Valentines Babies, 2013!

Interesting about the back thing! I don't sleep on my back anyway but I do recline on my sofa, I wonder if I need to stop doing that? :shrug:

I dunno..I am assuming so if we arent meant to lay on our backs..I am going to try the sideways sofa slump during tonight's soaps!

Jo: So true! I think becoming a Mother is also becoming a lifetime worrier- but so worth the trade. Glad to hear your energy is back!! After 3 months I bet it was surely missed.

Midnight: Thank you for the reassurance! I agree, I'm sure I am missing some of it- just figured I would have at least ONE that I knew was baby!!

Helena: Glad to know I am not alone. I have an appt. next Thursday, so hopefully I will get some peace of mind a few days early for you as well. I will be thinking of you & let me know if you have any changes! :hugs:

Wamommy: What a great idea- we should all post a halfway picture!! I am mad at myself for not taking more pictures along the way. Thanks for more comfort on movement, I know you feel sooner with each little one, so maybe I am behind with it being my first.

When are everyone's scans coming up?! :flower:

I am with you all- I cannot wait for it to be fall! The cool weather & less
revealing clothing is much welcomed in my mind right now. I feel like being pregnant through fall and winter will just be cozy, lovely, and romantic. :cloud9:

I am a compulsive back-sleeper and have invaded our bed with 4 additional pillows in an effort to stop this habit. I feel for my poor DH because he is a snuggler, but is finding it difficult since he has to fight with the pillows. My mom is awesome though and is getting me a pregnancy pillow for my birthday. So, we'll see how that turns out. She has a coupon she wants to use, but it isn't good until the 29th of this month.

My LO movements are becoming stronger every day. DH can feel "lump-like movements" as he describes them when LO is squirming around. Only a week to go until we find out what gender we are having.

I have kind of a funny story to tell about DH since I have the time and a captive audience... And I'm a bit bored at work...

On Saturday he calls me from work and asks if I want to go out dancing at a country club that night.
My response: "People smoke in there. Are you serious?"
His response: "Well, K (aka SIL) wants to know if I can go, but I don't want to leave you alone."
Me: "No, by all means go. I don't care if you go out dancing. I'll have a lovely night in. Take a bath, read a book and skip ahead on pre-recorded TV episodes that you haven't seen yet! Mwhahahaha!"
DH: "Is this a trap? One of those where the woman says: 'Go', but really means 'I will hate you forever'?"
Me: "No, honestly go. My only stipulation is that you are required to strip your nasty smoke filled clothing immediately as you step through the door. You will then put it in the washer. You will then shower before kissing me, hugging me or coming to bed. These are the rules."

Long story short, SIL got drunk and didn't want to leave until 3am. DH wanted to come home at midnight. He stripped and bathed per my requirements and then Febreezed himself down before climbing into bed. He was so sore the next morning he could barely lift his right arm. I laughed. He apparently wants to start doing ball room with me again instead of country-style swing dancing. And that is my long pointless story of the day.

Hahah Kellen!! What a nice pregnant move of you :thumbup: I have totally been cheating on watching series also! Hey, we need some perks. The smell of smoke is literally a nightmare, I like your rules!
How lovely your hubby can feel LO moving. I can't wait for that. Apparently our babies are 6 inches from crown to rump now- how amazing!! Remember the grain of rice days?! Seems like yesterday- Magic

Hey Nicole, I know that your LO will start letting you feel him or her pretty soon. I absolutely abhor the smell of cigarette smoke, which DH knows. However, we recently (18 months ago) moved from California where there is no smoking inside to Georgia where you can smoke inside bars.

This is going to be a knock-down drag-out fight with my in-laws though. DH is literally the only person in his family who does not smoke (he is #4 of 6). They are also confused as to why I am requiring everyone who wants to see or hold the baby to get re-vaccinated for Whooping Cough. No offense, I love them, but they are not the most educated. My MIL comes for a visit in 2 weeks. I have begun my anti-smoking around my baby campaign and have printed lots of material.

The sideways sofa slump is a good move :thumbup: I am currently doing this and all is good, apart from the slight puns and needles in my left arm, might have to swap ends of the sofa :haha:

19 weeks my darling sweet potatoes!!!!!! Yaaaaa!

Kellen: You will have to let me know what material you find! My SO still smokes and it is causing many fights between us. He has until New Years and then it is going to get real! Haha. Nobody that has smoked a cigarette that day is going to touch the baby- which will be a problem for my mother, who smokes often also. I am nervous about this.
Where in GA are you?! That's where I am too :hugs: Maybe we will be in the same hospital on the same day!?

Midnight: Your US looks just like mine!! My LO ALWAYS has that hand up in his face!

Helena: Doctor bumped me up to today, I will let you know what they say about movement!

Jo: I will need to try the couch method! Thankfully I am usually a side-sleeper, but I do lounge in bed on my back... for only one more week

Hi everybody :) I'm back from my business trip. It went pretty well, although four flights in two days + uncomfortable hotel bed = ridiculously tired and grouchy pregnant lady. Got home last night and slept like a rock!

Yay for 19 weeks! It's also my birthday :D

Happy Birthday, DragonflyWing!! I'm glad you're back and can relax a bit :)

19 weeks, yay!!! I remember 6 weeks like it was yesterday :dohh: Let's hope the rest flies by so we can meet our little ones!

Oh Nicole - lucky you getting an earlier appointment! Mine is next Friday. What did the doctor say? All good I hope?...xxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES WHIZZING OVER FROM FRANCE TO YOU DRAGON!!!

Hope the trip was a success, i remeber you were nervous of your presentation? X

Happy Birthday Dragonflywing!

Nicole, I live near Atlanta. Where in Georgia are you? If you are in the Metro area what hospital are you thinking of using?

Happy 19weeks people!

Happy birthday dragon xx

Not long til the rest of the gender reveals!! :wohoo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON FLY!!!! :hugs: I hope you LO's nudge you lots as birthday gifts!!

Helena: All went well! they did not seem concerned at all. They said after 20 weeks is totally normal. The also said he was sitting very low still, the uterus had not moved up- he is just cozy where he is! So that could be why I am not feeling as much too. Apparently quite common for the uterus to remain low in the first pregnancy, so no worries!!

Kellen: Me too! I am using Northside Hospital- They are wonderful for delivery. I was raised in Atlanta and almost everyone delivers there. They are also right across the street from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite- which is the best children's hospital in the South East- God forbid anything go wrong, it is a great place to have nearby!

Oh. Am glad for you!!! Glad your little man is cosy and safe. What a monkey - worrying mummy so soon!

..but this my third baby..roll on next Friday for my check up!

Thanks for letting me know xxxx

*edit two minutes later as I pulled myself into sitting upright on the sofa, so used my tummy muscles, POKE! about 5 cm to the left of my belly button. Maybe a cm below the belly button line...hope that's not too high. I swear it was baby. Shocked me so much I shouted out! Definate poke, no fluttering. Big poke.
Ooooooooooh i do hope it was baby!

My placenta is anterioir this time Helena so was told i was feel much less until later on. Maybe yours is the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->