Valentines Babies, 2013!

I say at this point, we've all done all we can to keep our babies safe and comfy and warm, now it's time to do what we need to do to get through the next few days and weeks! So anything goes! No judgment here at all!

Good luck Sierra xxx are you going to be next!? :wohoo: this is getting exciting!!

Hi ladies. Sorry I've not been around for ages, life has been pretty hectic here!

I've tried to read along when I can but I'm sure I will have missed some stuff so apologies for that!

Hoping its ok that I tag along with you guys again now?

Hey you! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if everything was ok! How exciting, we are nearing the end now! How are things going with baby bear?

We're good thanks Jo! Finished work now and spending some time with DS which is lovely but v.tiring! I can't seem to sleep enough at the moment.

I had a scan @ 35weeks as people kept commenting my bump was small and fundal measurement too but all is fine with her. She is actually measuring a week ahead and was approx 5lb 10 and predicted birth weight is 8lb 4....we shall see!

I am getting awful sharp pains in my cervix though and my hips kill me at night, not to mention the acid reflux that makes me projectile vomit in the middle of the night.....all good fun eh?!

How's things with you?

Not been plain sailing but I'm managing fine ta. Baby girl has talipes (club foot) in both feet and I've got GD. She's bigger than average so I am waiting to find out if they are inducing me or giving me a c section at 38 weeks! I find out on Friday! It was supposed to be last Friday but I got snowed in :dohh: of all the times!
Last scan showed she was breech which is why maybe the c section. But we'll find out what position she's in at the scan.

I've been getting awful acid reflux too, so bad I am up every hour at night taking rennies or gaviscon and nearly vomiting! So I sympathise!

Oh gosh, it really is a roller coaster ride isn't it?!

I'm starting to get impatient already which is bad, not helped by the fact my sister and SIL had their babies this week...

My sister had a section due to breech actually Jo, and she said it wasn't a bad experience at all (natural first birth) hope you get some answers soon!

Well I'm back from my appt. Midwife says everything I'm feeling is NORMAL! I'm not completely convinced... as I usually have a really high pain tolerance, but this back ache is really affecting me! But she said not to worry unless my water breaks, can't talk through contractions, or baby stops moving. So... I guess I'm just in pain until baby comes.... :(

Hello blue bear!!

Big hugs Sierra, hopefully you won't have to wait to long! Have you thought about trying Tens machine? I'm borrowing one from tomorrow and I'm hoping that will help my pains x

Oh wow! There really is a baby boom then! Congrats to your sis and SIL blue bear!

Sierra - looks like another bath is on the cards for tonight then :hugs:

Sorry I haven't been around, everyone! Taking care of twins is SO time consuming! It's all I can do just to get enough sleep to function, let alone get online. Today, I went out grocery shipping for the first time since they've been home, and DH stayed home with the babies. It's kind of awesome to be out by myself...like a vacation! I love my sweet little babies, but I needed some me-time :)

You all are getting so close to meeting your babies! That's so exciting, hang in there!

A tens machine is a battery operated pack with small electrode pads that you can stick to your back, or neck etc. that deliver a small shock supposed to massage the muscle by tensing and relaxing it. They recommend it over here for pain relief in labour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcutaneous_electrical_nerve_stimulation

Hi Blue_bear! Nice to see you here! Glad to hear all is going well with baby :D

Sierra, I'm afraid that's what my midwife is going to say tomorrow, too. I've been up 3 nights in a row with a horrific back ache and contractions, or what actually feels like one solid, 3-hour contraction. I can't figure it out! I never had this with my girls! I think my Dr will tell me it's all normal :( Don't get me wrong, I want it to be normal, but that also = no solution, haha! I'm hoping we're all getting close to meeting our babies, since it sounds like everyone is reaching the same point of discomfort.

