Valentines Babies, 2013!

Helena, glad baby is looking good! that's looking like team pink if you have 2 opinions saying likely, lets hope the 3rd opinion is a solid one!

Kellen, excited to find your team out tomorrow!! I'm Thursday :happydance:

Wamommy, so glad you are feeling a bit better, let's hope that doesn't happen again!

Sierra, I would say what others have already said I think. If it were my sister and I had the room, I think I would let them stay, set the rules from the beginning and save the extra cash. Everyone has a different approach but many people have their baby in with them for the first weeks or months, so the nursery (however much your plan and wish was to get it ready well in advance) could wait, it doesn't have to be an urgent requirement. Having said that, I too have a plan and would feel a bit on edge if my plan changed suddenly. Hope you find an answer that you are happy with. It could be a massive help having them there? But then it might not :(

Thank you ladies so much! I really appreciate your thoughts and advise on this! Now. . .to talk to DH! ;)

Kellen and Jo_Bean, I didn't realize you had scans this week!! Woohoo :D I can't wait to hear which team you're on, and how baby is doing.

Thanks! :yipee:

24 hours until we leave for the scan!! I'm very excited. Baby better not have it's legs crossed or mummy will not be very pleased!! :haha:

Any decisions made sierra? Emotions high here. Firstly set off by DH liking a friends profile pic on FB - of her splayed out in a bikini. He says it was accidental, and I believe him, it is easily done on a touch screen ipod, but I got so upset. Then he admitted the for a second her was almost disappointed we may be team pink. I kind of know what he means, it scares me a bit since its a whole new world and I know how gorgeous baby boys are. The idea of venturing into the world of all things pink and sparkly doesnt always appeal, we are so used to tractors! But that said, it ks suer exciting and it will alance our family and be a brilliant new adventure. He says that feeling of almost disappontment was just a second and now he is still just as excited as always by that moment of doubt set my emotions off again...jeeze, I wish I could get a grip. Am not usually so needy, but cried at breakfast today about bikini lady and things not being as perfect as they were yesterday.. Even my 4 year old came and hugged me to say don't be sad mummy.
I don't think i was all helped by the kids waking me about 4 or 5 times in the night!..

Must get a grip. This needy me that shows her face every now and then I don't like! A d DH probably wishes he hadn't even told me how he felt, but I love him for being honest, and I fully understand, I even feel the same, so why do I get my knickers in such a twist?! Pregnancy hormones are bonkers...

Aw babe. I would have felt the same. It's a bit embarrassing when it's someone you know, even though it probably was an accident.

I guess with the emotions, I've had times like that where it probably wouldn't have mattered what hubby said, I would have felt a wobble anyway. The lack of sleep won't help. You are allowed to have a down day though, even if you feel that way for a second about baby, it doesn't matter because when she or he is here, they will be loved whatever.

It's funny what goes through our minds and I think those of us that usually hold it all together and are quite chilled in life, generally are harder on ourselves if we have a wobble.

I say, if you need a cry then cry and get hubby to give you a massive hug and tell you everything is going to be ok - just tell him that's what you want and I'm sure he will oblige :hugs:

Thanks Jo. And I do really want team pink, guess am just a bit daunted..but I was hoping for pink.and I can't wait to get it confirmed and tell everyone! And DH felt pink. It's all crazy. Am baking a cake, that will help.
Thanks x

Helena, I would have been a mess over bikini lady too. Pregnancy hormones can be so tough to handle! I agree with Jo, that you should tell hubby to give you some love and comforting, and support you through this emotional time!

As for team pink, I totally get it. I want this baby to be a boy so badly, but then I think about it and also feel daunted. I don't know what in the heck to do with a boy! I LOVE having girls, and am afraid I wouldn't bond as much with a boy. That said, everyone around me would be SO disappointed with another girl, that I'm feeling tremendous pressure to join team blue... ugh. Why does it have to even matter? But truth is, it DOES, and emotions surrounding gender are real and understandable. I just know you'll be such an amazing mom to either gender, and completely up to the challenge of tackling a new (pink!) horizon. For now, enjoy your cake!

Thanks girls.

Hey Jo, just spotted your scan is tomorrow! You must be soooooo excited!!

Just out of interest, what flavour cake is it? I am really craving cake at the moment :haha:

Yes! :yipee: I am very excited! The scan is at 08:30 UK time :):) 1 more sleep! I feel like it's pink but then I'm not sure if I've gone team pink because I know that some of the family would love a boy and so I've leant towards pink because of that and the number of gender predictions I've done seem to point towards pink. In truth I think I literally have no idea! It's the first grandchild on both sides so I am lucky I don't feel too much pressure either way really, they are just all over the moon that they are getting a grandchild!

Hello ladies , it has been long, life has been hectic at the office and the second trimester 'blooming' hasnt kicked in as I am super tired.:cry:
Good to know evetyone is doing well and for those who are not doing so well, hope u get better soon!

Well the wait is over for me finally over for me.:cloud9: Just had the 20 week scan and all is well and the 'lil poser' as the lady who did the scan called her is really doing well. baby was moving all the time and we managed to get a wave and see he sucking her thumb. no anomalies detected:happydance::happydance:. and due date moved to 11th of feb.

