Valentines Babies, 2013!

Congrats Wamommy!!! I am dying to know the gender!!!!! I can't wait until you can tell us!! So happy that it went so well!!

Great news wamommy!!! :)
2 sleeps left for me :)

Dragon - how do you know which baby is which when they kick? Do they not move about? I have no idea with twins. Sounds like you are growing well!
I can't really be sure where y uterus goes up to. But most movements are low, below belly button, right down to my pubic bone.

Feel like I must be virtually the last to have my big scan. Roll on Friday :)

It is so amazing isn't it Wamommy! Congratulations on a healthy bubba xx can't wait til Monday to hear which team you are!!!

21 weeks! Congratulations my fellw butternut squashes!!

Pelvis issues stepping up a gear today, feels like a nerve trapped between my body and left leg. Hobbling slightly like a granny. And achey pelvic bones, right to back . Urgh. Still, scan tomorrow, butternut squah today, So i am still smiling :) xxx

On a concerning note,I see my ticker saying baby's sleep cycle is established...bugger, it's always wiggly at 5am...noooooooo! This must change! Lol x

21 weeks! Congratulations my fellw butternut squashes!!

Pelvis issues stepping up a gear today, feels like a nerve trapped between my body and left leg. Hobbling slightly like a granny. And achey pelvic bones, right to back . Urgh. Still, scan tomorrow, butternut squah today, So i am still smiling :) xxx

On a concerning note,I see my ticker saying baby's sleep cycle is established...bugger, it's always wiggly at 5am...noooooooo! This must change! Lol x

What?! Sleep cycle established?! If that's the case, then DH and I are in so much trouble! lol I was JUST commenting to DH this morning how I dont think our little guy is getting enough sleep because this is how a normal day goes: 3a.m.-wake up and feel lo kicking, 5 a.m. feel a kick, 6:30a.m. feel a bunch of kicks until about 7a.m., then feel kicks at 8:30a.m., 10:30a.m., then normally around 2:30-3:30p.m., once in a while at 4p.m., and then he usually settles down until 7p.m., but kicks pretty regularly from 7p.m. until 9:30p.m., then a few kicks around 10:30p.m! My little guy is always moving! I hope this isn't his regular sleep cycle! lol

On another note, I'm EXTREMELY emotional. Yesterday was a stressful day at work, but I was able to talk to our insurance and find out that a breast pump is covered completely (hooray!), so I get my doctor to fax a prescription to a pharmacy that has pumps, they close at 5:30p.m., so I leave work at 5:15p.m., get there, pick out my pump, etc, only to have the pharmacy worker ask me, "Did you have the baby already?" (I wanted to say DUH, do I LOOK like I've had the baby yet!?!? :dohh: ), but I politely told her, "No, not yet". She then goes on about how my insurance won't cover a pump until after the baby is born. I told her I had already talked to my insurance and they approved it. I got angry and said to her, "So, you really expect a mom who just had a baby to walk in here the next day to pick up a pump!?--Like she doesn't have anything better to do!?" And I don't know about your hospitals, but my hospital apparently trains you on the pump soon after the baby is born---they want to make sure you know how to use it properly, etc. So, needless to say, after arguing with her (and DH arguing with her---because she kept saying that you need to lactate to get a pump---so, bless his heart, DH kept saying to her---"Don't you know that you can start lactating even before the baby is born!?!" ---we walked out of there without a pump. :( I started crying uncontrollably (HORMONES!), and poor DH was just wonderful and told me he'd make all of the calls today to the insurance company, the pharmacy, etc, and pick out the brand and everything. Then, he made me dinner, cleaned the kitchen, and held me. :)

Then hormones again first thing this morning! Apparently my bosses are still "discussing" the work-from-home thing. (They had originally told me I'd be working full time from home, and only come in for meetings), but the office manager talked to me today that they want me to be caught up on what's going on in the office, so they are thinking about having me come in to the office part time and working from home part time---but they haven't decided yet. I burst into tears, because 1) I need to know for sure so I can start looking at daycares or babysitters! 2) I don't have the extra finances to pay for that much daycare when I was expecting to only be paying for maybe an hour a week! And especially because the mold problem we have in our basement has to be cleaned up ASAP, and we have to get out a loan to even pay for that! 3) At least have a meeting with me or something---don't just leave me in the dark and spring stuff on me! I'm so emotional and scared right now---I mean, I really don't know what I'll do if they want me to work at the office part time. I can't afford that. :(

Anyways. . . I wish my hormones weren't so out of whack right now---I just feel like the tears come before I can even explain myself and then I'm such a blubbering mess that no one knows what to do with me. :(

Argh....sorry for the rant. I know you guys understand.