Helena, don't feel bad about your weight gain! That's really not much, and you're right, we only have a couple weeks left to enjoy guiltless eating :D I'm sure I will have gained more than I'd hoped when I get weighed in tomorrow, but oh well. There have been some pretty emotionally draining things going on in my family this week, so I've been doing my fair share of emotional eating :blush:

Dragonfly, glad to hear the twins are doing well! I can't even imagine how much work (and how wonderful!) they are. I'd say plan a shopping trip, or something similar, every week so you can stay sane! I'm looking forward to more pics, hehe... They always make me smile and remind me why we're all doing this!

Hi blue bear!

Today's positives - DS (4 year old) finally back to school aft being too unwell for 6 days. He is still coughing lots but hopefully should be ok for the birth in 9 days....arrrh 9 days!
Also, I managed to clean the living room floor and finally get to the supermarket. Small boring things, but it made me happy.
Today's negatives - mild nausea. Mopping and shopping has made my pelvis feel like it may crumble any minute. Am hobbling like a 95 year old.
And I have realized that all my knickers are too small. Bt what's the point in buying more for 9 days? Ts just when I sit the elastic squeezes too tight. I never did buy maternity undies, just big granny pants..maybe I should invest in maternity ones, could be comfy after the op. did you girls get any?

Helena, I didn't bother with maternity undies, just a size bigger in low-rise ones that fit under the belly. Unfortunately, I've found that my belly pushes them down in the front, which makes them fall down in the back! I'm constantly hiking them up... :haha: I'm glad your DS is feeling better! And I can't BELIEVE it's only 9 days away for you! EEK! So excited!

Doctor in 2 hours, can't wait! I'm sure there will be "no change," but I still love the reassurance that all is well.

I haven't bought any new undies apart from a pack of cheap ones for my hospital bag.

If I have the c section then I was thinking of getting some maternity ones as people have recommended them for comfort again the incision rather than because we need the size.

I have bought some nursing maternity pyjamas to go in my hospital bag for that same reason.

I just stocked up on cheap ones for my bag, although I did use the 'disposable' maternity briefs for a little bit last time and they weren't that horrific. Worth having for emergencies.

Can I ask where you ladies feel baby hiccups? I was getting them really low down in my pelvis but am now quite alarmed to be getting them at the top of my bump under one rib. She surely can't have turned breech after being head down all this time?! Panicking a little...

Thanks ladies!

wamommy--let us know what your doctor says. I totally understand where you are coming from! I was out on the couch ALL day yesterday after work because I was so sore and uncomfortable---was drifting in and out of sleep. Today, I feel MUCH better--as if baby could stay in for another MONTH! (No thanks. . . :haha: )

helena--so glad you got a kid back to school---hopefully all of the coughs leave before 9 days! I'm so excited for your lo to be here in 9 days!!!! I found out today that my mum came 2 weeks early with one of my sisters, and the other sister and I came 10 days early! So, I'm hoping my baby takes after us and comes EARLY! :)

I didn't bother with maternity undies---just bought one size bigger so I could have "pretty panties". . .although, like wamommy said, they get pushed down by bump. . .so nothing is really that attractive anymore! :lol: I had bought a thong in a size bigger, thinking it might be a nice attractive pair of panties for DH. . . but after having them on for a day and the bump pushing them down, they sort-of just "rolled" into strips on my side. . .DH looks at me and goes: "Panties too small?" :rofl: So much for trying! ;) I just packed big granny panties for my hospital bag. . . I might use the hospital's paper panties for the first day. . .

Blue bear---I get hiccups down and to the left. Maybe call your doctor? That seems odd. . .

Dragon---glad to hear things are going well and you got some time for yourself! I think it'd be good to schedule times like that when you can. . .it'll keep you sane. :)

:rofl: Sierra that is a brilliant picture I have in my mind now of your thong!

I get the roll down too. Font and back. Am so unattractive pulling them up allday!lol.

Mild are crisis going on here. Thought we were one hundred percent, but DH wasn't entirely sure, and I didn't always like the way he pronounced the name we had (accent). So then we chose a new one and were excited and 4 year old loves it. But 2 year old said no. Lol and now. And i back and forth between the two! Lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->