Valentines Babies, 2013!

How is everyone doing? It's quiet---hopefully you're all quiet because you are having babies! :)

Anyone else getting painful contractions once in a while? Last night I had about 4 really painful contractions that woke me up out of sleep, and I had to breathe through them and try to walk them off. They lasted maybe for a minute each. . .no consistent pattern. But dang, they hurt!

I noticed that it has been quiet here lately... I too hope that a bunch of us are out having babies. Too bad that doesn't include me.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) none of the contractions I have felt so far have been painful at all. I have an appointment with the midwife today so I'm hoping that she'll do a check to see if I have effaced or dilated at all. I haven't really had any symptoms of labor being near at all. I am hoping it holds off until after the play tonight. After that I don't really care.

My boss (who just gave birth in August) told me that unless I find it absolutely necessary to go into the office I need to stay home and telework until the baby gets here and I'm on leave. Next Wednesday is my last official day so I will go in then. I'm at home today, but I have a meeting at work tomorrow, a party for my boss on Thursday and then the office is taking me out to lunch on Friday. I do, however, have permission to arrive late and leave early. Her reasoning is: "It will all even out in the end." Coolest supervisor ever!

Now I am off to take a shower so I don't look like I just crawled out from under a bridge for my appointment. Crossing my fingers that DH's boss will let him go an hour early so he can come with me.

Kellen--your supervisor sounds AWESOME! Wish mine were like that! Instead, on the cards for the gifts I received yesterday at the office shower, there were several statements written like 'Make sure to check your emails while you're out!' :dohh: But, they are letting me work from home, so I guess I can't complain! :thumbup:

Let us know what the midwife says! So exciting! :)

Good luck at your appointment, Kellen :D Can't wait to hear how it goes. Also, enjoy your play! Are you seeing "the Music Man"?

Sierra, it has been quiet lately! I wish I could say I've been off having a baby :dohh: I've been in a bit of a funk the last few days, and sort of been feeling sorry for myself. I've been up all night every night with terrible back pain and tummy pain. I get up, stretch, take a shower, pace the house... and then try to go back to sleep, right as my 3-year-old gets up. I'm just so exhausted I could cry :( I don't know how I'm going to survive with a newborn. I will say, though, I am SOOO ready to have this baby out. I see the Dr tomorrow to find out if I'm progressing at all and will definitely tell her all what's been going on. I've also just NOW started retaining water. Until a few days ago I hadn't experienced it, but now my wedding ring is super tight and there's a horrible line where my socks cut into my bloated ankles. EEw.

OK, rant over... I don't want to be so negative! It's just one of those days.

Helena, are you home now? How is the situation? How is beautiful Kiara?

DragonflyWing, how are the twins?

Jo, are you getting excited as your date gets closer?

I hope everyone is doing well!

wamommy--that sounds exactly like what I've been going through! I think DH is sick of hearing me complain about it! He was even googling ways to induce labor today---just to get me to stop whining! :haha: Let me know what your doctor says about it! I have an appt tomorrow too, so I will ask as well .. but last time they just said "it's normal"! :(

Hi girls, yes I got home yesterday and it has been a very mixed emotional time. Not really because of the inlaws, but some even more bad news. You may remember I learnt my aunt had died on the day Kiara was born. Well I thought that was bad enough but then the evening I got home (was it really only yesterday?) I got a call from my brother telling me my mum had got results of various scans. Turn out She has cancer in several places including her brain. That floored me. We all knew she had been unwell, maybe you remember she was meant to visit before Christmas but couldn't because of what we thought were panic attacks...turns out it is a lot more. I almost fell apart, especially because the post partum hormones are raging, but my little something wonderful, Kiara, was obviously meant to be here for a reason, to keep me busy and full of love.
Mum starts treatment tomorrow.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but that and tiredness is why I am quiet.
Good luck with the contractions Sierra!

Yes!! Last time I asked my OB she just smiled and nodded, like I was making a big deal out of nothing. I just don't know how we can go into labor/newborn care being so exhausted already!

We are going to see "The Producers." I found a 50% off deal in our local newspaper. So we are three seats back from the stage in the center. I am very excited.

Sorry to hear that you are having back and sleeping problems, Wamommy. That sounds absolutely miserable.

And I too would love to hear updates about all the little ones that have already made their big debut into the world. I told DH last night that any time he felt like initiating sex please do because I want this child out sooner rather than later.

Oh, Helena... I am so sorry :hugs: :hugs: I don't know what to say! I'm so glad you have Kiara to keep you occupied and hopeful. I wish I had better words... I'm just so sorry you're having to go through this.

Oh, Helena, that is horrible news. I am so sorry for you. I wish we could all just give you a big hug and shoulder to cry on. Your little Kiara is something very special and at least gives you a warm body to snuggle with and take care of. I will keep you in my special prayers.

helena---I am so so so sorry! :( :hugs: :hug: That is so incredibly hard! :( Sending thoughts and prayers your way. . .

This time next week my little lady should be here!

Oh no Helena, so sorry to hear the news. Sending love and thoughts to your mum and hoping that the treatment does it's job xxxx

Jo--that is so incredible! Exciting to think it's that close!! Are you all prepared? How about everyone else---are you all prepared, or will there be last minute things you'll have to do? I keep thinking that I haven't washed any bottles (just in case for some reason I can't breastfeed), and I haven't tested the monitors out. I also have to put together the new swing my office got us. Not sure if any of that will get done before baby. . .but if not, DH will be busy when we get home with baby! ;)

Here she is again, my little something wonderful that has made the family smile during this pretty dark week. She is a real angel..apart from the fact her days and nights are still a bit mixed up. So tired!

https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_FCD6E18A.jpg

https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_6FA99366.jpg

A funny thing happened when I walked in from the hospital yesterday..as my boobs have grown while full of milk and my chest was looking pretty busty my 2 year old walked up to me, pointed at my cleavage, visage above my vest top, and said "is that a bottom"? Haha.
Yay for this time next a week Jo!!! Xxx

So sorry to hear your news Helena :( xx your little girl is gorgeous though!

I'm so jealous Jo, I'm so impatient it's terrible.

I've had no more symptoms either really. Just leaky boobs and a tonne of discharge but nothing exciting...it's my birthday Sunday, she sure would make a good present!

Helena, she is beautiful!! What a joy :D Hopefully she'll get her days and nights figured out!

I had a chuckle at your son's "is that a bottom" comment!!

I'm in a world of pain today!! Starting to wonder if this is early labor? I never had this with either daughter. With them it was WHAM, and into powerful contractions. This time I'm just sitting here near tears, with what feels like a never-ending contraction. The underside of my bump and my back are screaming in pain. I would give my left foot for a few ibuprofen!! lol

Oh wamommy--sorry to hear about your pain! If it keeps happening, TIME IT! Maybe it's the real thing!! That would be awesome! (Again, sorry for the pain, but hopefully this is it for you!)

Maybe it is it Wamommy? Is there any you can call to ask? It's not fair for you to be in so much pain otherwise x

So gorgeous Helena! A proper little angel x

I think I'm about as ready as I'll ever be!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->