Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oooo Chocolate sounds great!!! :( Unfortunately I'm trying to eat fewer sweets since the doctor told me not to eat as many since I gained so much weight in one week. :( I'll weigh in again on Tuesday--so hopefully I didn't gain another 8! And I'm a relatively small person and look small still (besides the bump :haha: ) .

Anyone else have sweaty/smelly boobs? Sorry. . that's a weird question :haha: It's just that my boobs must be sweating or something because they are smelling a bit. . . not horribly (DH says I'm the only one who notices because he can't even smell it). . .but it BUGS me! I'm wondering if maybe it's my milk coming in and smelling or something? Anyone else? Or am I alone? lol

Great bumps ladies! It looks like we're all about the same size! Here's my photo---forgive the not-so-good shot. . . I am at work and had to snap a photo quick before anyone saw me and wondered what the heck I was doing! :haha:

Anyone else not dtd as much as you used to? I just read something that said my libido should be pretty high at 20 weeks.. . but I just am SO tired after work that I don't want to do anything (still!). I've mentioned it to DH several times, but it seems like when he is ready to do it, I'm about half asleep. . .so we just haven't lately. . . I feel really bad about it. :(

Lovely bump in pink Sierra! thank God no body saw you ...lol

Great bumps ladies! It looks like we're all about the same size! Here's my photo---forgive the not-so-good shot. . . I am at work and had to snap a photo quick before anyone saw me and wondered what the heck I was doing! :haha:

Anyone else not dtd as much as you used to? I just read something that said my libido should be pretty high at 20 weeks.. . but I just am SO tired after work that I don't want to do anything (still!). I've mentioned it to DH several times, but it seems like when he is ready to do it, I'm about half asleep. . .so we just haven't lately. . . I feel really bad about it. :(

Lovely bump in pink Sierra! thank God no body saw you ...lol

Thanks Kim! One guy started walking by my office. . .but I pretended to shuffle papers. . . lol. :dohh:

I do think about dtd especially when i feel guilty that DH isnt getting any.but thats where it ends in my mind no energy and no interest, by bed time in my mind I will be like 'hope he doesnt touch me for I need my sleep'.DH seems not to mind he settles for a cuddle and tries his luck on the days that I would not have complained about nausea, tiredness and backache!! unfortunately that may be a day or 2 in the whole month!

Sierra, I don't so much as have smelly/sweaty boobs as I do leg joints and butt. lol... probably TMI. DH is all: "Did you pee?" Nope, just sweat... lovely thing about pregnancy that no one informed me of.

I have never been a big fan of chocolate and this pregnancy has simply multiplied my love of salt and all things spicy! Poor DH was complaining the other day that when I went grocery shopping I picked up all healthy food and nothing sweet for him. I gave him grapes instead...

Sierra, I don't so much as have smelly/sweaty boobs as I do leg joints and butt. lol... probably TMI. DH is all: "Did you pee?" Nope, just sweat... lovely thing about pregnancy that no one informed me of.

I have never been a big fan of chocolate and this pregnancy has simply multiplied my love of salt and all things spicy! Poor DH was complaining the other day that when I went grocery shopping I picked up all healthy food and nothing sweet for him. I gave him grapes instead...

Okay. . .well that makes me feel a little better! lol

Poor DH. . . you're just helping him not gain the pregnancy weight with you. ;)

hey all sorry haven't been on for a while now got computer up and running couldn't get site to work on my phone!! Well I had my scan yesterday all is well with baby but kept moving loads lol so they think baby is a girl.. Got another scan at 28weeks so will check again there too

Hope all are well

Okay. . .well that makes me feel a little better! lol

Poor DH. . . you're just helping him not gain the pregnancy weight with you. ;)

My brother said he gained 1 stone with each of "his" pregnancies. Unfortunately he has 4 children!!!lol
Hi sleeping bubs! Glad all is well with baby!

Good to see you back, sleeping bubs :D I'm so glad baby is doing well, and I'll update first page.

My DH is dieting during this pregnancy, which stinks! Every time I go to get an unhealthy splurge for a snack I feel DOUBLY guilty because he can't have any. He gained about 30 pounds total with my first 2 babies, so he's really trying not to pack on the pregnancy weight with me this time :haha:

The babies' movements seem to be getting stronger. I'm not getting a lot of kicks, but I do get little hard lumps poking out that I can feel. However, I can't catch them moving with my hand! I feel the little head/butt/foot/whatever poking out, and no matter how long I hold my hand there, it doesn't move. Then I take my hand away for 30 seconds, and when I check again, the little lump is gone! Sneaky babies.

Here's my 20 week belly shot:

Attachments

• 20w2d.jpg
    20w2d.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Sleeping Bubs! Glad that your tech issues have somewhat been resolved. Very happy to hear that you have a wonderfully healthy little one.

Dragon - that is an awesome belly shot. Sneaky little ones indeed...

Last night was the first time my DH could consistently feel the baby moving. Before that the baby would move and then stop whenever a hand was placed upon the belly. She was going to town last night after I ate a bowl of cereal. Then we went to bed, watched a TV episode and turned off the lights. Immediately as I was trying to go to sleep she started kicking! So DH grabbed one of the books we're reading to her and read to my belly while rubbing it. By the time the book was over she was calm and no longer bruising my bladder. Someone's a daddy's girl already.

