is covered for whooping cough before we travel. Just the uk measles outbreak to worry about now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->