Valentine's BfP ladies

Aww that's wonderful news Bambola! Lots of suspected boys in this thread!! Can't wait for my scan on Monday now! JBell you are so thin!! You have the cutest wee bump! I just have a fat pooch now where my belly used to be! :)

Missus - haha to the meltdown! I did that in Dublin once, drove around for hours and kept having to pay to get through the tolls over and over! I ended up crying my eyes out and I wasn't pregnant so you have a very good excuse!

Emma, so sorry about your back. Did you have that the last time?

My programme is still on as it's a 9 week series. I had a call last week asking me to do a Scottish version of One Born Every Minute (a very popular British show about women in labour) as it's filmed at my local hospital. I refused though! Definitely don't want any cameras on me at that moment! DH will be lucky if I allow him to take photos of me after the birth, never mind a tv crew filming it all!

Haha mammy I am also DREADING photos post birth!!

So I finally had my scan today, turns out I'm 2 days ahead so predicted DD now 26th Oct. Here's a photo of the little munchkin, he/she was kicking and wiggling constantly!!

Attachments

• DSC_0927.jpg
    DSC_0927.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10
Mammy, my back did go briefly in the last pregnancy when I was trying to put some socks on standing up. I don't know why I just don't sit down but I still do it! I guess the relaxin hormone makes it happen more easily. I am desperate for it to get better soon.

Just be careful ladies! Your body is stretchier than usual so don't lift heavy things like I did. DD weighs less than 10kg so it didn't take much (though the slipped disk puts me at risk of it happening anyway).

Missus, love the scan!

Take some pics post birth! You'll want to see them again or show them to your child one day! I wish I had more now!

Hey Missus! That's cheating! You can't just go skipping ahead of us like that :)

Well...ok, since it's you!! I'll change your date on the OP. Gorgeous pic! Did they give you any clues of gender? Xx

Haha sorry ladies!! :-D

No hints on gender, what are your thoughts? Don't really know what I'm looking for but I'm 60:40 boy....

Oh goodness Missus, I wouldn't have a scooby where to start with working out gender. You should post it in First Tri and you'll probably get loads of ideas, I reckon there's some pro's in there who could help out!

Hey, anyone know if JuneBugs is ok? She's not posted on here in aaaages! Xx

Hmmm yes I've seen alot of those posts, I'll just try and be patient and wait until next scan.

Hopefully junebugs is ok.

My news is now out officially on Facebook and in work so all feels very real now!!

I was wondering about Junebugs too.

I'm still really indifferent to sex this time, but keep having dreams it's a girl. DH says that's cos we already have one!

My scan put me ahead by 2 days but the error is 4 days so I'll just leave my due date where it is. I know when I ovulated so I can't possibly be 2 days ahead. It isn't like the UK here if there are only a few days in it they stick with the original date. I guess if there's a week in it they'd change the EDD.

I still keep thinking I can feel movement but rationally I don't think it is! Early movement really is like little bubbles of gas moving about!

I've also mentioned it on FB, still not feeling all that real to me!

June bugs is fine. She's been posting on another thread.

I had another dream we had a little boy last night and for the most part it was wonderful. Some of it was creepy but I'm used to bad dreams and it was still ok.

I've just found out that DH's grandmother's birthday is October 24th. It's so neat because he is her favorite.

I'm so anxious to find out the sex now. Especially after my dream.

Hey ladies, I've only gone and got myself a bit worked up!

I found out at the end of the working day yesterday that a child in my school (maybe more than one) has had slapped cheek (parvovirus) in the last few weeks. He is in school and is still getting over the bug.

My boss hadn't told me it was going round and now I'm all worried as it can have complications in pregnancy and could mean needing closer monitoring. My mum can't remember me ever having it as a child so I don't think I am immune to it.