Regardless, I love my little boy (who is moving around like crazy at the moment), and so happy to be 21 weeks! :)

Oh Sierra,Sounds like quite a time..hugs xxxx

Here the pharmacy charges by the day for the pump, maybe that has omething to do with it? I pumped with my irst. It's seriously hard work, I won't do it again unless I have to. But operating the machine is easy. Less training than breasfeeding..,I'm sure you have thought it all through, but do be aware it does make life more complicated...

Here they also give them out after you have baby. If they need to order it's quick, 1 day.

So glad your scan went well, wamommy...can't wait until you tell us the gender! My guess is boy :)

Dragon - how do you know which baby is which when they kick? Do they not move about? I have no idea with twins. Sounds like you are growing well!
I can't really be sure where y uterus goes up to. But most movements are low, below belly button, right down to my pubic bone.

Lilja's amniotic sac is on the left, and Gunnar's is on the right. So far, they haven't changed positions much, except to go head down or head up. I don't know if that will change later on, but for now I always know that if I feel kicks on the left, it's Lily, and if it's on the right, it's Gunn :D

The confusion starts when it's in the middle! :winkwink:

awww at twin kicks :D

My baby girl has not stopped moving all day!

Happy 21weeks xx

Happy 21 weeks everyone!

Sierra, it sounds like you have a TON going on, and getting emotional is completely understandable. At least it sounds like DH is in your corner! Yay him :) As far as work goes, that is very stressful. Finances can be impossible to deal with even without hormones. I REALLY hope they let you work full-time from home!

Helena, your scan is tomorrow, right?? I"m SO excited to hear all about it!

DragonflyWing, it must be fun feeling 2 sets of kicks! Are they on different schedules, or active at the same time?

I haven't been able to work out their schedules yet. I just feel little taps and nudges here and there throughout the day, and then they seem to be most active when I'm resting in the evening. With both placentas in the front, sometimes I have to really focus before I start feeling them. I tend to feel Lily most often, I think because she's higher up...Gunn is down lower and more cushioned by my belly fat ;)

Yes wamommy, it is tomorrow, 9am! Yeeeeha! It will be the first scan or doctors appointment DH has been to with this pregnancy so I am extra excited for him, will seem more real for him when he sees it on screen :)
Last time the lady also pressed the 4d button for a few minutes for us so I hope to get a nice piccie :)
How to sleep tonight?!?..

Team PINK!! Scan was perfect, despite me and DH bickering beforehand (Jo, you said you guys were the same right? Nerous maybe..)baby was great, all measured right and 100% girl! Happy family today.
https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_24300634.jpg

:pink:!!!!!!! Team pink is certainly winning at the moment!

Congrats Helena and family xxxx

Yeah we were awful at bickering before hand, I am sure it was nerves :D
So happy for you!!!

Congrats helena!! That's awesome! This is the first girl for you, isn't it? That's so wonderful!

DH and I dtd for the first time in a while. . .but quite honestly, I don't know if I care to do it again during pregnancy! :( It was awkward and uncomfortable---no matter how we tried to do it, and the cramping afterwards was SO bad! I had cramps for at least 2 hours afterwards! And to top it off, baby didn't move at all like he usually does at night. :( I'm wondering if he didn't like the cramping either! :(

Yes sierra. Our first girl, my 4 year old is especially happy which makes me super happy!
Doc confirmed my placenta is at the front which will account for my lack of feeling sometimes. The little lady weighs about 400g.

Oh I wouldn't like that cramping at all Sierra, eek. I think we dtd twice since bfp but I am also not so keen to try again. At least not until baby is definitely viable. Rest up xx

Yes sierra. Our first girl, my 4 year old is especially happy which makes me super happy!
Doc confirmed my placenta is at the front which will account for my lack of feeling sometimes. The little lady weighs about 400g.

Oh I wouldn't like that cramping at all Sierra, eek. I think we dtd twice since bfp but I am also not so keen to try again. At least not until baby is definitely viable. Rest up xx

Oh that's just so terrific! So glad to hear helena! My little guy weighs a bit less than that--but close---coming in at 14 ounces exactly!

YAY Helena!! Congrats on team :pink:! I am biased, but I have to say that raising girls is absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad your son is excited too :D There will probably be less competition with your boys and more doting over your princess :yipee: I'm glad to hear your placenta is in the front, too! It explains not feeling movement earlier (even with a third child) At least with me, it made me feel WAY better, like the baby was active and totally fine, I just had a pillow running across my belly cushioning the kicks :dohh: SO happy for you!

Looks like our little boys are going to have a number of baby girls to date when they're older! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->