Valentines Babies, 2013!

Hi. No the original doc said it as an infection, which was why the foot was big and purple. Today's seemed much better and addressed the cause of the infection which she said was a tiny white bit which she said was some sort of fungus. So I have creams. I don't think I should have ever been given the antibiotics, or at least I should have had the creams too. What a pallava. Maybe I picked something up in the garden n the summer, I tend to go barefoot a lot. No more!

Oooh massive news. Sitting watching tv and DH put his hand on my tummy. He swears he flt about 6 kicks or movements all within about 30 seconds! Meanwhile i felt nothing really except a mild feeling of pressure like maybe something was in there rummaging about..
I am wondering if for some reason I am just not feeling baby...like maybe because of the previous 2 sections. After the ops i have always had some numb areas outside on my tummy so maybe it is the same inside?!
Ether way, DH swears it was happening, he even shouted out in excitement!!! :)

Great news about the foot and wonderful that DH felt baby! X

Woohooo!!! Hurray for movement, Helena! That's amazing that DH could feel it!
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with your foot again, but it sounds like this Dr may have found the root of it. I hope it stays away for good!

I made the massive mistake of weighing myself this morning and I've gained 3 pounds this WEEK!!! I'm telling myself it's water weight or something temporary, but 3 pounds in one week??? Ugh, hide the scale, I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

Wamommy - it's three pounds of juicy pink baby! Delicious :)
I know, I almost didn't believe DH when he said he could feel baby, but he is adamant and said it wasn't even a little movement it was really giving him a wallop!
Will ask doc on tuesday if it's possible my previous ops have desensitized me, or given e numb areas inside (as i have outside)which would account for the fact I have only felt 3 definite big pokes but no little movements, maybe only the big ones get through to my senses?!
Jo you have inspired me. Tonight it is pie for tea!! Yum yum yum. Bring on pie and x factor! :)

Enjoy your pie!!

We are having lasagne. I just finished making it (properly from scratch) popping that in the oven in a minute in time for xfactor. :thumbup: boot camp!

You make lasagna from scratch? Ugh, I need to take a cooking class! LOL I can bake cakes/pies/cookies, but nothing healthy, unfortunately. I made the coolest cake for my Mom's birthday this afternoon. I'll take a pic and post it later. My 2 daughters picked their favorite colors for the cake, and it looks nuts.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! Who has scans coming up this week?? I'm getting excited for everyone!

It's quite simple really, I do love to cook though. Mainly savoury stuff, my sister does lots of cakes and pastries, yummy!

Oh yes! Would love to see a pic of the cake!

I have the big 20 week anatomy scan this Wednesday! Very excited to see how they're growing :)

Sorry to hear your foot is acting up again, helena, but glad that they seen more on top of it this time! I hope this solves the problem for good.

I did end up going to the buffet on Friday, and regretted it! I was so full that I almost had to tell DH to pull over on the way home so I could throw up. Luckily I made it and didn't get sick, but I was miserable for hours! I just can't seem to judge how much my stomach can hold anymore.

I am with you on that dragonfly - I was so uncomfy after the worlds largest pie yesterday!!..seemed a great idea at the time...

I have a docs appointment on Tuesday but doubt he will scan much more than to check the heartbeat..I will still ask if he can take a quick look at which sex though!!...one more week until the big scan for me :) enjoy Wednesday Dragon!

Happy today as I have a very wriggly baby since 6am! (from 7 would have been preferable but having hardly felt anything so far I am delighted even at 6am!).
It seems my super quiet baby has decided to make an appearance little by little over the weekend and today he or she is making itself felt much more. DH has felt baby on about 3 occasions now. What a difference a few days makes!!!

Good Monday Everyone!

Helena - so glad that your baby finally decided to make an appearance.

Dragon - I too have my anatomy scan on Wednesday.

I think I am becoming paranoid at work. Last Thursday my boss pulled my cube-mate away into the back conference room to discuss some changes: "So you won't be blind sided."
Then on Friday I went to heat up my lunch and three of my co-workers were hovering around a door talking. As I walked past one said: "Oh, glad I said that before she was behind me."
Then today I found the evaluation forms for a big conference that I am semi-in charge of putting on. Instead of my information at the bottom they (being the attendees) are being asked to fax them to my boss.
Am I over thinking this? I haven't said anything to DH because I don't want him to worry. I know I haven't been as "on the ball" as normal, but I'm pregnant. I know I've made a couple of screw ups over the past couple weeks, but nothing major. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells and everyone else knows what is happening but me.

