Valentines Babies, 2013!

Good luck for the scan sweetie :D
Yes to the water! I think the distraction of seeing baby helps. I had to empty my bladder half way through because of baby being stubborn and having it's legs crossed. But usually they let you go as soon as you finish in the scan :thumbup:

I know you are probably in the scan right now. (Hooray!) But I also had a very full bladder when I had my scan. Once they let me off the table I was more excited to use the bathroom than to finally know the gender of my child.

Can't wait to hear about the scan!!

Have you all been discussing names yet? DH and I have finally come to a decision for both babies! :D

Little girl will be Lilja May (pronounced lily-a), and little boy will be Gunnar Jeremy. DH has strong Norwegian ancestry, and wanted Scandinavian names...I had to talk him out of Magnus and Berger Axel for the boy! :wacko: Seriously? Berger Axel! May was DH's grandmother's name, and Jeremy was my brother who died at birth. We thought it would be nice to honor family with the middle names.

Lovely names Dragon xxxx

We can't agree on any at the moment, so are hoping that when we have our next scan we'll find out and only have to think of one name!

Love the names Dragon! Lila, so unusual and pretty.
I haven't told anyone our names, but we are thinking ***sorry, deleted as keeping secret for now and changing mind every 3 minutes ***. as with Dragon, middle names are from our family. But it's all a secret, so shhh ;) x
Sierra, how's it going???.....xx

Sierra, I hope the scan is going well, and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

DragonflyWing and Helena, those are all beautiful name choices! We haven't even begun discussing it. DH says to wait until we know the gender. He "says" I can choose the name this time, but we'll see :winkwink:.

Kellen, I've had a couple of those round ligament moments. I was lifting something the other day and it felt like an electric shock hit me in the tummy, above where baby is. It was so weird! I tend to get it if I twist or lift.

Sierra, I hope everything is going okay. We are all anxiously awaiting your results.

As for names DH has a very strong opinion about what he wants to name the baby: Kristy Renee.

My direct supervisor's name is Kristy and it just seems "too girly" and too popular for my taste. The reason he is stuck on this name is because he went to high school with a girl by this name and she died in a tragic accident that he blamed himself for for a long time.
So I understand the emotional attachment, but not for me. There are 14 years between us so at the time this happened I was a whole 3 years old...

I am personally wanting to name her Kathleen Rae and call her Kat for short. Kathleen is my MILs middle name and Rae is my mom's middle name. I think it is cute. Because I know that DH would never go for Spencer... which is my first pick.

Hello everyone!! I am FINALLY back at the computer! And we are completely 100% BOY!!!!! There wasn't any uncertainty at all---our little guy was flashing his stuff so proudly that we saw ALL of his boy parts! haha. :) I'm in absolute love already! And COMPLETELY shocked! I had a feeling it was a boy, and I kept calling it a "he", but when she said we're having a SON, I had to triple check to make sure I heard her correctly! (I come from a family of 3 sisters, and each of my sisters have a daughter---so everyone just assumed I'd have a daughter as well!). DH is so so SO PROUD! (He thinks he's done a mighty good job!) :haha:

Baby is super healthy---no abnormalties or anything detected.

I have a very low lying placenta, which if it doesn't move, will put me at risk for bleeding during pregnancy and possibly a c-section. However, the midwife is 99% sure it'll move as my uterus expands and we won't have problems. BUT, the good news is that I get another scan in 3rd trimester to double check the placenta! So, YAY extra scan! :)

Oh---and the cramps---nothing to worry about unless I'm bleeding as well. Our little one is as healthy as can be! :)

We have a first name picked out, but still no middle name. And DH won't let me tell anyone (even online friends :( ) until after baby is born. . . so sorry. :( (I'm a blabber, so I really really want to spill, but I promised DH!)

