Valentines Babies, 2013!

Thanks helena! Let us know how it goes!

Kellen---that does not sound fun at all! But glad you are okay after all of that bad weather!

Hi Midnight! :)

I work in emergency management so severe weather is like a treat for me! And yes, I probably could be classified as insane. The only disaster I absolutely despise are earthquakes. Looks like I'll be leaving work early today since the party has been canceled... only reason I drove in today.

Favorite comment of the morning so far: "You look miserable. I remember being pregnant. Do you feel like a beached whale when you try to roll over in bed?" :rofl: My response: "Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Thank you."

Oh my goodness---that's hilarious! I've quite often gotten that comment "You look miserable"---oh thank you! That was EXACTLY the look I was going for!

:rofl: People's comments can be pretty funny. I'm personally getting tired of the "no baby, yet?" or "still pregnant?" comments! I feel like saying, "Noooo, i already had him. He's at home. I just shoved this giant basketball under my shirt because I missed looking enormous!" :haha:

Helena, she is SO cute. I'm sure she'll start gaining soon. I'm so glad you were able to get out with friends for a bit! You deserve it, especially after such an intense week.

I'm still hanging on! We went to the mall last night and walked laps. All it did was make me tired, lol. The kids liked it, though. We go there so often to walk that all of the mall's employees know them. They get chocolate at See's, tea at Teavana, the lady at the Justice store gives them Hershey Kisses, and another guy gives them suckers. No wonder they love going there! I wish I were 4 and cute :rofl:

wamommy---that's so cute! Glad your kids get to do that! As far as walking, my midwife told me that the only thing it helps is to build stamina for labor--she told me it won't help me go into labor. I told DH if it doesn't help bring on labor--then I am not wasting my time! :rofl: So, I've just been doing to EPO and sex. (And a bit of marching. . .lol. . .just for the sheer hilarity of it.) :)

As I type this, my belly is one hard lump with all of the prelabor contractions going on. . .nothing timeable and nothing that lasts. . .sooooo frustrating. I'm so uncomfortable that I keep my door shut at work to avoid snapping at people! Watch out for grumpy pregnant lady!! :haha:

Haha Sierra! You're allowed to be grouchy. When is your last day at work?

Midnight, I've been getting a TON of emails and texts about the baby. The first one always says, "any news?" or "is baby here?" Once I answer no, it's always followed by "do you have a name yet?" That one causes massive stress! We don't have a name yet.... eeeeek! What do you guys think of the name "Baby"? :rofl:

I took the rest of the day off work. My little one has decided to settle in on my sciatic nerve. I love the feeling of my leg being on fire...

And yes, I had someone yesterday (at work) tell me they thought I'd already had the baby so why did I still look pregnant. :dohh: I still have two weeks to go, and I'd be happy having her on her due date. I did, however, begin taking Black Cohosh today to try to get more practice contractions going on.

That stinks that DH won't compromise with you on a name. Good luck!

wamommy--my last day at work is the day baby comes! lol . . .soooo. .. hopefully he comes SOON! (This isn't mandatory, but what I chose because I only get 6 weeks maternity leave --where I'm working half days from home---so I didn't want to use them on only me---I want to be with baby as much as possible! ) I am going to take about a week or two vacation before I do half days from home. . .so that'll hopefully help the adjustment a bit. If it weren't for finances, I would quit work and only be a mommy. . .It would be wonderful. . . . :cloud9:

Kellen, let us know if the cohosh helps increase contractions!

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday! I am so glad that this is the end of the week. Only one more day of coming into the office to finish things up next Wednesday.

I am going to unabashedly brag on my DH for a moment. Last night he opened his email (which happens not all that often, normally it is me). However, I had sent him an article on how dad's can be supportive during BF. He then asked me to sit down and we spoke about how we want to share responsibilities, but be supportive of each other. DH then went on to read a couple of more articles and eventually created a birth plan for us (even though the nurses said they read them maybe 15% of the time). Still it was sweet and awesome. Anyways, I think my DH is a great guy and is really taking all of this seriously... except when I asked for a foot massage. That lasted for maybe 10 seconds...