Gender....mmmm it was a difficult one the first impression was 'looks like you are having a girl' and then the after a few checks 'oh hang on am not so sure now it may be a boy' and then she had to check the chambers of the babies heart bcoz she said she could only see 3 and they should be 4.Was instructed to go and empty my bladder and jump up and down for 2 minutes ....apparently that makes the baby change position!

Came back and the baby was in a different position and all we could see were the shadows od the spinal cord.The lady was more interested in the 4th valve of the heart and silly me was more interested in the gender.In the end she said 'as I am not so sure now let me check for any 'boy bits' and in the end she said she didnt see any boy bits and said 'I hope I am not wrong but I think its a girl and that is what she typed on her records ..........................so yes Its team Pink!:cloud9::cloud9:

Congrats kim! And did she find her last heart chamber?

oh Jo, make sure to come on and tell us ASAP tomorrow! I am voting team blue for you. 8.30 is a great time - no hanging about all day trying not to obsess! Mine is 9am next eek, am happy with that.

It was just a sponge cake, with a big fat layer of jam.
Half demolished by me and my boys now.

Oh just to add, going back to me ( how self obsessed!?) DH was super nice about it all this morning, was literally hi hugging one side and 4 year old on the other side. Love my boys. Pity they have a hormonal loon in the family right now! :)

I will do of course!

aw, that's sweet though Helena. They obviously know you very well and knew you just needed a hug :cloud9:

Yum to cake! I had 2 raisin swirl pastries this morning :blush:

Good Morning Ladies!

I am at work, but not very functional. We have our scan at 1330 EST today so I've got 5.5 hours to go. I'll be leaving work in 4 due to the lovely traffic here in Atlanta.

I am really hoping for team pink. This will be my mom's first grandbaby, my dad's 7th and my in-law's 20-something-th (this is what happens when you marry a guy with 5 siblings that all started really young...).

Both my sisters and all my husband's siblings had boys first. I'd like to be different have a girl first. I am, however, beginning to become tired of his family asking me when we are going to have our second one. Could I please just have this baby first? As an only child I'm not opposed to stopping after just one. :)

Congrats kim! And did she find her last heart chamber?

oh Jo, make sure to come on and tell us ASAP tomorrow! I am voting team blue for you. 8.30 is a great time - no hanging about all day trying not to obsess! Mine is 9am next eek, am happy with that.

It was just a sponge cake, with a big fat layer of jam.
Half demolished by me and my boys now.

Oh just to add, going back to me ( how self obsessed!?) DH was super nice about it all this morning, was literally hi hugging one side and 4 year old on the other side. Love my boys. Pity they have a hormonal loon in the family right now! :)

I think she finally did find the 4th valve Helena.......God knows pregnant hormones kicked in and i probably didnt hear the confirmation!!!!

Nice that your DH came round.

Good Morning Ladies!

I am at work, but not very functional. We have our scan at 1330 EST today so I've got 5.5 hours to go. I'll be leaving work in 4 due to the lovely traffic here in Atlanta.

I am really hoping for team pink. This will be my mom's first grandbaby, my dad's 7th and my in-law's 20-something-th (this is what happens when you marry a guy with 5 siblings that all started really young...).

Both my sisters and all my husband's siblings had boys first. I'd like to be different have a girl first. I am, however, beginning to become tired of his family asking me when we are going to have our second one. Could I please just have this baby first? As an only child I'm not opposed to stopping after just one. :)

All the best for your scan Kellen.....I know the feeling, I had to go to work before the scan and I think my productivity was actually negative!

Ha ha family should atleast let you get through and enjoy the first one before they start asking!!!

Kim, thanks. Yep, DH is the last one to get hitched and have a baby. He took his time with it though. We are the first couple not to be pregnant A) before the wedding, B) during the wedding or C) immediately following the wedding. We waited two years because we wanted time for ourselves. Now we feel secure in our jobs, our marriage and life in general.

I think time is moving backwards today. I swear it was 8:40 a minute ago and now it is 8:35... When I'm excited I tend to zoom through my work and be more efficient. So efficient that I finished this weeks projects yesterday. I guess I could always head down to the basement and start on the give-aways for the conference next week...

Hello ladies!

Helena--I'm glad things are looking better, but I would have been soooo angry about the bikini lady---even if it's an accident!

Congrats Kim! How exciting!!!

Jo and Kellen---let us know as soon as you can!! I'm just overjoyed hearing everyone's genders! I've got 6 days to find out ours.

As for the sister-thing, DH and I had a long talk last night---and both of our hearts were telling us that even though it will be hard and uncomfortable, we want to help out my sister and her family. So we told her last night that they can live with us. She was SO relieved (she's been really stressed about it all). She said they are still going to look for other places to live, but it's great to know we'll be there for them if they can't find anything. I feel better about it, though DH and I both have apprehension about their 3 cats and a ferret moving in with us, too. We feel our cat might have a mini-heartattack over the competition she'll now face in the family since she wouldn't be queen of the house anymore. . . lol. . .but she'll have to get used to that with the baby anyways. :) I told my sister we'll discuss details later, but DH and I are going to ask them to be out by January 10th. That'll give us a month (hopefully) to get settled before the wee one makes an appearance. :)

So. . .feeling much better. DH tried so hard last night to feel lo, but still couldn't. It was kicking away in there, but DH couldn't feel it at all---he even put his head on my belly to see if he could hear it! Nothing yet. . . I hope soon. He so badly wants to feel what I feel. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->