Oh no Kellen, can you maybe speak to your boss about it?

I feel super awkward and I really don't want to burst into tears. I love my job, but I'm the newbie. I've only been here since April. He is really nice and I hate to disappoint people. I'll probably just keep my head down and do my work. If it is a disciplinary problem then I'll handle it.

Oh Kellen--I hope it's really nothing! I know how things like that can make us all so nervous!

Helena---so awesome that baby is so wriggly! Yesterday I sat on the couch and baby was as wriggly as I've ever felt it! For a good 30 minutes all it did was move! :) It makes me so happy! But, DH still can't feel anything---even when I put his hand right on the spot baby is moving. I'm hoping he will feel it in a week or so. . .

Anyone else's DH feeling or not feeling baby?

oh bless you Kellen. Maybe it is best to keep your head down and get on with it. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. They may just be making changes that don't affect you? :hugs:

Sierra - I've felt tickles, hubby hasn't felt it yet. He has been talking to it though and yesterday he was talking to it and the baby was wriggling around and tickling me like mad, until I couldn't bear it any more! It was like the two of them were ganging up on me!

oh bless you Kellen. Maybe it is best to keep your head down and get on with it. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. They may just be making changes that don't affect you? :hugs:

Sierra - I've felt tickles, hubby hasn't felt it yet. He has been talking to it though and yesterday he was talking to it and the baby was wriggling around and tickling me like mad, until I couldn't bear it any more! It was like the two of them were ganging up on me!

That's so precious! My DH is a little shy when it comes to talking to the baby. .. I'm not sure how to bring that out of him. . .maybe we should start reading to the baby or something. . .

Update: Apparently something that I thought I screwed up on was deemed: A fantastic job and perfect answer! I had gotten an email this weekend from a guy who is friends with my boss. He was being a bit of a smarty. It was about something that I had authorized and didn't (at the time) feel the need to notify anyone of (because it is my project). But he CC'd my boss so I was worried. Well, I sent a very professional sounding email back this morning, copying my boss. He just came in and told me I'm doing very well and to keep up the good work.

Sierra, Jo - Sorry to hear that you DH's haven't been able to feel little one yet. Mine definitely did this weekend. He was chasing it around my belly. You could actually see a little lump moving around. Wherever DH would put his had the baby would move away from... They kept this up for a good 5 minutes.

Every other night DH and I have been reading to our baby. DH wants to get a pair of headphones for the belly and make recordings so that the baby can hear him when he isn't around. One of his friend's read to their wife's pregnant belly and when the baby was born and heard Daddy's voice he actually turned towards him. This has motivated my DH to try to be super connected.

Nicole - I chose the waterbirth option because I have a very serious latex allergy and being in hospitals makes me nervous. I also hate taking any medication and want to do this as naturally as possible (ei I refuse to take anything for a migraine unless DH forces it upon me). Waterbirth can also help reduce the potential for tearing. Our midwife is the only one certified in the area and has a super low rate of needing intervention. And if anything goes wrong the hospital maternity ward is literally just around the corner.

Sierra - so was mine, but I keep on at him saying I want baby to recognise his voice when it comes out and want it to know him better than anyone else I talk to regularly. That spurred him on. He doesn't say much, just kind of talks rubbish really, but it's cute :D

Kellen - oh that's good! Do you think that maybe the people talking were jealous or something? Maybe you've been doing such a good job that they are a little put out? That is the better option and obviously not something to worry about!

Sierra - so was mine, but I keep on at him saying I want baby to recognise his voice when it comes out and want it to know him better than anyone else I talk to regularly. That spurred him on. He doesn't say much, just kind of talks rubbish really, but it's cute :D

Kellen - oh that's good! Do you think that maybe the people talking were jealous or something? Maybe you've been doing such a good job that they are a little put out? That is the better option and obviously not something to worry about!

Jo - I hope so. I think everyone is a little put out that I'm having a baby as well. Our other boss just went out on maternity leave and had a beautiful baby girl. I think it kinda rubs one gal (the one who made the nasty comment) that I've only been here for a few months and will still be able to take full leave with compensation. Or maybe I can be positive and imagine that they were planning a surprise shower for me...:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->