Congratulations honey :yipee: team :blue: that evens things up a bit! So pleased that everything is wonderful! Couldn't be more happy for you xxx

YAY Sierra!!! SO happy it went well, and congrats on team :blue:!!! I'm sure your placenta will move on up, and it's a great excuse to see your little man again before he makes his big debut. :D

My scan is early tomorrow morning, and I'm so worried about it I feel like I could throw up! Hearing amazing scan results from you guys helps me think all will be fine. One more sleep... *shakes with excitement and dread*

YAY Sierra!!! SO happy it went well, and congrats on team :blue:!!! I'm sure your placenta will move on up, and it's a great excuse to see your little man again before he makes his big debut. :D

My scan is early tomorrow morning, and I'm so worried about it I feel like I could throw up! Hearing amazing scan results from you guys helps me think all will be fine. One more sleep... *shakes with excitement and dread*

Oh wamommy! Don't be worried! I'm sure it will go just excellently!!! It's such an amazing process to see! I'm excited for you!!!!

Yay Sierra, little boys are so lovely!!! (trust me, I feel I am a bit of an expert!) congratulations!!

Wamommy, don't be scared, it will be an amazing day! Xxx

Congratulations on team blue, Sierra!! That's so exciting!

wamommy, try not to worry too much, I'm sure everything will be great! :hugs:

I'm leaving for my scan in about a half hour!! (it's only 7:30am here) I didn't sleep a wink last night. My DH says I"m crazy to worry so much. He said to me this morning, "I'm not worried, I'm positive the baby is a perfectly healthy little girl." I've honestly not thought much about gender today, and instead am panicking about baby's health. I don't know WHY. I'm not usually such a worrier. I really, really hope it isn't some sort of intuition.
Argh, I'm such a whiner!! Thank you all for your well-wishes, and I should be back in a couple hours with a (hopefully) wonderful update!

Oooh enjoy!!! See you later xx

My hubby and I were really sniping at each other the morning of our scan. I'm sure now that it was because we were both nervous. Everything will be fine xxx thinking of you and can't wait for an update!

Can't wait for your update, wamommy!

DH finally felt movement last night!! We were snuggling in bed and he was chasing the little lumps and bulges around my belly for the longest time before he actually felt one of them move. He got such a kick out of it, it was really sweet.

We were marvelling over how huge my uterus is already...I'm feeling kicks all the way up by my ribs, and I can feel the sides of my uterus extending all the way to either side of my abdomen. There's pretty much nowhere to go but OUT now! It's kind of exploded over the last week or so.

Haha! Just as I was typing that, I felt a huge kick just under my ribs on the left, so I put my hand there and Lilja kicked twice more in the same spot, I even saw my hand move with each one! Those were the strongest kicks yet!

wamommy-good luck! I can't wait to hear about how GOOD your scan goes! :)

Dragon--that's adorable!!! My uterus is just about even with my bellybutton, but I can feel my sides expanding, too. I can't see any lumps, yet, but I can feel them. I LOVE being pregnant!

Anyone else picking out nursery decor? Since my sister is moving in soon, we are trying to paint the nursery before she moves in---but I want to pick out the decor in order to pick out the nursery color! haha! Right now, DH and I are really liking a turtle/frog theme, a bee theme, and a plaid theme. I can't decide between each one. :)

I'm back from my scan, ladies, and it was AMAZING!!! Baby looks beautiful and healthy, measuring about a week ahead (but they aren't moving my due date) and we found out which gender we're having. I have to use ALL of my self control not to tell you guys what team we're on, because DH and I want to tell my mom before anyone else. We see her on Monday, so I'll have to wait to share our news until then!! Honestly, what matters most is that baby looks super happy and mellow in there. Baby was doing the weirdest yoga pose through half of the ultrasound, with its leg extended straight up by its face!
I also found out that my placenta is anterior, which explains why I felt kicks later than expected, and why they're still taps and bumps more than "kicks" if that makes sense. The sonographer said around 24 weeks is when I should feel baby more with the placenta where it is.

Needless to say, I'm completely relieved. I had such horrid dreams about this scan, and it was all for nothing! Baby is beautiful and I am one happy Mama today :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->