Valentines Babies, 2013!

It seems to be mostly in Wales at the moment, where in the UK are your parents?

They are in Suffolk Jo, but I am just wary of the airport and train from Gatwick to central London...hopefully the Welsh will be sticking to Cardiff airport!..

Forgot to say, Kiara at her 3 month checkup was 57cm and 5.4 kilos (12 pounds) :)
So pleased with her weight gain since she was only 2.5 when we left hospital. She was so upset yesterday, the day after the second dTap vaccine :( cried and screamed from z7pm until 11 with just a half hour pause :(

Hope you are all having a good weekend. We went to a big play center for our boys today. They were happy and there was a mini disco bit - Kiara loved the lights! I feel uh safer out and about now she is covered fr whooping cough. Usually the second jab is at 4 months but they brought it forward because of the outbreak.

That's true. Take a load of anti bacterial hand wash and don't let anyone touch her!!!

Oh Helena, I hope Kiara feels better soon!! :hugs:

Kellen, good luck with the trip! It sounds like a lot of fun, especially now that you've made plans away from MIL for a while :haha:

Hi Midnight!! Thanks for the well-wishes! How's Jade?

I'm struggling with a fussy baby today! It's ok though, because yesterday he started laughing, and today he was into a full-on chuckle! He sounds like a little old man... "huh, huh, huh, huh." It's the cutest thing ever:cloud9:

Oh wamommy I bet that makes up for the lack of sleep. A bit ;) well done max! :)
I am loving the smiles and mini giggles we get. My first baby didnt giggle until 5 months so we are lucky this time! It cheers me up so much when she smiles. Even if I am deeply down about my mum or being driven mad by a stroppy 5 year old (who can tantrum more than anyone I know) one baby smile and I am ok again :)

Oh Helena, I hope Kiara feels better soon!! :hugs:

Kellen, good luck with the trip! It sounds like a lot of fun, especially now that you've made plans away from MIL for a while :haha:

Hi Midnight!! Thanks for the well-wishes! How's Jade?

I'm struggling with a fussy baby today! It's ok though, because yesterday he started laughing, and today he was into a full-on chuckle! He sounds like a little old man... "huh, huh, huh, huh." It's the cutest thing ever:cloud9:

She is doing great, Thank you :) I love baby laughs. Jade shocks herself when she makes a new sound!

What a weekend we had!

Saturday was great...DH had to take his grandpa to his neighbor's birthday party, so I had the babies for the day. It was wonderful to be alone with them all day, I almost never get to spend that much time with them with work and everything. They were in great moods, I got loads of smiles and coos, and even a little giggle out of Gunnar.

Sunday started out kind of bad...I woke up at 4am with what felt like a stomach virus. I felt awful, but it seemed to go away within a couple hours. It may have been food poisoning...DH got me a sub sandwich and it sat out on the table for a few hours before I got the time to eat it. Anyway, since I had lost a few hours of sleep, I slept really late Sunday morning and was rushing to get the babies bathed before I went grocery shopping. When I got home, DH and I had a fight and everything went downhill.

It was so stupid. Gunnar had been spitting up and DH changed his clothes, then he spit up again and DH started to get really impatient and annoyed. Instead of lifting him upright and giving him a chance to digest a little, DH just kept laying him down to try to get him dressed, which made Gunnar spit up more, which made DH super pissed and he was swearing and saying "what's WRONG with you? stop barfing!" As if Gunnar was deliberately trying to inconvenience him. :growlmad: I would have taken over to give DH time to cool off, but Lily was very fussy and wouldn't go down for the night. I was nursing her and trying to get her to sleep, and I was getting more and more annoyed at DH but not saying anything. I knew he was short on patience so I just let it go.

He finally got Gunnar cleaned up and into bed, and then went into the kitchen to make himself something to eat. I was sitting there rocking Lily in the rocking chair, and he leans out of the kitchen and starts reading me the riot act for leaving a bottle on the counter with a little milk still in it. "You always do this...you can't leave milk in the bottles, it dries out and then it's really hard to clean." It sounded like he was trying to pick a fight, which he never does. Now, I always make a point of rinsing out the bottles after using them, and I didn't remember leaving any out, so I said, very non-confrontationally "I'm not sure what you mean, I don't remember leaving any milk in a bottle." I was just about to say sorry, I might have missed one, but before I could go any further he made this disgusted noise and said "Stop, don't start getting defensive. I don't know why you always think I'm criticizing you when I ask you to change your behavior..." I was mystified, because I wasn't defensive at all, and I tried to explain that I truly didn't remember leaving milk in a bottle, but that I certainly could have missed one. Then he walked over to where I was sitting and picked up the bottle I had JUST put down on the floor after trying to get Lily to eat a little and said really sarcastically "I suppose you didn't put this one there either, huh?" and stormed into the kitchen. I said "You don't have to be sarcastic, we can have a civil discussion," after which he just started spouting more nonsense about me getting defensive and "making excuses." I was already up 1.5 hours after I should have been in bed (I had to get up early this morning) because Lily wouldn't settle, and I just couldn't stand fighting anymore and said "Whatever. Just stop talking to me." He made another disgusted noise and didn't speak to me for the rest of the night. I was so upset that I cried for hours and didn't get to sleep until 3:30am. I kept trying to get him to talk to me but he just ignored me or gave me one word answers. I was completely miserable and even started thinking that maybe he and the babies would be better off if I were dead.

