Valentine's BfP ladies

Again so jealous of u/s... I want mine already!

Beautiful little baby bean you have got there Bam! You are so lucky to have so many u/s so quickly... after mine on thursday I don't get another one till May!

Bam - gorgeous wee bean! :hugs: and here is your request. My first big cake creation was my own wedding cake last year. That's how I got into it all. I had seen the cake of my dreams in Fortnum and Mason (cake designer to the queen, shop next door to Harrods in London). Unfortunately it did not come in the price of my dreams (it was £3000!!!!!!!!!) so I set out to make my own and here's what I came up with...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for days as I've been tired and busy but I've been keeping up with things.

Momof1, feel free to copy the photobucket idea, it was prompted by what Sasha said. I've been through and put the week numbers in the titles to answer your questions. As you can see I only looked fat at 4 months! I still can't get over quite how rapidly my bump went from fat to baby bump, 12 days between photos, but it literally was 5 minutes before the 22 weeks photo that I came running out of the bathroom saying "Look, look! My bump arrived overnight!". This time I hope I show properly before 22 weeks, I hate the fat phase and feel like I've already reached it this time whereas before it was 16 weeks before I noticed much weight gain.

As for DTD which you mentioned, embarrassing though it is, DH and I haven't either, I'm asleep any time DD is! :rofl: I had a period during which I had cystitis regularly and eventually I dried up out of fear of getting it again. Doc had recommended water based lubes to prevent germs entering the urethra. I still like to use them now as they feel nice! TMI! :blush:

Mammy, Bambola, I really hope the two of you feel much better soon. At least the MS has started quite late and you'll be in the second trimester before you know it!

Mammy - I just had ever expanding pudge until 22 weeks! I think the uterus just pushes all your insides out of the way before it makes its appearance!

Sasha, I am so pleased about how things worked out with both hubby and his mum!

Don't despair, about pre-pregnancy weight, I'm not as thin or firm as JBell and Momof1, I have very little tone in my abs yet after the last PG - people can lose fingers if they try to poke me! Give it a few weeks and we'll all look like we've eaten a few too many cakes before the bump comes in! :winkwink:

Also, as breastfeeding helps weight loss after the birth and you said you were interested in doing it, combining that at about 6 weeks with an online weight loss programme for watching your weight can be brilliant. The one I did allowed you to eat more if you were BF (reduced a bit when you introduce solids). I stopped gorging on whatever was to hand, ate properly again and I was quickly over 7lb lighter than I was when I got pregnant!

FX about the rash, but like Bambola, I can only see references to the one study which was about really serious cases and several quotes which suggest it is not representative because of that.

Missus, so gald you got your scan and all was OK!

Bambola - lovely pic!

AFM - Well, I don't have MS, just waves of nausea, particularly if I need to eat or sometimes if I eat something sweet.

I have cut down my caffeine to a maximum of 2 cups of tea per day or one coffee (espresso type) or one cola can. Usually I have the tea but this morning I was having new tyres fitted and had coffee - I felt about a stone lighter soon after! Finally something that made me go properly! TMI! :happydance:

The night before last and just now I have experienced sudden vertigo, I've felt like the floor was moving and haven't been able to stay on my feet. I even feel a bit like the room is moving when seated. I have never experienced anything like it before. I often get shaky with low blood sugar or get light headed if I stand up quickly as I have quite low blood pressure but this was nothing like either of those.

Mammy, that's absolutely amazing! Did you do a course?

Emma its good to have you back. You've been busy catching up!!
Aww thanks, no course just lots of pre-wedding determination. It's probably the best thing I've ever done and I normally love it but just don't have the energy now! And I forgot that I've got Parents Evening for the next two nights so going to have to do it really late at night :(

I'll post my other two favourites...one was a cake for my Mother in Law and the other was my first Xmas cake. I love the wee cute penguins on it :rofl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
I can never add more than one pic at a time...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi EMMA! Missed you, sorry about the vertigo feeling, that sounds awful :( :hugs:

Beautiful cakes Mammy!!!

Hi ladies

Thanks for your compliments on my bean! I love him! :) Makemeamammy your cakes are FANTASTIC darling! I LOVE THEM! I really wnt to work out how to work with fondant icing this year. It is on my 'to do' list.

Good to see you back again Emma! The vertigo thing sucks - I get dizzy spells every now and then - sometimes at night in bed when i toss and turn! Apparently it is quite normal in pregnancy!

As for feeling fat - I feel like a blob.. its horrendous - I had already gained some weight before my pregnancy and didnt get a chance to lose it before falling preg.. as a result I am going to be really careful about gaining excess wait in this pregnancy! We are all young so I think we will bounce back with no troubles! I am generally very active - I used to box and run over 50km a week! haha - not lately though :( *sigh*

Have a great day ladies
xox

You're all young! I'm the crone of the group! I was older than all of you are now when I got pregnant last time! :cry:

Emma you are crazy! you are young sillY! your only 32! You are a spring chicken!! :)

Ha ha! :)

I feel so young when I go to my Ob's. So many ladies here are well into their 40s when they start having children. My Grandma was 45 when I was born. It really does make me feel like a spring chicken despite knowing I'm 10 years older than the other women in my family were when they had babies.

Lol... I'm feel very uoung and inexperienced now thanks emma :p

Ok so I just found out one of my friends from high school just moved back to my town and she is 14 weeks pregnant! :) I am so excited!!!

I don't think that ever changes, Sasha! Whether it's work or motherhood I often feel like if I was someone else I would look at me and think I'm out of my depth!

Anyone suffering from headaches? I have now had two in a week.. so frustrating!

Me too Bam... I also got really bad ms today... I wish I knew of a way to help... I have an appointment tomorrow morning for my scan and I was planning on asking her what else can help.

Luckily here we have a law (Family Medical Leave Act) that if I get sick while I'm pregnant I can take a day off of work and not get in trouble.

Whilst I come from a truly supportive workplace, I have had so much time off work already that I feel so guilty to take anymore off.. I hate the feeling I get - Like even though they say its fine, in the back of their minds they are like 'not again!'

*sigh* I would like to be self-employed for this reason lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->