Going to phone my midwife on Monday and mention it at the scan but I've got myself all worked up and could do with some reassurance :( xxx

Mammy, I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed back during the infectious stage, maybe he's just getting over the symptoms. I guess the issue might be kids incubating it. Have the school done you a special risk assessment? If not, there should be a generic one mentioning pregnancy as well. Ask to see that and what it says in relation to infectious diseases and pregnant women. If nothing, get them to update it quickly!

Also, slapped check seems to have dropped off the list of childhood diseases at some point for a while as it was confused with other generic fevers, etc. Can't remember where I read that but I came across it when my DD was ill. You might have had it but never been diagnosed just had a fever with red cheeks which is a really common symptom of fever anyway.

My mum had never heard of it so if I had it it went undiagnosed. In our school you can't stop children coming to school when sick (even if they have vomited if their parents say they want them to stay we have to let them stay!)

We've had chicken pox lately too but I had that as a child. My concern really is, if one child has it, many more are bound to have it too! It's like chicken pox in that symptoms can take weeks to appear but it spreads like wildfire. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to phone midwife :(

My boss had mentioned doing a risk assessment with me but we hadn't set a date for it. She didn't know she had to do one until the head office told her though so I think she's a bit unsure about it all. (She's nearing retirement and I guess in her day there was no such thing and pregnant women stopped teaching really early)

In other news...Second tri! Yay! :) xx

In that case it should definitely be covered in the school's risk assessment. I guess that rule must be there so they don't get left home alone, poor things! As you say, by the time the noticeable symptoms appear they may have had it a while. But that means you may well have been exposed in the past without realising and if you didn't get it then fx you should be fine now.

mention it to midwife but also to school as they have to have a risk assessment in place by law. Xx

Nooooo! I've gone and got chloasma. I'm starting to look like a back to front panda. At least it is slightly less noticeable than it would be if I didn't have freckles.

I'm wearing no make up or anything and took a photo. That was with one day's exposure to the sun. You can see the pigment creeping up from my cheek bone around the edge of my eye socket.

I try to a little sun each day with face and arms uncovered for vit D but now it's going to be high factor cream ALL day.

Attachments

• 2013-04-21 15.57.39.jpg
    2013-04-21 15.57.39.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
ladies everyone is in the wars!! I hope you are all ok - Emma I haven heard of that condition - is it painful?

Mammy I hope you are ok? Its horrible when things like that happen and we are forced to freak out and worry all the time!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Not painful but in pregnancy your skin is prone to odd pigmentation and extra sensitive to the sun. The línea negra is just one example, chloasma is another. It can affect arms, legs but usually the face and is called the mask of pregnancy as it leaves you with "eye holes". The pigmentation looks like lots of age spots and can last up to 6 months after the birth of the baby.

I didn't get it last time this time it's already quite noticeable and the only thing you can do is avoid the sun.

Oh Emma, you poor thing. I guess you'll be wearing sunnies from now on then? Is it quite sunny out there now?

Bam, I'm ok. Consultant today was quite concerned as it really is very serious for baby so I have to stay off until my bloods come back to check I'm immune. Should only take a couple of days. Very strange being off when you're feeling fine though! (Feels wrong somehow)

So, I had my scan and baby seems healthy and happy. She/he had hiccups and was sucking her/his thumb :) baby is measuring 5 days ahead though so my new due date is 23rd Oct :happydance: which means I graduate to 14 weeks in 2 days :cloud9:

Here she/he is. Any gender guesses? Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
Oh, oops! Sorry it's upside down. Stupid iPad...I'll try again...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 6
Cool scan! Honestly I have no real idea!

Enjoy being off work and good luck with the results. What happens if you are not immune? Do you get to stay home until the school is declared infection free?!

I'm usually in my sunglasses all the time but must have taken them off to eat or something! Lots of cream now! It is quite pleasant here now. A bit cooler this week only just going up to about 20 degrees but still 3-8 at night as it is usually so clear! Can't complain!

Omg! I would love it be 20 degrees here! We're still between 5-10 degrees most days. I have no idea what I'm going to do. The consultant was going to get advice from the public health board so will wait and see what they say :-/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->