Valentines Babies, 2013!

Yay on the frer Dragon--can't wait to see the IC line, too. Post a pic!

Yes, helena, how is your mum doing?

It showed up within 10 minutes this time...can't get a very good picture of it, but I can see it in person:

Attachments

• IMG_20130823_144936.jpg
    IMG_20130823_144936.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
I can see it too! Are you going to hold out for FMU with the FRER? How lucky that she had one!

Oooh! I can see the line too! So exciting. Nice that there was already and FRER in the house.

I was never a test junkie. I think I've taken a whole 7 poas my entire life. 1 for a chemical. 2 for ectopic. 1 the month before trying to Teagen. 2 for Teagen. Okay, so my math was a bit off... 6. But watching other people test is addictive.

Teagen loves to watch other kids. We are trying to find some mommy/baby groups so she can interact with other little ones. There was a tiny 2 month old at the grocery store the other day and she was fascinated. I wouldn't dare let her get close to a smaller infant as she likes to grab as well. The poor cat is traumatized. She loved Teagen until my dad didn't hold Teagen's hand while letting her "pet" the cat. Thankfully the cat is a manx and doesn't have a tail... just long fur.

I see it! Frer ASAP!!

She is ok thanks Girls. She has has two months without treatment and is much happier, able to do a few little things about the house now rather than just sitting feeling exhausted. So that's great. She still isn't hardly eating so that's a massive worry, but she is happier and that's all we can want really I guess. Sill no idea on prognosis. She doesn't want to know, so we have to go with that.
Taking life one week at a time. And this week she is happier so I am happier.
Plans to visit her mid September after settling my boys into theirs new school.

Fingers and toes crossed for you dragon, I sense your heart is set on it now :)

I'm going to try REALLY hard to hold out for FMU with the FRER.

I know! I never considered that she might have one (she's 18 :huh:), but she said she skipped a period when she switched BC pills, and she got paranoid. I'm familiar with that feeling lol.

I'm sure I'll be taking another IC tonight if I have any hope of waiting until the morning to use the FRER. :haha:

Oh I will be waiting dragon :)

The boys are quite rough with Kiara at times, but she is tough and usually they just want to play..Sam (ds2) wasn't keen on her until she was 6 months. Now he loves her. Sometimes they love her a bit much. Many tight hugs... but i dont fully trust sam with her yet. there is still some jealousy and the posibility of a little nip here Or there.
and Teddy (ds1) does insist on carrying her and showing his friends how he can hold her and walk..hopefully he will go off that now she is getting bigger and wriggler and grabs his hair.
Lol, we have had issues with the door hanger too - she has had a good swing before...lol

Have updated my signature. Finally :)

Helena, I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is happier and doing well. It must be hard for you to not know the prognosis, but it's wonderful that you're so supportive :D Love the new sig too! I need to update mine, apparently :dohh:

Dragon, if you can hold off until the morning with t he FRER I think you'll get the best result, but I don't blame you for wanting to test again tonight with another IC. I will most certainly be checking back!!

Kellen, we have a couple of cats who adore the kids, but aren't too sure about the baby. Our big male cat actually BIT him the other day. DH freaked out and chased him around the house yelling at him :haha: He hasn't gone near the baby since!

We're heading out for another bike ride. The girls are loving it, and ask to go every day. I can't complain, since they sleep so much better after some exercise :D I need the walk too. The better they get at riding, the faster I have to walk, so it's getting to be quite a workout for me too! That reminds me, those last 5 pounds I have to lose may be here to stay :( I was so close! Ugh... I may have to watch my diet a bit this time around or I will be a house!

My sister gave me her test, and it's actually a First Response Gold Digital...not a FRER. Apparently it detects the same level of hcg as a FRER though. Anyone know if that's true?

It gives a "YES +" or "NO -" result. I'm terrified to take it! :shock: Definitely not using that tonight!

After a very quick search of the First Response website, apparently regular FRERs state "up to 6 days before" and the digital says "up to 5 days before" a missed period, so it might not be quite as sensitive? I'll do a little more research. Either way, I definitely think you should save it! Digitals are the best, right? There's no guessing! The only problem is, even if it says "no" you could still be preggo and it just didn't pick it up, yet. I say take that one the day you expect your period? I have no idea! LOL I'm just rooting for you!!

Did you tell your SIL what's going on, then? What did she say?

Ok, I was wrong! Apparently both FRERs are 25 miu, and I found some interesting stats.
The First Response Gold Digital Pregnancy Test claims to be 58 percent accurate four days before a missed period, but experts dispute that. An independent study measuring the accuracy of the claims of six home pregnancy tests shows the First Response Gold Digital is only 42 percent accurate at four days before an expected period. That rises to 68 percent accuracy at three days before and 100 percent accuracy three days after a missed period. Like all pregnancy tests, First Response Early Result assumes an approximate 28-day cycle. Women with longer cycles may take longer to build up enough hCG for positive testing, leading to a fairly high rate of false negatives.

So if you're 10 dpo it would only be 42% accurate, but 68% accurate tomorrow? Not bad!!

Sorry to blab on about it, but I read some reviews who said that as soon as you take it out of the package it's activated, so don't take it out until right when you want to use it!

I can't wait! I can... I will... because tonight wouldn't be as accurate, but I'm excited!

Oh ladies.. I'm at the ball game and called my Mum to see how Camden went down and she said he absolutely refused his bottle... (we feed him to sleep)... she tried over and over again and he kept refusing.... so he cried and cried... finally she was able to rock him to sleep. :( I just feel awful ladies... and I don't even want to be at the game any more. My poor baby was so upset he wouldn't eat! :( dh doesn't even seem to care... :( that bothers me too. :(

Oh Sierra, I'm so sorry :( How tough! Luckily you'll be home to cuddle him, soon. I know how hard it must be, and how you get a knot in your very heart when your baby is in distress. That said, I'm sure he'll be ok. It isn't all the time, and I'm sure your Mom did the very best she could to comfort him. :hugs:

Thanks wamommy. Yeah my mom is great... just hurts my heart.. we never go out and now we finally do and Camden has a bad night. :( I'm sure he'll be up a bit in the night because he will be hungry... and I'm actually looking forward to it so I can cuddle him. :)

Thanks for the info! I'll be 12dpo tomorrow, so the accuracy should be pretty high.

Yep, I told my sister that I might be pregnant. She said either way it would work out fine, so not to worry :)

I'm looking forward to a definitive answer!

Oh time differences are a pain..I am up and waiting ladies.. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->