We also spent 2 hours at Babies R Us yesterday and set up our registry. It was fun. They gave DH a scanner and he just went to town. He also managed to sneak in an XBox 360 and some games that are for "when I'm up at night with the baby..." Uh-huh... I'll believe that when...

Also heard on the news this morning that there could be a shortage of disposable diapers. A plant in Japan that makes 5% of the world's absorbent plastic that is typically used in diapers had a huge explosion. We had already decided to go cloth, but I thought you all might be interested to know that the price of diapers is set to sky-rocket pretty soon.

Love the shot Dragon! Cute bump!!

Well I have the most exciting news! DH finally felt baby move on Friday!!!!!!! :happydance: It was magical!! Then on Saturday, my mum and little sister felt it move too!! :happydance: And it's been moving SO much! Cute little lo! :) I'm in love. . . . :)

Kellen--that's hilarious about the XBox! I can totally see my DH doing that at Babies R Us when we go! haha

And BAD NEWS on the diapers! :( They're already so expensive and DH refuses to go cloth! (He can't stand the thought of washing them, and I refuse to do it all myself. . .lol) Argh I hope it's not too bad of a price jump. . . :(

DragonflyWing, your bump is beautiful! It was such a good idea taking pics wearing the same shirt each time. You can really tell how much those babies have grown! So awesome :)

Kellen, LOL about the XBOX. To be honest, I never played video games until I had DD#2. With an 18-month-old and a newborn during the winter months, there wasn't much else to do! I don't watch a lot of tv, and DH suggesting trying a game instead. I could hold my LO and play a game (yes, in the middle of the night!!) to keep me awake and entertained until she went back to bed. So, it's not all that frivolous! :winkwink:

Congrats on your DH feeling the baby move, Sierra! That's so cool :D My kids have started randomly running up to me, pressing their faces to my belly and yelling, "wake up, baby!! Wake up in there!!" To try to feel it move. It doesn't work. Baby hides in fear, lol. I think he/she is going to be born with a complex.

How was everyone's weekend?

Hi all,

Great your husband felt baby Sierra!
My lo has been doing some odd things lately. Last night I woke at 4am with a hard pain on my left but could feel by kicking on the right. Tonight I have been having some very uncomfortable horrid scratchy feelings down below, like right in the unmentionables..so horrid! I think baby is really spreading out and exploring the surroundings in there! 4 more sleeps till my big scan :)

Wamommy: I'm normally a computer gamer, but it is difficult enough to hold a kitten while trying to control the mouse and buttons so DH is trying to convince me that I should try console gaming. lol... I'll let him know that it is a tool that has been proven effective. That should please him.

Helena: So exciting about the upcoming scan. Bad baby waking mommy up at night. But at least you can feel your LO moving around now.

I experimented on my LO today. I turned on some music at work and plugged in my headphones and placed them on my belly. My LO started jamming out to some classical tunes, but didn't seem too impressed by mom's collection of Broadway showtunes. :(

Omg so much to catch up on can't remember everything

I heard about that factory in Japan luckily we already use cloth for 3yr old and have already got stash for baby so no need to buy disposables.

Kellen that's the sort of thing my oh would do (add an x-box!)

Wow all these babies moving loads my lo is moving loads great that I can now see the movements my poor oh hasn't felt baby yet :(

Everyones bump pics are great I haven't done one yet I will prob do one tomorrow

We told Mckenzie yesterday about baby as we moved his giraffe unit out of his room and put in the nursery and brought him new funiture now he telling everyone that it is the babies now but he doesn't believe baby is in my tummy bless

So today is my scan!! Hooray!! I have less than 2 hours before it begins! :) So excited!!!

On another note, last night, for about 2 hours, I had the worst cramps I've felt in a long time! I was doubled over in pain and had to breathe through them! I googled it and it says that cramping is normal around the 20 week mark because your uterus is moving to the middle of your belly---but boy was it painful! I'm mildly crampy this morning, but baby is kicking away in there. I'll ask my midwife about it today, but has anyone else experienced this?

Sierra - We are all very excited about your scan. I bet you can hardly sit still in anticipation! Sorry to hear about the cramps, those don't sound fun at all. I haven't had cramps per-say, but I did have a terrible experience with round ligament pain. Yesterday morning I was sitting on the bed putting my socks on. As I moved to reach for my foot I was immobilized by pain for a good 10 seconds. DH was very concerned and I actually had tears spring to my eyes. Not fun. Hopefully your midwife will be able to tell you about your cramps. Keep us updated on your scan!

Thanks Kellen! I am just bubbling over excited! It's all I dreamt about last night! lol

Sorry to hear about your round ligament pain---that's crazy! Hopefully that doesn't happen that severly too often!

Did the rest of you have to drink a quart of water and hold it for the scan? If so, how long before they let you go to the bathroom?! My bladder is SO full right now and I have 45 minutes before my scan even starts! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->