Valentines Babies, 2013!

W had decided he was outvoted, he doesn't really have an idea what is happening anyway, but now i keep changing my mind! Aargh! Might have to see what she looks like first!?

Take them both as possibilities and see what she looks like :thumbup:

Wow! You all have been very busy over the past few days. I can't believe you only have 8 days to go, Helena. That is awesome!

Dragon - I can only imagine how exhausted you must be with your two bundles of joy at home now. Congrats on being brave enough to go grocery shopping and having a little alone time.

We had our 37 week appointment this Tuesday. Midwife says that everything looks perfect and that our little girl is in position, she just needs to drop down a little bit more. She said that she doubts she will come early. :(

I am still at training until Friday. I passed the second round of testing, which was the creation of a 20+page lesson plan. Today we did our practice teaching session. My evaluators told me that I would have passed today, but for Friday I should try to exhibit more confidence. It was a little odd as the baby got the hiccups during the middle of my presentation and my belly started doing the jiggly wiggly dance. We aren't supposed to sit during our hour long presentation, but I've been given a pass to have a chair up there in case I need to sit down.

Thank you for the advice, ladies, regarding our potential move. I haven't spoken with DH yet, but that is okay. He is super family oriented and once I tell him that my grandma needs me I'm pretty sure he'll go with it. We probably wouldn't move until sometime in mid-July due to my dad having knee surgery. I would fly out with the baby while DH and my dad drive across the US towing a car and two motorcycles. :haha:

I agree with Jo, too! After you see her one of the names might jump out as the right one :D

I'm just now back from my Doctor appointment. They were running almost an HOUR behind, and poor DH had to watch the girls in the waiting room while I sat back in the exam room waiting on my doctor. She finally came in and did a quick iron test (still low :( ) and checked heart beat and how baby is positioned. She said baby is really long, which I figured... since his butt is way up in my ribcage, and I'm tall. I'm groupb strep negative, yay!!

I was SOOO disappointed today though, because she wouldn't do an internal exam :( I honestly think that I was her last appointment before lunch and she was running behind, so she made an excuse... but either way. She TOLD me that she didn't want to start anything by feeling around in there, and that she'll do one next week (at 38 weeks) since she's more comfortable with the baby being born then. Who knows, but I was REALLY curious to know if I've dilated, and if my cervix is still posterior. All in all I left feeling a bit hurried, and like I didn't have a chance to ask any questions. Ah well, at least my next appointment is only a week away.

Blue_bear, I thought my LO had flipped a few weeks ago when I felt hiccups in my ribs two days in a row! Usually I feel it down by my right hip bone. Doctor checked and he hadn't flipped, though, and she said that it was probably hiccups, but they were causing baby's whole body to "twitch," which I was feeling up under my ribs. Hopefully that's what it is!

Kellen, grats on passing your test! Also, glad to know baby is doing well :D Don't be too discouraged about baby being high, since that can all change in a day or two!!

At your request, here are some pictures of the babies. :) I need to try to get some better ones of the two of them together.

Attachments

• 2013-01-17_09-16-34_373.jpg
    2013-01-17_09-16-34_373.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-01-23_14-55-39_996-1.jpg
    2013-01-23_14-55-39_996-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-01-21_17-23-47_193.jpg
    2013-01-21_17-23-47_193.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2013-01-15_21-51-16_159.jpg
    2013-01-15_21-51-16_159.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you, Dragonfly :D SOOOOO Cute!! They look like perfect little dolls :hugs2:

Dragon they are getting so big! Those are adorable pictures. Looks like your little guy is a bit more interested in the camera than his sister. They are wonderful babies. You are doing such a good job!

Loving the pictures dragon!

It's 5am here and I am awake, my son was up coughing :( then I was coughing.
Then I was just drifting back off and I felt a small gush of liquid. Smal, but maybe Maryland cookie sized patch in my knickers.. I had just been for a pee and don't think it was that. I wiped and there was a tiny bit of pink.i think, but pink loo roll doesn't help! I put on a panty liner so can keep an eye on it.....pretty sure my doc is out of the office today, typi

Big Gush!

Oh help! Going to loo...

Helena! I hope all is well! It's almost midnight here and I'm off to bed, but I will check back first thing in the morning.

Eeek! This could be it for you!! I"m so excited that I will barely sleep!

Sending all of my thoughts and prayers to you and baby tonight :D

Oh wow! Update if you can Helena, but most importantly, get yourself checked out!

Wow, Helena please let us know!

I've woken up with a burning kind of period pain but no tightenings. really strange!

She is here! And just perfect.

So waters went at 5sh, drove myself to hospital (!) ,monitor said I was having contractions but felt to me just like I mildly needed a poo.. First ever internal exam said i was dilating, which is why the midwife said my waters were pinkish. Then mad rush for DH trying to get kids to a friends (had no plan in place, grandparents meant to have flown out for the scheduled c section), contractions starting to hurt a bit by 7.30, c section at 8, DH arrived with 10 minutes before I was opened.

Just got to check name with my kids first, but she is perfect, 2.86 kilo, 47 cm. right on 37 weeks. Can't quite believe it.
https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_E722FA52.jpg
X

WHAT?! Helena that is CRAZY! An AWESOME and just WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations!! She is gorgeous!! I can't believe it happened that quickly! After reading your post, I had to call DH---I told him this baby HAS to come now because all of my friends' babies are coming! :haha: He said I need to have more sex to bring it on! :rofl: But, I think that's exactly what I might do after work! ;)

Again, helena, congratulations--I'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear the name!!

Dragon---love the pictures! They are SO tiny! What are they weighing these days? I love the carseat picture---I was a bit worried that my carseat was set too "tiny", but after seeing your picture---it makes perfect sense since the babies are so tiny! :)

wamommy---that's disappointing that they didn't check you! My office won't check me until 39 weeks (unless I have to go to L&D again, then L&D checks). Poo! Hopefully you get checked next week! How much weight had you gained? I was up 2 more pounds in 5 days! Puts me at a total of 32lbs gain! My DH reassured me that it's all baby!--which I'm not sure is much reassurance since that "all baby" has to come through my you-know-what! :rofl:

Last childbirth class was last night for me---now I'm all educated! :) Let's get this show on the road! :)

Oh helena, I LOVE that name! So pretty! What an awesome pick! Is this the Disney character name or where did you find it? LOVE it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->