So far the cohosh hasn't really brought on any stronger contractions. I've only taken 3 doses so I suspect it probably needs time to get in my system. My co-workers are taking me out to lunch today, but I forgot to bring any snacks and now I'm hungry. DH cleaned out all the change from the car so I can't even raid the vending machine... such is life. Maybe I'll go see if there aren't some snacks left over from the non-party yesterday...

Aww Kellen--that is so sweet of him! What a good guy! :)

Have fun at your lunch today! I am also going out with a couple of ex-coworkers today. . .to catch up. Seems everyone wants to get together before baby comes! ;)

Have fun at your lunch today! I am also going out with a couple of ex-coworkers today. . .to catch up. Seems everyone wants to get together before baby comes! ;)

It's the opposite with me! Everyone is in "wait to see what happens" mode, and only contact me by text or email.

Kellen, how sweet of your DH! It's awesome that he wants to be so involved :D

I woke up with the world's fattest fingers!! My wedding ring won't come off :blush: Come on, baby! I am literally about to EXPLODE.

Not until Wednesday, lol. I just can't believe I'm still pregnant! I suppose maybe it's a good thing? Maybe my body knows something that I don't know. He'll come when he's ready, I'm just getting so impatient! I've already passed how far I went with either DD!!

My OB leaves for a week Saturday (tomorrow), so it looks like she'll miss this birth as well! This is baby #3 and she's missed every one :haha:

I can't believe you're still hanging on being that far dilated! I'm a bit jealous of your dilation! :haha:

Sorry to hear that your OB is going to miss this one as well! That's sad!!

Are you still having contractions?

Everytime I go to sleep at night I always have this feeling that "tonight will be the night!", then get disappointed when I wake up and nothing happened! :haha: I know he'll come when he's ready, but mommy is sure ready! :)

I've gotten to the point where I can barely sit and watch tv anymore because it hurts when I lay on the couch, sit on the couch, lean on the couch---anything! Just pain! It's so hard to get comfortable anymore! I keep telling myself that these things are all preparing for him to come, but it seems like enough agony has come that he should be here! ;)

I've become quite the complainer lately! :) Aww well. . .I plan on cleaning my house this weekend---I've had so many people say they are stopping by after baby is born that I want to make sure that everything is clean-looking for all of the visitors! Maybe the cleaning will help him come! (My sister swears that if you mop your floor by hand on all fours, it helps baby come!) :)

Sierra - I tried that last weekend and my little girl hasn't budged. Maybe I will try steam cleaning the floor this weekend!

Wamommy - I too cannot believe that you have yet to have your little guy.

Speaking of dilation... I had to walk half way down to the other building to exchange physical pieces of paper with one of the secretaries who has been helping me get all the grant letters sent out. As I was walking she yells (from a good 50 yds away). "How far dilated are you? Since you're walking like that you've got to be a couple cm." Really? Is it ever polite to ask about someone's cervix in public? You are not related to me and you are not my OB. Have I asked you when the last time you and your husband had sex? It pretty much amounts to the same thing...

I was shocked! I couldn't even come up with a snarky response at the time. I mean, really, who asks that? My brilliant response was: "Um, I don't know. They haven't checked yet?" Complete with making it sound like a question. Then I mentally face palmed.

Sierra, contractions have stopped here, so I'm really in a wait and see game! I feel the same way you do. Every time I go to bed I expect to wake up to contractions. So far, nothing! I completely sympathize with the discomfort, though! I can't sit on our couch because it's too "squishy," and once I get in I can't get out. :rofl:

LOL about the dilation question, Kellen. It is amazing how personal people get when you're pregnant.

I might try cleaning the kitchen floor! I've heard it's a great way to get baby to turn to an optimal position too, since LO is back to back. We'll see if I can muster the energy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->