I got about 3 hours of sleep and I feel like shit today. I keep tearing up and just feel seriously depressed. I said goodbye to DH this morning and he was still sleeping and said "have a good day," so I don't think he's mad at me, but I just feel terrible. I don't know what he wanted me to say, and I don't know why he can't have an argument without resorting to sarcasm, disgust, and all those "you never" and "you always" comments. I hate fighting, and I never know how to fix it.

:cry:

I'm so sorry, Dragonfly! That sounds so tough :( :hugs: :hugs: Have you had a chance to talk to your DH today? I always say that anger is a secondary emotion, so if he's lashing out at you in anger it's probably because something else is going on. Maybe getting to the bottom of it will help? I'm not sure, but I felt so sad picturing you sitting there crying, thinking they would be better off without you! I'm sure if you told DH that it may put things in perspective for him, and a dirty bottle really wouldn't matter so much. You're a GREAT Mom, and probably just stressed and tired to the max. I don't think you deserved to be talked to like that, and I'm so sorry :( I hope things get better!

Thanks wamommy :hugs:

I texted him this afternoon "Do you still love me?" (I know that sounds pathetic, but I seriously felt like maybe he didn't, I've felt so awful all day)

And he texted me back "No, I don't 'still' love you."

I burst into tears and then I got another text...

"I 'energetically, dynamically, thoroughly, vivaciously, consumingly, ecstatically' love you."

:)

I immediately called him and told him never to scare me like that again lol. For a minute there my world ended.

I think we need to have a serious talk, because I still feel really miserable, although my stomach isn't tied up in knots anymore now that I know he's not mad at me. Something's wrong when we have a fight and I start feeling like maybe I shouldn't be alive :(

Oh dragon...Having a baby is tough, having two so mucH moRe so I am suRe...I bet he was just tired, bored and annoyed. We all lash out sometImes...and lack of sleep will account for how you feel. I get so teary when I haven't slept. It's impossible to keep emotions stable when we are so deeply tired. And that tiredness rarely happens with babies does it..
My husband does the "you always" thing too, even iF I haven't done whatever it is he is talking about in ages. Very annoying. I guess it is just the teenager in them complaining. He might as well just complain "it's not faaaair" like a grumpy surly teenager.

Don't over analyze? I bet you are both just super tired x x x x x

Dragon, I'm so glad your DH came around! What a nice text (well, the second one :winkwink:).

I'm having a paranoid freak out tonight... I get my thyroid levels tested every 6 months or so, but more during pregnancy. It's normal for them to fluctuate while pregnant and they just adjust my medicine accordingly. I didn't think much of it when my level came back off and they lowered my does last month. I was supposed to go back in 30 days and recheck. I went back last week and my TSH is almost GONE... meaning my thyroid levels are too high in my body, causing the pituitary gland to stop asking for more. This makes NO SENSE. I don't have a thyroid... my dosage of medicine is lower than it's EVER been in 20 years... so where is this hormone coming from?? I'm kind of freaking out. I had to go back in today for more blood tests to figure it all out. They're testing all of the different components of thyroid function, so I should know more tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully it's a lab error or something... I'll keep you posted, but please keep me in your thoughts!

Thinking of you Wamommy. Hopefully it was an error and all they have to do is apologise x

Dragon, I'm so glad Dh sent you such a nice text after how you were feeling! I hope you both can figure things out so you never feel like that again.

Wamommy, I am praying! How very scary! Keep us updated!

Thinking of you wamommy, surely it must be an error? Let us know xx

No phone call today! :( I was really hoping to hear back today, but it looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Thank you for the well wishes, and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I hear.

Preparing to fly to uk tomorrow. Who decided a 7am flight was a good idea!?
Am sure it will be a bit sad and emotional with mum, but can't wait for my family to meet Kiara and I as much as I adore my boys I am looking forward to some mummy and baby time without having to worry about the boys and new baby jealousy issues (son no 2 is still very unsure baby is a good idea..), although th fact baby gets to come with mummy will no doubt cause some issues in itself...

Love your new pic Jo!

Hope you hear back today wamommy x

Good luck with the flight, Helena. I hope you have a great trip! I'm sure everyone will be so happy to meet Kiara :D

I still haven't heard back from the Doctor, and it's been 72 hours! :growlmad: I'm going to call today at 3pm if I still haven't heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->