Valentines Babies, 2013!

Nicole- I feel pretty good! My only complaints are that it's a little uncomfortable to sleep as the belly gets bigger, also more difficult to stand/walk for long periods (I have meralgia paresthetica- babies are pressing a nerve that makes my thigh go numb! Not dangerous, just annoying). I'd rather do the second trimester 3 times rather than go back to the first!

We have little girl's first name picked out, but we're having trouble with her middle name and little boy's name. We can't agree on anything!

So many team pink! Congrats ladies!!!
Kellen - I thik it s the daunting side of having a daughter and future boyfriends etc that kind of worries my DH deep down too... Must've be tough knowing how t all works from sided the male brain!....

Blue_Bear, congrats on team PINK!! Oh my goodness, there are a lot of girls on this thread!

Jo_Bean, URGH that baby wouldn't cooperate, but YAY that he/she is healthy!

Midnight, hurray for another girl! I'm glad they were able to tell you for sure!

I've been trying to keep the first page updated as the scans roll in, but let me know if I forget anyone! I listed you as :yellow: on the first page, Jo, FOR NOW... I'll update it on the 22nd :D

I agree with Nicole about posting 20 week pics! I'll take some this morning and post them if I get up the nerve. I'm feeling quite a mess today, but if anyone would appreciate/understand, it's you ladies!

So got in really badly fitting pj's so will take pics tomorrow :)

Were doing ok for names as had a girls name picked out for last time...still time to change my mind i guess!
We found boys names really tough but shortlisted three and choose Joshua when we met him :)

DH keeps mentioning that he wants to take a "middle of the long-road" picture, but whenever we have the camera around neither of us remember. I suppose I could play around with the new camera I just got at work... all in the name of knowing how to take pictures for the conference next week!

I got bored... so I thought I'd give you guys some visual entertainment.

The first picture is of our little girl's profile. It is quite obvious that she has my nose. Which I told my husband, upon meeting him 4 years ago, that if he ever wanted to have children with me he must like my nose as it will be duplicated on any and all of my offspring :haha: It is a very strong genetic trait.

The second two pictures are off my blossoming bump. I decided to play around with my new work camera for your benefit. I'll have DH take some bare-belly pics tonight!

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P9270003.jpg
    P9270003.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P9270001.jpg
    P9270001.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 6
https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_5DA26665.jpg

Sorry, can't seem to turn it round!...

Kellen and Helena, you have inspired me! You look GREAT! I had DH take some pics just now. I think I'll be huge by the end!

Attachments

• 20weeks!.jpg
    20weeks!.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
Oh you look great wamommy! Not much between us!

I feel like I should redo my pictures so that my hands are also supporting my back. You two look fantastic!

Congrats Midnight and Blue Bear for peam pinks, it must be the year for girls! and Nicole on Blue ...trying to keep the scales a lil bit balanced!! Jo atleast you get to get another view of the lil one and the gender ....only at a later stage than you thought.Good thing baby is healthy! Saying that though not to scare anybody or put us all in disbelief and wonder the accuracy of the scans one of the ladies in my office conceived through IVF.20 week scan she was told its a girl then she had a private gender scan at 26 weeks which confirmed a girl.And because it was IVF she got an additional scan at 34 weeks or so and said to the sonographer i know i am having a girl can you just check for me .Sonographer checked and said I cant dispute the other 2 scans but i hope whatever you have bought you have kept your receipts.She delivered a healthy baby BOY this morning. she had splashed on pink and unfortunately she had removed the tags and washed the clothes .mmmmmmmmm

Bump pick attached not so clear as i took it myself bcoz DH is still shy to even take fotos

Attachments

• I phone Pictures Sept 016.jpg
    I phone Pictures Sept 016.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
  • I phone Pictures Sept 129.jpg
    I phone Pictures Sept 129.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Cute bump Kim, and an adorable baby.

I'm not a huge fan of pink to begin with so we've asked people to buy sensibly and don't worry about gender. We have two huge bags of 0-18 mo clothes coming from a friend who saved all her of baby clothes. These clothes barely look worn so I'm not going to be spending much - if at all - on baby clothes.

On another note my MIL was supposed to be coming for a visit a week from today... this would be the evening I get back from a 3 day conference that I'm in charge of planning and implementing. I love her dearly, but I was not looking forward to the house-cleaning blitz that was going to need to take place this weekend and then try to convince DH to keep it clean and clutter free while I was gone.
Thankfully she has decided that she can't come. Unfortunately this is due to my SIL having broken her neck a month ago. So now my poor MIL has my SIL, her three kids and 2 other grandkids living with her... in a 3 bedroom house with 1 bathroom. Just a note they are crazy if they don't think we are getting a hotel for Christmas.

Great bumps ladies! It looks like we're all about the same size! Here's my photo---forgive the not-so-good shot. . . I am at work and had to snap a photo quick before anyone saw me and wondered what the heck I was doing! :haha:

Anyone else not dtd as much as you used to? I just read something that said my libido should be pretty high at 20 weeks.. . but I just am SO tired after work that I don't want to do anything (still!). I've mentioned it to DH several times, but it seems like when he is ready to do it, I'm about half asleep. . .so we just haven't lately. . . I feel really bad about it. :(

Attachments

• 20w.jpg
    20w.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
We havent dtd as much either, my energy is ok in the day while he is a work but by evening I am also not in the mood. Ah well...he doesn't seem to mind, he is usually tired after work too...I guess this is how things will be when we have 3 kids too! Lol x

We haven't been either, and I feel bad about it. I did surprise him yesterday morning since the baby woke me up kicking before the alarm went off. But at night I'm in bed by 9 and he doesn't come until 11. He tried waking me up once... it did not end well for him. I feel horrible because all of his friends were telling him stories about their wives' second trimester and how they all turned into sex fiends day and night. Not me. :(

We haven't been dtd much at all...I think we did about 5 times very early in the first trimester (before the nausea kicked in), and twice in the second trimester so far. I just never seem to be in the mood. Either I'm tired, or nauseous (seems to be making a reappearance!), or just plain uncomfortable...sex never seems appealing to me.

I'm glad it's not just me! I have VERY little interest in dtd, and luckily my DH doesn't even bring it up any more. Poor guy :haha:

Cute bumps!! It's so fun to see everyone grow! It's chilly here today with a bit of rain, and I'm wearing a warm, comfy big sweater for the first time. It feels GREAT. I see why people look forward to being pregnant in the winter. My last daughter was born in October, and being super pregnant in the summer isn't a ton of fun. There's nothing better than a warm sweater, a cup of decaf, and a little wiggler bouncing around in my tummy! Today is a good day :D

I'm glad I'm not alone!! I feel a little less guilty knowing other pregnant women's DH's aren't getting any either! lol. I'm going to try to be a bit more assertive when I have energy. . . but that's very hard to do! ha!

My nausea popped back a bit today too! Made internal organs are getting a bit squished in there?!

Treated myself to a trip to the hairdressers today - cut and color. I felt a right mess, tired, pregnant and hair bleched a horrid colour after the summer. Only after I had it dne did I start to feel a bit conerned about the color...I did tell them I was pregnant so she used something which she said was natural..but it didn't smell natural...still, should be ok in second tri I hope?!!!!...little monkey in my tummy has been quiet this afternoon, but then again I am still not getting lots of kicks...will eat chocolate tonight and poke around a bit (not that I want the chocolate you understand..it's just to get the baby wriggling to settle my mind you know...not that I looooooove chocolate!.....:blush:)

DH out this evening so it's me, the tv and a pizza. And my medicinal Chocolate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->